Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part III - Championship Season Has Begun

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part III - Championship Season Has Begun

    Other thread was closed. Continue talk here.

    BC gets Northeastern in the HE Semis. Lets pay them back for the series 3 weeks ago!
    BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
    National Championships: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
    Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954


    Bentley Falcons Hockey

  • #2
    Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part III - Championship Season Has Begun

    So, it looks like Yale will be playing Colgate in the ECAC semis. Colgate winning would actually be great for us in terms of the PWR, as it would give us the common opponents advantage in the PWR over Yale (We are 3-1 vs. UVM and Colgate, Yale is currently 2-0-1). Either way, as long as we keep winning, we'll likely get a #1 seed and play in Manchester, but it'd be nice to finally pass Yale in the PWR.
    Boston College '12
    1949 2001 2008 2010 2012

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part III - Championship Season Has Begun

      We have actually clinched a 1 seed. But like you I want to pass Yale too!
      BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
      National Championships: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
      Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954


      Bentley Falcons Hockey

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part III - Championship Season Has Begun

        Colgate has been playing well lately, winning 4 of 6 against Union and RPI and tying Yale once. Union won the ECAC and RPI is a little better than .500. Yale does seem to be the class of the league, although they recently lost an OT game to St Lawrence ("Derek Gustafson isn't walking through that door").

        I wouldn't like to run across Yale in the NCAAs given what happened last year.
        Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

        Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

        sigpic

        "I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part III - Championship Season Has Begun

          Well, this won't be the first time BC's had to play a HE team at the Garden with that team's season on the line...

          Should be a good one.

          Zudnic, Yale's been struggling, but perhaps winning the ECAC tourney is just what the doctor ordered for them. With Union out, I can't see Yale losing it.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part III - Championship Season Has Begun

            Originally posted by Zudnic View Post
            I wouldn't like to run across Yale in the NCAAs given what happened last year.
            That game was not nearly as close as some people like to make it sound.
            I assure you, ladies and gentlemen, no matter what the others promise to do... when it comes to the showdown, they won't be there

            EAGLE HOCKEY

            1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

            “I want to be like them.” -Scott Sandelin

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part III - Championship Season Has Begun

              Here's where that regular season title comes in handy. Contrary to some other BC posters, I love the fact that they have the first game. When the games are back to back nights, it's huge to have the extra rest. Even if the first game doesn't go into OT, the second game will not end before 11. That means by the time the winning team gets back home, or to their hotel, and settles down, it's 1 or 2am. BC's game will be over by 8, meaning if they are discipline, they are home off their feet by 10 or 11. Definite advantage. And that is best case scenerio for the second game.

              Good to see the Hayes brothers come through. Jimmy has been playing at a high level all season, but what a great confidence weekend for Kevin. I can't stop thinking about the parallels between them and Brian Boyle. All local highly touted, almost awkwardly tall, forwards who needed time to adjust to the speed of the college game. Makes you wonder where their ceiling is....

              Excited for the weekend.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part III - Championship Season Has Begun

                Originally posted by JMSF#1 View Post
                That game was not nearly as close as some people like to make it sound.
                Agreed completely. BC was running a train up on Yale when they started resting the top players and got players like Kreider double shifting and had a lot of their lower lines rolling for the last period after BC went up by a bazillion goals.

                BC would run a train on Yale again this year.
                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part III - Championship Season Has Begun

                  What a great weekend for a BC fan. We've got BC women in the Frozen Four. BC men swept and ended UMass' season and have a 1 seed locked up. BU fans got fleeced by their own ticket office paying absurd prices over 3 games to watch their team lose and now we have the fanboys clinging to the .0000000000000000001% chance of them making the NCAAs while they praise their dipstick turd senior Joe Pereira (I hope he didn't cry as much as Peter Macarthur).

                  Throw in the short-bus Maine fans having trouble trying to understand why they aren't a destination for a good hockey player anymore and denials about becoming Lake Superior State East (I'm sure LSSU fans were not in denial at this point either!) and you've got a perfect weekend of hockey there.
                  Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                  The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part III - Championship Season Has Begun

                    I too am happy BC has the early game. It's not gonna be a full house at 5 and considering all neutral/UNH fans will be rooting for NU, fine with me that BC's in the early game. Plus, as you mentioned, potentially more rest and with the early game, you know exactly when it's starting.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part III - Championship Season Has Begun

                      Originally posted by JMSF#1 View Post
                      That game was not nearly as close as some people like to make it sound.
                      True.

