#1 Boston College vs. #6 Northeastern - HEA Semifinals - 3/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Salvo1017 View Post
    but has trouble filling up for arguably one of the best and most consistent collegiate sports teams in America over the past decade - mens hockey.
    Jim calhoun called...he said get some facts

Comment

• Re: #1 Boston College vs. #6 Northeastern - HEA Semifinals - 3/18

Originally posted by Salvo1017 View Post
      ...still find the quarter final attendance at BC laughable though
      That happens when you play a team like previous Mack teams.
      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Ok enough is enough

Salvo, do you realize the quarterfinals don't draw well anywhere in hockey east? I know you're not used to merrimack actually hosting a QF series, so don't pat yourself on the back too hard because you guys sold out a tiny rink while hosting for the first time since I believe 1997

Worry about your own team

Comment

I'm pretty excited to watch Kyle Bigos try and skate with BC's forwards.
          2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
          2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by Salvo1017 View Post
            ...still find the quarter final attendance at BC laughable though
            They outdrew Merrimack

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              Ok enough is enough

Salvo, do you realize the quarterfinals don't draw well anywhere in hockey east? I know you're not used to merrimack actually hosting a QF series, so don't pat yourself on the back too hard because you guys sold out a tiny rink while hosting for the first time since I believe 1997

Worry about your own team
              QFs draw in Maine, students or not. Again, difference in importance. You aren't going to win this argument, he'll troll you to death because what he says is true.
              I'd think you'd take solace in the fact that BC has the best program in the east and in that their is no argument
              Last edited by walrus; 03-19-2011, 04:29 PM.
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                QFs draw in Maine, students or not. Again, difference in importance. You aren't going to win this argument, he'll troll you to death because what he says is true.
                I'd think you'd take solace in the fact that BC has the best program in the east and in that their is no argument
                last year's QF's at Alfond vs. UML
                3000 (a good official number ), 3343, 3020

I didn't realize that was the only year they've hosted since 2006!?
                Last edited by WildShawn; 03-19-2011, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post

I didn't realize that was the only year they've hosted since 2006!?
                  Thats it? That sucks a far cry from it used to be or maybe its just my bad memory. As far as hosting, that one will be the last one for awhile also. Thats why I don't understand JD getting all excitied about it. BC hosts and cleans house all the way to St Paul and he's getting upset about some fan from a team who might get there next year or might not. Just pencil in BC now for next year, to the Garden and probably more
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Thats it? That sucks a far cry from it used to be or maybe its just my bad memory. As far as hosting, that one will be the last one for awhile also. Thats why I don't understand JD getting all excitied about it. BC hosts and cleans house all the way to St Paul and he's getting upset about some fan from a team who might get there next year or might not. Just pencil in BC now for next year, to the Garden and probably more
                    Yeah its silly. All of the schools have bad attendance in the QF's. Merrimack had the lowest attendance of everyone When its a new thing, there's more interest, and thats great for their program, but don't try to compare yourselves to the teams that are there like clockwork. Enjoy the ride.

Comment

You aren't going to win this argument, he'll troll you to death because what he says is true.
                      What exactly did he say that is true? I didn't argue with everything he said.

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
                      Thanks

Thats why I don't understand JD getting all excitied about it.
                      Look, I have no problem if someone says BC's fan support doesn't compare to a Virginia Tech, etc...all I care is you give a fair portrayal of BC fans (specifically BC hockey fans here). Salvo is apparently incapable of doing so.

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                        OK Eagle fans, show up tonight and cheer loudly as 3 of 4 schools bitter fans will be rooting against us
                        Let's see if BC can rise to the occassion again in big games.
                        BC gets it done again

Onto the regional in St. Louis, all they do is win so far .....
                        Just don't let GDF touch this program
                        NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglefan06 View Post
                          Can we stop talking about basketball? No one here cares. Especially about BU basketball.
                          I know I wanted to kill the last thread for random crap, but I feel like I needed to bring this one back for more crap....

How many bu players have ever dated a former Miss Universe?? How many bc players have done the same???? That's another thing NU has on both of you! (The other thing we have on both schools is beanpot futility)

JJB Dating 2006 Miss Universe
                          Originally posted by Bakunin
                          Learning the history and actually suffering through it are very different things. You simply can't appreciate a title as much if you don't suffer through a lot of failure beforehand. To put it another way, if MNS ever gets any, he'll appreciate the experience on a far deeper level than the rest of us did when it was our first time, simply because he's gone far longer and failed far more than we ever did.

Comment

How does one go about contacting Miss Universe?

"Text message," said Barea, who did his own reconnaissance work to obtain her phone number. "I sent her a message to say hi, something simple like hope you're doing good."
                            cronin taught him well
                            “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                            Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                            Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                            National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by stevef View Post
                              cronin taught him well
                              lol!
                              Originally posted by mookie1995
                              bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                              Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                              Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Working...
                              X