WCHA Final 5 (6) ((5)) - You Know (I Think) What I Mean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WCHA Final 5 (6) ((5)) - You Know (I Think) What I Mean

According to Brad Schlossman on the WCHA conference call.
    McLeod: "George, this is Bruce."
    Gwoz: "Which paper do you work for?"

IALTO
    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
      The Whiskey Bottle Incident and waking up locked in the trunk of Bakunin's car was the last straw for me.
      Going on a date and then drinking with Commie is never a good idea.
      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
        Going on a date and then drinking with Commie is never a good idea.
        He certainly wasn't the gentleman you were, Biddy.
        when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
          He certainly wasn't the gentleman you were, Biddy.
          inorite!?
          tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by JS Tigers View Post
            CC hardly has the alumni base that schools like UND, and especially Wisconsin and Minnesota, have. Most WCHA cities are FULL of people from those schools. Nobody is questioning the dedication of UND fans, and the fact that you travel very well. But it's apples and oranges. We don't have the number of hard-core fans that those schools have, but that doesn't mean we don't have great fans.

The point is that even though schools like CC and DU may not travel well, in spite of everything else going on in Colorado, they draw VERY well at home, even without the huge alumni base of many other schools. So you guys can dump on that, but let's face it, in most areas, college hockey is a niche sport. People like WestCoastSioux can rip on CC fans all they want, but the fact that we are always in the top 5-6 in the nation in home attendance speaks much more loudly than an idiot like that.
            I'm sorry, but this whole argument that Colorado fans "have better things to do" is just stupid. Everyone everywhere has other things to do (yes that includes North Dakota fans as well). Quit making excuses and just accept it.
            "In heaven there is no beer. NO BEER! That's why we drink it here. RIGHT HERE!"

Comment

Originally posted by Sloe Gin View Post
              called what now?

js, check your rep
              Brian, or is it Bryan?

Product of a North Dakota education.
              World Arena North (aka Magness Arena on the campus of Denver State University) where the Colorado College Tigers are 17-11-5 all time against the Metro State Pioneers. Thank you Denver Roadrunners for building a second home for CC!!

World Arena North lives on!! Go Tigers!!

CC Tiger fans join us at: http://cctigerhockey.yuku.com

Comment

Originally posted by dogs2012 View Post
                I'm sorry, but this whole argument that Colorado fans "have better things to do" is just stupid. Everyone everywhere has other things to do (yes that includes North Dakota fans as well). Quit making excuses and just accept it.
                Have you been to North Dakota? I don't think that is true for them at all.

Comment

Originally posted by CCtig View Post
                  Brian, or is it Bryan?

Product of a North Dakota education.
                  Maybe a Colorado education since your high schoolers' composite ACT scores are consistently below the national average, while North Dakota's are consistently above the national average.

http://www.act.org/news/data.html

Comment

Originally posted by cg_siouxfan View Post
                    Maybe a Colorado education since your high schoolers' composite ACT scores are consistently below the national average, while North Dakota's are consistently above the national average.

They have to do well on their ACT's. It's the only way they can get the hell out of your state. Motivation goes a long way.
                    "In heaven there is no beer. NO BEER! That's why we drink it here. RIGHT HERE!"

Comment

• Re: WCHA Final 5 (6) ((5)) - You Know (I Think) What I Mean

Originally posted by cg_siouxfan View Post

Thanks for that one... I'll be sure to bank it to use in future discussions.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                        Have you been to North Dakota? I don't think that is true for them at all.

It really depends on what you want to do. If you like the outdoors, North Dakota is great for hunting, camping and fishing. There's a lot more water type activities that you can do in North Dakota than Colorado. There are also way more opportunities for Bingo
                        North Dakota
                        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by JS Tigers View Post
                          CC hardly has the alumni base that schools like UND, and especially Wisconsin and Minnesota, have. Most WCHA cities are FULL of people from those schools. Nobody is questioning the dedication of UND fans, and the fact that you travel very well. But it's apples and oranges. We don't have the number of hard-core fans that those schools have, but that doesn't mean we don't have great fans.

The point is that even though schools like CC and DU may not travel well, in spite of everything else going on in Colorado, they draw VERY well at home, even without the huge alumni base of many other schools. So you guys can dump on that, but let's face it, in most areas, college hockey is a niche sport. People like WestCoastSioux can rip on CC fans all they want, but the fact that we are always in the top 5-6 in the nation in home attendance speaks much more loudly than an idiot like that.
                          JS Tigers and I have talked about this before, we both like the Sioux hockey team. WestCoastSioux was out of line and plain wrong. In years past CC has even had higher attendance then Michigan. The only reason Michigan will out draw CC this season is because of their one outdoor game that drew 115,000.

Also, Grand Forks has one division 1 hockey team, Colorado Springs has two to support. But then again, Grand Forks is not Colorado Springs.

So Dirty, stay a Sioux fan, that way I can continue to watch CO14ers beat up on you.
                          Last edited by CCtig; 03-15-2011, 02:49 PM.
                          World Arena North (aka Magness Arena on the campus of Denver State University) where the Colorado College Tigers are 17-11-5 all time against the Metro State Pioneers. Thank you Denver Roadrunners for building a second home for CC!!

World Arena North lives on!! Go Tigers!!

CC Tiger fans join us at: http://cctigerhockey.yuku.com

Comment

Who is CO14ers again? I have trouble remembering all the little people.

Also who is Brian Canada?
                            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by CCtig View Post
                              Unlike the state of North Dakota, we in Colorado have tons of great things to see and do. It is called variety! In North Dakota, you only have one good thing going for you! The Sioux. Heck, even you know that, and that is why you no longer live in North Dakota! If you ask me, I would not brag just because you have one good thing in the whole state going for you!

By the way, if I could get off work I would be in St. Paul. With 58 or 59 college teams for CC to be #6 in the nation in attendance speaks well considering the many great things to do around these parts. Like I said North Dakota has one good thing! Enjoy your one thing!!

Go Tigers!!
                              What a waste of time to have this argument. The reality is that North Dakota fans travel so well to the Final Five because most of them can drive to St Paul from wherever they live. CC fans usually have to fly. Hey there are more Minnesota fans there than any other fans because THEY LIVE THERE. I'm a North Dakota fan but I typically root for CC unless the Sioux are playing them. Back to hockey talk.

Be very afraid of Duluth. They have a very good team and were within an eyelash of getting a bye. I think Duluth will beat Bemidji State. For BSU to have any chance Bakala needs to stand on his head like he did in Omaha. The night game is a toss up. The UAA team I saw that scored 4 twice on Mankato and 6 against Minnesota was not the defensive team everyone talks about. I think they had something like 38 shots on goal on Friday against Minnesota. Still I think CC has better talent and pulls this one out. CC needs a win to get in the NCAAs and I think they'll get it. In the semifinals all bets are off. The DU and Duluth game will be a tossup. North Dakota will be favored on Friday night but they haven't really played a top team in a while so we'll see what happens.

As always the Final Five will be a blast. The St Patrick's Day parade is at noon Thursday so the bars will be packed. Get there and enjoy the festivites and the the hockey. I will

Comment

Originally posted by dogs2012 View Post
                                They have to do well on their ACT's. It's the only way they can get the hell out of your state. Motivation goes a long way.
                                Is it the same story for Minnesota then? Because the average here is even higher.
                                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Working...
                                X