X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey: Vol. XVIII - Belief in a Better Tomorrow

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
    soooooooooooooo... let's review some history shall we?
    this is the best clip of the infamous brawl of the college hockey world I've seen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jXsmGTQz-I

Nodak you and the rats to the west better beware in 2011-12, Badgers are gonna **** you up for breakfast!
    Thanks for posting, I hadn't found that version on youtube.

Fusk the sue, I'm glad UM won the other day, bush league beotchs. Once goons, always goons.

Howie: "and North Dakota has done it again." "You tell me why North Dakota has every single on of these Paul. They did it in Minnesota, they did it in Denver, and now they've done it in Madison".

I really miss PB and Howie.....
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      Thanks for posting, I hadn't found that version on youtube.

Fusk the sue, I'm glad UM won the other day, bush league beotchs. Once goons, always goons.

Howie: "and North Dakota has done it again." "You tell me why North Dakota has every single on of these Paul. They did it in Minnesota, they did it in Denver, and now they've done it in Madison".

I really miss PB and Howie.....
      no problem.

I've been blaming hakstol for the goon play in the last 8 years (see turris, simonelli, and several others including jesse martin), but maybe I've been wrong. maybe it's that goon Cary Eades that condones all of this. what an effen ******cougar.

Our younger fans need to revisit this and the Turris hit to get revved up for the goon squad from grand forks when they roll into town next.

Eades...what a joke that guy is. Driver should have punted him through the glass
      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Eades...what a joke that guy is. Driver should have punted him through the glass
        Eades has always reminded me of those guys who put on those "mustache, eyebow, and glasses" things!
        "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Can someone please explan why Cam Atkinson who was a part of the Hobey Hat Trick not even an All American. Does the usually happen.
          WISCONSIN BADGERS
          NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
          WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
          WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
          B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
          Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
            Eades has always reminded me of those guys who put on those "mustache, eyebow, and glasses" things!
            awesome! maybe the student section should all wear those for Eades next time they come to madison, that would be hilarious
            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
              Can someone please explan why Cam Atkinson who was a part of the Hobey Hat Trick not even an All American. Does the usually happen.
              Cam Atkinson was a first team All-American...

Comment

Congrats to Ryan McDonagh on his 1st NHL goal, the GWG in a must win game, and getting the 1st star of the game.
                If at first you don't succeed, try cheating.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                  Cam Atkinson was a first team All-American...
                  Yeah my bad read the blog and I saw All Americans but not knowing it said West. Oops.

I want to say congrats to the Duluth Bulldogs on their first nat'l championship.
                  WISCONSIN BADGERS
                  NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                  WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                  WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                  B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                  Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

http://host.madison.com/sports/colle...cc4c002e0.html

Alot more insight on why Jordy Murray is a flight risk for the Swiss league.

Comment

soooooooooooooo... let's review some history shall we?
                      this is the best clip of the infamous brawl of the college hockey world I've seen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jXsmGTQz-I

Nodak you and the rats to the west better beware in 2011-12, Badgers are gonna **** you up for breakfast!
                      Awesome. I wish there was footage of the NoDak player who went past the band during warm-ups and hit the trombones extended over the glass with his stick.
                      Last edited by diddlypoo; 04-13-2011, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Badgers1 View Post
                        http://host.madison.com/sports/colle...cc4c002e0.html

Alot more insight on why Jordy Murray is a flight risk for the Swiss league.
                        Very informative article. It sounds like if the Swiss change the rules, he'll have to leave UW to retain the certainty of playing there; which he wants to do because he'll for sure land on a team and make NHL entry level money, vs playing his sr yr, and then have to sign as a free agent and hope to stick somewhere and make less money, possibly never getting to NHL entry level $ if he stays in NA. He's a goner.

So is a "consumer science" major the "I'm here for the sports" major?
                        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

While I don't harbor the level of disdain for Baggot that many here do, I do on occasion feel he's off base and here is a prime example:

http://host.madison.com/sports/colum...4bc187142.html

The basic point of this is that he'd prefer North Dakota's consistency to Wisconsin's past ten years that include two title game appearances and several years of missing the tourney altogether.

I couldn't disagree more and will take the 06 title and team every time over being in the tourney every year but failing.

BTW, Hey Andy! We all know you lurk here. I don't believe that any actual Badger fan will agree with you.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                            While I don't harbor the level of disdain for Baggot that many here do, I do on occasion feel he's off base and here is a prime example:

The basic point of this is that he'd prefer North Dakota's consistency to Wisconsin's past ten years that include two title game appearances and several years of missing the tourney altogether.

I couldn't disagree more and will take the 06 title and team every time over being in the tourney every year but failing.

BTW, Hey Andy! We all know you lurk here. I don't believe that any actual Badger fan will agree with you.
                            I had the same discussion on twitter with fans and beat writers from a few teams and got varied responses. I think the point that Baggot is trying to make is that consistently putting yourself in a position to win a title every single year will mean that you will eventually win 1, or 2, or multiple.

In a single elimination tournament there is a lot of luck involved in winning a title.

So I actually somewhat agree with Baggot's idea here.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                              I had the same discussion on twitter with fans and beat writers from a few teams and got varied responses. I think the point that Baggot is trying to make is that consistently putting yourself in a position to win a title every single year will mean that you will eventually win 1, or 2, or multiple.

In a single elimination tournament there is a lot of luck involved in winning a title.

So I actually somewhat agree with Baggot's idea here.

Of course we'd all like to be in the NCAAs every year and many of us, myself included, have stated that Wisconsin SHOULD be at that level.

But we can't look at this as if NoDak has this consistency and WILL win a title at some point. Logic says that if you put yourself in that position enough times, you will eventually win.

It's also possible, if unlikely, that NoDak will never win again. Like you said, in a single elimination tourney, weird things can happen. Their fans are certainly getting more frustrated by the year/failure.

Programs like us and NoDak generally aren't happy with just coming close.

Since we can only look at past performance, I'll still take Wisconsin's past ten years over NoDaks and if we could project another 10 years into the future, I'd take another 10 of the same over another 10 of their same.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post

It all comes down to the "value" of a NC. Having watched the Badger lose the NC game in Detroit, I must say that as a fan I'd almost rather not make the tourney then have to suffer through a loss like that.

NCAA tournament and Frozen Fours appearances are nice, but they are a footnote compared to winning the NC. If my option is 2 Frozen 4s in 10 years and one NC, or 5 frozen fours and 0 NC, I will take the NC each and EVERY time.

UW's bigger problem has not been the NCAAs, but how they have performed in the WCHA regular season. They should not be on the road in the WCHA playoffs more then 1 time over 10 years.

Eaves gets the Badgers a NC every ~10 years and a F4 every ~5 years and I can live with down years; particularly if those down years are caused by early departures and injuries (something that is, more or less, out of Eaves direct control).

Baggot has a point that UND will eventually break through and get a title wich will negate this whole argument. But, I think that after this year, even UND fans would agree that an actual NC banner in the rafters is worth 2 (or more) seasons as the best team (on paper).

Comment

Working...
                                X