X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BoSox3066
    replied
    Re: Maine Off Season 2011

Fishing a bit, but anyone have any dirt on whats up with Gus and the Sweedish national team? Little surprised hes not getting a sniff at world what with Kreider and others getting a go on Team USA. That and him never making a WJC makes you wonder if its politics or a rift or what.

Leave a comment:

• Sweeper
    replied

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
    your brother is a good player Matt.
    whos matt?

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
    Abbott is a good player,and will be one of the players needed to score...my only question with this years team is who will dish the puck to the likes of Abbott/Flynn/Beattie and Diamond..? Plus one spot I hope Abbott does not man..is the point on the power-play,he has a glaring weakness to turn the puck over which resulted in shorthanded goals.
    I assume it will be Abbott/Flynn/Beattie with maybe Abbott at Center. But I highly disagree, listen the the leafs scout "he runs a great pp" He scored a pile of goals there, and most the turnovers in my opinion were blocked shots by other D.
    Last edited by Sweeper; 05-10-2011, 09:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Ma#1ne Hky
    replied

Jim Montgomerys' team,The Dubuque Fighting Saints have made it to the USHL's Clark Cup Finals vs. Green Bay...the series a best 3 out 5 begins in Green Bay on Friday May 13th...good job by Montgomery...he is earning his stripes...volunteer coach at Notre Dame under Jeff Jackson/Asst Coach and recruiting for 3 years @ RPI and now Coach and GM with a Expansion team in the USHL...1st year wins West Div. Regular season Title....bolds well for when a Div.1 Team comes knocking at his door...imo he'll be behind a Div.1 Bench in 2 years.

Leave a comment:

• Ma#1ne Hky
    replied

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    Abbott is the best of the returning forwards without a doubt,IMO...Heck,he was probably in Maine's top-three as a freshman.

He understands time and space;knows when to hurry and when to wait.I expect him to be an NHL guy,and quite possibly a better scorer than Teddy at that level.
    Abbott is a good player,and will be one of the players needed to score...my only question with this years team is who will dish the puck to the likes of Abbott/Flynn/Beattie and Diamond..? Plus one spot I hope Abbott does not man..is the point on the power-play,he has a glaring weakness to turn the puck over which resulted in shorthanded goals.

Leave a comment:

• Fishman'81
    replied

Abbott is the best of the returning forwards without a doubt,IMO...Heck,he was probably in Maine's top-three as a freshman.

He understands time and space;knows when to hurry and when to wait.I expect him to be an NHL guy,and quite possibly a better scorer than Teddy at that level.

Leave a comment:

• KnowItAll
    replied

Originally posted by Sweeper View Post
    Here is the HL I made of Spencer Abbott

Hope the guy who said he has no vision, and isn't a good passer watches it hahahahah.
    your brother is a good player Matt.

Leave a comment:

• Sweeper
    replied

Here is the HL I made of Spencer Abbott

Hope the guy who said he has no vision, and isn't a good passer watches it hahahahah.

Leave a comment:

• Tango
    replied

Originally posted by Bucky T. Badger View Post
    Please ignore if not interested in Women's Basketball, but Maine has finished their search and hired a new coach. Details from the President of Friends of Maine Women's Basketball follow:

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Friends Members,

I have received word that The University of Maine has hired our Women's Basketball Coach. I spoke to Emily Ellis who worked so diligently on the Search Committee. Emily shared how impressed she was with the overall committee process and indicated that the search effort was both intense and well done. She is thrilled with the results and if her voice was any indicator, she is very excited about the hire. She is really looking forward for everyone to meet the new Coach.

I had the opportunity to meet with both candidates and spend some time with both of them. I share Emily’s excitement about the hire and I can't wait for you to meet our new Coach. We have been blessed with many successful and special chapters in the history of UMaine Women's Basketball and I believe this next Chapter will be very exciting!

A Press Conference will be held at the Pit Tuesday, 5/10/11 at 4PM to introduce the new Head Coach for Women’s Basketball. A Meet and Greet the Coach will follow the Press Conference, also at the Pit. We hope many of you will be able to attend to extend a warm Maine welcome to our new Coach. Please RSVP to Linda Thayer at 581-1052.

GO BLACK BEARS!!!!!

Maria
    I hope Emily is more honest with her coaching opinions then her real estate deals.

Leave a comment:

• dwollstadt
    replied

Originally posted by john g View Post
    Great - the coach's name is........."New Coach"
    BARRON NAMED UMAINE BASKETBALL COACH

ORONO -- Richard Barron (http://www.gopack.com/sports/w-baskb...richard00.html) has been named head coach of the University of Maine women's basketball team. Currently a North Carolina State women's basketball assistant coach, Barron was
    chosen following a national search.

