• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Off Season 2011

And the Nyquist watch begins......

Comment

• Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
      What "watch"?......we all know that he is gone. The REAL "watch" will be the TIMMAY watch for the next 3 years.......and it'll be like watching a trainwreck.

Comment

I'm backing The Mack from here on out.

Maybe a couple of guys on that team are borderline "thugs",but we never worried much about how other fans hated Prestin,who was as much a thug as anyone,right...?(BC has actually had far more cheap-shot artists in the past 20 years than has MC or Maine,but nobody is talking about that right now.)

My current rooting interest is just about Hockey East,now that Maine is (rightfully) sitting.To see a perennial HEA cup-cake such as Merrimack run the table would be great,as opposed to a BC or a UNH doing the same,especially since we would hear less obnoxious chirping on this thread if that was the case.It would be like seeing Michigan Tech take home the NC:unthinkable,just a couple of years ago.

Anybody but the WCHA,baby!
        Last edited by Fishman'81; 03-19-2011, 02:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
          Hopefully Gus makes the right decision for him. I think thats going to Grand Rapids and getting some experience in the AHL. Certainly has been a pleasure having him in Orono for 3 years. I was watching last years series against Lowell on my DVR, he was blowing by Lowells D like they were tied to trees. Didn't see that as much this year so I think its time to move to on. Doubt we see another forward like him in Orono for awhile
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Now that the season is o-fish-olly over, has Whitehead stepped down yet? If not, why not?
            I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
              Now that the season is o-fish-olly over, has Whitehead stepped down yet? If not, why not?
              Because Purcell left early.
              Because there were some good efforts that did not result in wins.
              Because the team was young.
              Because Blake James gave Timmay 3 more years to turn Maine into an "also ran" in HE.

Comment

It might just be a shot in the dark...but here goes...HOPEFULLY all who post on here with major concerns about the UMaine Hockey program will at least vent there frustartions with letters to the NEW AD,once he or she is in place...sounds like much about nothing to do...but doing something is better then crying later on...this won't get fixed overnight or in the next few months but knowing that there are MANY unhappy UMaine fans out there can't hurt...send a letter with your name and your concerns and the reasons WHY your not re-upping on Season tickets,not donating to such programs as the Black Bear Club,Friends of Maine Hockey,Players Banquets,Players meals and end of year Sports Budget donations...doing something is the way to go..(imo...and hopefully others)..This is a SAD ending if this program goes down the drain because of this man..(Tim Whitehead)..I know that it can be done,justr like the Old Time Maine Hockey Teams....hard work/gritty and NEVER SAY DIE attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                  Hopefully Gus makes the right decision for him. I think thats going to Grand Rapids and getting some experience in the AHL. Certainly has been a pleasure having him in Orono for 3 years. I was watching last years series against Lowell on my DVR, he was blowing by Lowells D like they were tied to trees. Didn't see that as much this year so I think its time to move to on. Doubt we see another forward like him in Orono for awhile
                  A fun and awesome talent to watch...thats what College Hockey is all about...Lets hope that we can return the LEVEL of Standard at Maine Hockey in the near future...playing HARD and playing for Hardware AND not HARDSHIP...!

Comment

Originally posted by maineiac37 View Post
                    It is somewhat sad when the toughest kid (by far...really no close second either) on your hockey team has to be the smallest kid. Yes, Diamond led the Hockey East in PIM's (and 2nd in NCAA as of last night) but any objective observer would undoubedly see that a large portion of these are due to being singled out by "soft-call" refs. When Sullivan gets poked after the whistle, Diamond is there. Shemansky gets decked from behind (a hit that if made my Joey himself, he would have been thrown out...and who knows, maybe even suspended a week later), Diamond is the only guy in blue to skate across the rink and get in the guilty party's face. Loose puck in front of opposing net, Diamond is the only one who feels the need to leave his feet and take a beating. And the list goes on Without talking negatively about anyone in particular, it is obvious to anyone who watched the Black Bears this (disappointing) season that Diamond is the only player that is even aware that there is a front of the net. On any other team this is the work that is done by the biggest, less skilled guys (i.e. Bigos, Blood, Gyrba etc). But to those who might disagree, yes J. Diamond does take dumb penalties at times. He is a young player who still has to learn that there is a time and place for everything. But being a Black Bear fan for 16 years, I hope he doesnt change too much. No one wants to root for a team that doesnt even have 1 guy the opposing team doesnt like playing against.
                    You aren’t the only one that feels that way. Diamond is the 2011 recipient of the FOMH “Monday Night Insiders” Unsung Hero Award during their last meeting of the year on March 7.

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
                      If it has changed then it must be because the political climate in DC doesn't lend itself to a nice cushy $200K+ gig in the foreseeable future for Mr. Abbott. Who can blame him for seeking the permanent AD poistion at UMaine if this is the case? As Blake James proved........you don't even have to have the brains of a baboon to do the job. And with little to no pressure to succeed........you really just have to smile, attend public functions and sporting events, and let your PR dept. write up lame press releases for the lame Maine media known as the BDN and PPH. Also, I'm guessing that Cosgrove and the donors that fund football are pushing for Abbott who is very football friendly.

you forgot about taking short-term, big money deals from media outlets that will royally pis5 off other would-be long term donors, to the long-term detriment of the university

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                        I can think of one good reason for not voting Dennehy. He coaches in the same league as Jerry York.
                        head to head?

doing more with less?

there are 2 reasons to vote Dennehy
                        I do agree that coty should have been Jerry... he had more to work with because players wanted to play for him and learn under him
                        [even if admissions standards are severly bent to accept "student-athletes".... that is not a BC phenomenon, but it does not separate BC from the rest, either... at least BU has the sense not to put all of their hockey players on the academic all star team, like Lowell and Maine, and toss too stars who are not at least willing to find SOMEONE to do their papers and homeworks for them]
                        Last edited by KnowItAll; 03-19-2011, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                          I'd have to look it up but I wonder how often the coach of the year just goes to the regular season winner? Either that or the coaches chose to show their displeasure with Merrimack's gonnery with this vote. Not trying to be a troll, but they had to have a reason for not voting for Dennehy and that about all I can think of.
                          the voting came after the apparent meltdown.
                          Cannata had a 7.0 gaa in a 120 minute stretch against Maine and Providence at the end and it looked like they were about to implode.

Comment

• Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
                            the voting came after the apparent meltdown.
                            Cannata had a 7.0 gaa in a 120 minute stretch against Maine and Providence at the end and it looked like they were about to implode.
                            Try telling that to our friends at the Tribune!!

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                            43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                            104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                            3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Tanner House has signed a 2 year deal with the Edmonton Oilers.

Comment

TIMMAY resigned yet?
                                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                                X