X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True Blue Fan
    replied
    Re: Maine Off Season 2011

It is not that ridiculous. For the most part a team thread is for fans of that team to discuss issues regarding that program. Up until 1-2 years ago that was adhered to by most fans, it is a trend that has become increasingly frequent of late.

Leave a comment:

• Federal League
    replied

Originally posted by True Blue Fan View Post
    In the future you can stay out of a teams thread, that would be a good start. I cannot for the life of me understand how and when it became appropriate to constantly post in other teams threads. When I started on here you basically stayed out of a teams thread, the thread is for discussion for the fans of that program.
    Come on... that's ridiculous. Plenty of fans read and post in threads for other teams in their conference/region. That's one of the best things about this forum. If every team thread were restricted to only fans of that team, I would not come to these boards nearly as often as I do.

Leave a comment:

• True Blue Fan
    replied

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
    *****http://www.lifeshore.com/smiley/data/media/2/3D_emoticon_136.gif******

Where was I making fun of special olympics? I give up. Sorry I tried to make a joke, in the future I will try and keep it much simpler
    In the future you can stay out of a teams thread, that would be a good start. I cannot for the life of me understand how and when it became appropriate to constantly post in other teams threads. When I started on here you basically stayed out of a teams thread, the thread is for discussion for the fans of that program.

Leave a comment:

• jcarter7669
    replied

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
    Making fun of special olympics is actually more offensive than the original fundraising joke. Real classy.
    *****http://www.lifeshore.com/smiley/data/media/2/3D_emoticon_136.gif******

Where was I making fun of special olympics? I give up. Sorry I tried to make a joke, in the future I will try and keep it much simpler

Leave a comment:

• BoSox3066
    replied

Making fun of special olympics is actually more offensive than the original fundraising joke. Real classy.

Leave a comment:

• jcarter7669
    replied

Probably a fundraiser for to help out their coach.
    Originally posted by dwollstadt View Post
    No. A fundraiser for Special Olympics. Why would you think otherwise?
    I am assuming this was your rep?

"
    Thread: Maine Off Season 2011

jcarter7669 has no basis for suggesting that a public service fundraiser has been diverted to private purposes."

Let me walk you through this. I suggested no such thing. What I was suggesting was Whitehead should be frickin part of the special olympics. Ergo, a fundraiser for special olympics would be helping out their mentally challenged heard coach. I apologize, I didn't really think that was a huge leap to make.

Leave a comment:

• Ma#1ne Hky
    replied

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
    were the defensemen allowed to hit?

(never mind hit with power)
    They hit and they won...so most likely the team was NOT coached by Whitehead.

Leave a comment:

• KnowItAll
    replied

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
    Maine hockey team played softball today in a cool "raw" Maine day. They played the Orono PD in a fundraiser for the Special Olympics at Kessock Field. I didn't make it over, but I bet those hockey players could hit the ball for power.
    were the defensemen allowed to hit?

(never mind hit with power)

Leave a comment:

• jcarter7669
    replied

Originally posted by dwollstadt View Post
    Like I said...

Leave a comment:

• Ma#1ne Hky
    replied

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    I've been busy and don't pay attention to much in offseason(unless its good news like a certain coach getting fired) That must mean Nate is now a HE coach. I think PC lost their goalie so I'll say no, 2 years though and its probably a gimme
    Alex Beaudry will be a Senior if he returns to PC for the 2011-12 season,backing him up is Senior Justin Gates and Junior Russ Stein with no recruits as of now coming in for PC according to the recruiting list...so Leaman has a position that could be a strong point from the get-go...so they will give Maine a run for there money if UM's goaltending does not shape up and improve.

Leave a comment:

• dwollstadt
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jcarter7669
    replied

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
    Maine hockey team played softball today in a cool "raw" Maine day. They played the Orono PD in a fundraiser for the Special Olympics at Kessock Field. I didn't make it over, but I bet those hockey players could hit the ball for power.

Leave a comment:

• Runsub5
    replied

Leave a comment:

• walrus
    replied

Originally posted by rufus View Post
    Is that rhetorical, or hadn't you heard the news?
    I've been busy and don't pay attention to much in offseason(unless its good news like a certain coach getting fired) That must mean Nate is now a HE coach. I think PC lost their goalie so I'll say no, 2 years though and its probably a gimme

Leave a comment:

• rufus
    replied

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    Is Leaman their coach?
    Is that rhetorical, or hadn't you heard the news?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X