Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech Offseason Thread I: Not Winning and the ensuing drama.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan Tech Offseason Thread I: Not Winning and the ensuing drama.

Cary Eades...Cary Eades...Cary Eades...Cary Eades...Cary Eades...
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I knew that if a change was to be made, this is how it would go down.

Thanks for your efforts, Coach Russell, and good luck in the future.

DMG now copying on the story and screaming the headline.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
        Wow, I had been monitoring michigantechhuskies.com all week and started to think he'd be back next year.

Jamie did have a great passion to have success at Tech, unfortunately it didn't happen.

Hopefully some of the things he started to implement like the trip to Europe and recruiting in Europe will continue.

Also wodner what it means for Damon Whitten that he wasnt' mentioned in this article like Mikesch was.

Comment

class acts all around.
          Originally posted by mtu_huskies
          "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
          Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
          Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

I'm gonna miss the guy. I only met him once but he was very nice.

I wish the very best for him and his family.
            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Jamie is a class act and that is what I will miss about him. It is just too bad that it didn't work out for him, I wish it would have worked out for Jamie to be the coach long term. In the end, it is probably a good thing to move in a new direction, I just hope that the powers that be make the right decision on the next coach, because the direction of the entire program is going to be determined in the next few years re:conference realignment.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Jamie Russell and Pat Mikesch have brought so much to the Tech hockey program. they are great guys and great family men and great Tech boosters. unfortunately the wins weren't there. I may go cry for a bit.
                Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Well, dare I say it, considering how long one serious Fooper on here has had an itchy trigger finger...

You may now name/speculate on candidates everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    Well, dare I say it, considering how long one serious Fooper on here has had an itchy trigger finger...

You may now name/speculate on candidates everyone.
                    Paul Pooley!
                    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech Offseason Thread I: Not Winning and the ensuing drama.

Time to annoint the next sacrificial lamb. And if he tops .5oo once in the next five years, that will be an accomplishment. Russell was a class act all the way and Pat was too. Best wishes to them all.
                      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

"Our goal is to be successful in all aspects of the program-on and off the ice," said Sanregret. "A quality hockey program is a valued part of Michigan Tech's history, and we will work diligently to re-establish our position."
                        I'd like to know who is included in the "we" because she is going to need a lot of help. Guess we'll stay tuned and see if she walks the talk.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                          Ok time to put your money where your mouth is - Predictions for next year's opening day coaching roster. My money is on Jamie, Pat and Damon behind the bench with an administrative change adding a director of hockey operations who's sole focus is the off-ice needs of the MTU hockey team. Logic behind this - If the team has money to spend, it is much better spent on additional support behind the scenes than on buyouts.

You heard it here first.

Ryan J
                          Don't feel bad about the prediction. I've had the same luck with my stock calls lately.

Comment

Good luck guys. Hope it can breathe some new life into things.
                            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

I really am sad to hear the news. As I have stated before, Jamie was great to personally in my efforts to create the misfits and really supported me any way he could to that end. After graduating, he still cared to hear how I was doing and shared much with me. He succeeded at MTU in every column except for wins which was very frustrating for all of us. A class act for sure. I just wish he could have caught some breaks over the last 3 years to really see what he could have accomplished.
                              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I too am a bit bummed for Jamie Russell. Not a fate he deserved really. I don't know if Tech could get Frank Serratore to leave his gig at Air Force ... but if I was the AD he'd be on my list for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X