This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Off Season 2011

The sooner y'all realize that Maine is the new Lowell, the easier it'll be to face reality.

I'm just rooting for 4 interesting teams to make the FF so I'll have a nice weekend in MPLS.
    1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
      Union's looking good. Watching these two teams just makes more angry about what Whitehead scrwwed up this year. He had better groceries than both theee teams.
      Looking good scoring no goals and coming off a weekend 2 weeks ago when they lost to Colgate after finishing in first in the ECAC? Methinks were that Maine we would be all over the coach for not getting it done! Not that our coach is getting it done, but please let's be consistent!

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
        You and your wife are true college hockey fans. Friends of mine are also going to St. Paul (they go every year to the Frozen Four, also). Enjoy the hockey and the great atmosphere.
        True fans, certainly, but highly delusional as well.
        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by BobF View Post
          Looking good scoring no goals and coming off a weekend 2 weeks ago when they lost to Colgate after finishing in first in the ECAC? Methinks were that Maine we would be all over the coach for not getting it done! Not that our coach is getting it done, but please let's be consistent!
          Sarcasm chief pay attention to which posters said to be wary to coaches having success in the EZAC.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
          43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
          104-47-14 (.669) in that time
          3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

I guess we can always dream of Maine choking in the NCAAs.
            1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
              Sarcasm chief pay attention to which posters said to be wary to coaches having success in the EZAC.
              Sorry BoSox I should just revert to ignoring the thread! But hopefully some others "might" get the point.

Comment

Originally posted by BobF View Post
                Sorry BoSox I should just revert to ignoring the thread! But hopefully some others "might" get the point.
                What point? lehman got his team in the NCAAs and Timmay didn't?
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                  And alas why I should not post as point not taken. Yes would have been nice to make the tourney after finishing 1st in the regular season, losing to the bottom seed on our home ice and being shut out in the tourney, as I know had we done all those things you all would be supporting Timmay!

If you read my original post you would have seen that I said "Not that our coach is getting it done" and somehow that is not good enough? OT just started in CT!

Comment

BC getting their butts kicked by CC........LOL.

Comment

Nyquist must have felt right at home with Grand Rapids tonight. They were up 3-0 late in the 2nd and coughed it up and lost 5-3.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                        True, Nate Leamon got his team into the tournament. I wouldn't say he had them ready to play, though. The #1 team in the country on the PP at 31 % and they go 0 - 9 on the PP against Minnesota - Duluth. In the league playoffs, they lose to Colgate who only had 4 wins all year. Not a very good showing for a team making their first appearance in the tournament and from a coach who some have suggested should be considered to coach Maine.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeypuck View Post
                          Nyquist must have felt right at home with Grand Rapids tonight. They were up 3-0 late in the 2nd and coughed it up and lost 5-3.
                          box score from his game tonight... 2 shots on goal, not points...

http://theahl.com/stats/official-gam...ame_id=1008398

nyquist was even on the night, but was on the ice for the stars' game winner

he's wearing #6 instead of #89... looks like GR may not allow high numbers as everyone on the team has a number lower then 35...
                          Last edited by gscott13; 03-26-2011, 12:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
                            BC getting their butts kicked by CC........LOL.
                            Maine wishes they had the CHANCE to get their butts kicked by CC........ LOL

Comment

Originally posted by BobF View Post
                              And alas why I should not post as point not taken. Yes would have been nice to make the tourney after finishing 1st in the regular season, losing to the bottom seed on our home ice and being shut out in the tourney, as I know had we done all those things you all would be supporting Timmay!T!
                              I wonder where Union was predicted to finish in preseason coaches polls

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                                . Not a very good showing for a team making their first appearance in the tournament and from a coach who some have suggested should be considered to coach Maine.
                                That was Unions first appearance int he NCAAs? or the first time Lehman got them in? You realize Lehman has already been a coach at Maine in the recent past

Comment

Working...
                                X