                      Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                      Zudnic, Yale's been struggling, but perhaps winning the ECAC tourney is just what the doctor ordered for them. With Union out, I can't see Yale losing it.
                      My point was that a team motivated by vengeance is a dangerous thing. Which is why I wouldn't have liked to see BU at the Fleet too. Yale doesn't seem as unstoppable as they were earlier in the season (granted they are an ECAC team). And I concur they are slowing down a bit. There's a reason ECAC doesn't send many teams to the FF... even those awesome Cornell teams of 4-5 years ago didn't get very far.

                      I don't get the feeling that many teams are really strong this year. I obviously don't get the chance to watch a lot of out of town teams, but I don't feel like the CCHA was that strong this year so Michigan, Notre Dame or Miami don't scare me (although ND and Miami would both have a bone to pick with BC). North Dakota looks awesome this year, and I would also worry about a big physical WCHA team like UNO. BC in the past has had issues with that style but this year they seem to have the size to match up with western physicality better. BC this year is still fast, but unlike in the past they have some size up front. Not a lot of Gionta/Voce/Collins types this time.
                      Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

                      Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

                      sigpic

                      "I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part III - Championship Season Has Begun

                        Originally posted by Zudnic View Post
                        My point was that a team motivated by vengeance is a dangerous thing. Which is why I wouldn't have liked to see BU at the Fleet too. Yale doesn't seem as unstoppable as they were earlier in the season (granted they are an ECAC team). And I concur they are slowing down a bit. There's a reason ECAC doesn't send many teams to the FF... even those awesome Cornell teams of 4-5 years ago didn't get very far.

                        I don't get the feeling that many teams are really strong this year. I obviously don't get the chance to watch a lot of out of town teams, but I don't feel like the CCHA was that strong this year so Michigan, Notre Dame or Miami don't scare me (although ND and Miami would both have a bone to pick with BC). North Dakota looks awesome this year, and I would also worry about a big physical WCHA team like UNO. BC in the past has had issues with that style but this year they seem to have the size to match up with western physicality better. BC this year is still fast, but unlike in the past they have some size up front. Not a lot of Gionta/Voce/Collins types this time.
                        If Yale wasn't motivated by everything else and needed vengeance then they have problems and are going to get smoked no matter what anyway.

                        I think you're right in that there are not a lot of juggernauts this year. But there is some serious depth all the way through the 3 seeds that could be very dangerous. I've seen a lot of those teams... CC, UNH, Miami, Notre Dame, UNO ... all very, very dangerous teams on any given night... more than I can remember in previous years from teams in those same types of slots in the tournament if they stay where they are.
                        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part III - Championship Season Has Begun

                          I suppose having vengeance on your mind can also be a bad thing? See Miami losing to BC four times in the NCAA tourney. Not sure though. It can go both ways.

                          North Dakota appears to be a juggernaut, but at the same time, they've lost two straight first round NCAA games where they were the favorite. The also have an unproven goalie, although he can't be any worse than Eidsness.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part III - Championship Season Has Begun

                            Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                            I suppose having vengeance on your mind can also be a bad thing? See Miami losing to BC four times in the NCAA tourney. Not sure though. It can go both ways.

                            North Dakota appears to be a juggernaut, but at the same time, they've lost two straight first round NCAA games where they were the favorite. The also have an unproven goalie, although he can't be any worse than Eidsness.
                            I don't think Miami wants to play any Boston team if you include BU's comeback in 2009. They were up 2 goals with time running out and WHAMMO. That was their best chance as that had to be the all time meltdown.

                            BC in recent years match up well with the Sioux, let's hope BC wins their regional and gets another chance to play North Dakota in another exciting showdown.
                            NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

                            Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part III - Championship Season Has Begun

                              Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              I too am happy BC has the early game. It's not gonna be a full house at 5 and considering all neutral/UNH fans will be rooting for NU, fine with me that BC's in the early game. Plus, as you mentioned, potentially more rest and with the early game, you know exactly when it's starting.
                              yeah, i know it's better for the team but selfishly in terms of getting there and "preparing"for it, i like the second game
                              *****

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X