"Coach Barron brings a remarkable combination of experience, vision and energy to the University of Maine," says Athletic Director Steve Abbott. "He exemplifies all the characteristics we were looking for in a head coach, particularly a track
    record of success at top-quality academic institutions competing at the Division I level."

Barron will travel to UMaine for a Tuesday news conference and opportunity to meet with fans community members. Members of the community are invited to that event, scheduled for 4 p.m. Tuesday at UMaine's Memorial Gym.

Barron has been on Kellie Harper's North Carolina State staff for two years, following a two-year stint as associate head coach and recruiting coordinator at Baylor, one of the top women's basketball programs in the country. He also spent six years
    as head coach at Princeton, where his Tigers team won the 2006 Ivy League championship.

A Kenyon College graduate, Barron is married and has three children. His wife, Maureen, is a former Princeton softball coach.

UMaine had more than 70 candidates for the position. Abbott noted his appreciation for the outstanding work of the search committee, chaired by retired UMaine Dean Robert Cobb.

Barron's annual salary will be $110,000, contingent on approval by University of Maine System Chancellor Richard Pattenaude.

Leave a comment:

• john g
    replied

Great - the coach's name is........."New Coach"

Leave a comment:

• Bucky T. Badger
    replied

Please ignore if not interested in Women's Basketball, but Maine has finished their search and hired a new coach. Details from the President of Friends of Maine Women's Basketball follow:

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Friends Members,

I have received word that The University of Maine has hired our Women's Basketball Coach. I spoke to Emily Ellis who worked so diligently on the Search Committee. Emily shared how impressed she was with the overall committee process and indicated that the search effort was both intense and well done. She is thrilled with the results and if her voice was any indicator, she is very excited about the hire. She is really looking forward for everyone to meet the new Coach.

I had the opportunity to meet with both candidates and spend some time with both of them. I share Emily’s excitement about the hire and I can't wait for you to meet our new Coach. We have been blessed with many successful and special chapters in the history of UMaine Women's Basketball and I believe this next Chapter will be very exciting!

A Press Conference will be held at the Pit Tuesday, 5/10/11 at 4PM to introduce the new Head Coach for Women’s Basketball. A Meet and Greet the Coach will follow the Press Conference, also at the Pit. We hope many of you will be able to attend to extend a warm Maine welcome to our new Coach. Please RSVP to Linda Thayer at 581-1052.

GO BLACK BEARS!!!!!

Maria

Leave a comment:

• acs64
    replied

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
    Jimmy was fairly awesome tonight;hope you had the time to see it happen.

Tampa is my team to follow this year,despite my conflicted Maine/Boston lineage.I almost hope that San Jose advances,so I won't have to root for Teddy to slip one past Jimmy in game 7.
    Yeah...Jimmy gave Detroit another chance. It'd be sweet to see the TB Bears take on Jimmy
    Last edited by acs64; 05-09-2011, 10:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Fishman'81
    replied

[QUOTE=acs64;5136447]Well, gonna be the Tampa Bay Black Bearz against the big bad Bruins I guess. Probably should give a nod to the Vt mounted Cats too I suppose. Should be interesting. Hopefully Jimmay will be able to keep Detoilet in the hunt also.

Jimmy was fairly awesome tonight;hope you had the time to see it happen.

Tampa is my team to follow this year,despite my conflicted Maine/Boston lineage.I almost hope that San Jose advances,so I won't have to root for Teddy to slip one past Jimmy in game 7.

Leave a comment:

• Ma#1ne Hky
    replied

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
    Well, gonna be the Tampa Bay Black Bearz against the big bad Bruins I guess. Probably should give a nod to the Vt mounted Cats too I suppose. Should be interesting. Hopefully Jimmay will be able to keep Detoilet in the hunt also.

Interesting seeing all the mulititude of coaching changes around the country in D1. So when do we see Timmay's position vacated? Hopefully real soon.
    It would be nice if it happen yesterday,but he's here for this season,then well who knows as he will have 2 yrs left on his extension that he got from "Lets Make a Deal" Blake James...it will be all in what the team does/attendence drop/season ticket sales/single game sales/and the big one if the DEEP Pocket Donor$ $top...well its AD Abbotts ball of wax to figure out. But the longer he stays the worst Maine Hockey is and will be...hopefully next late March/1st part of April he's heading South on I-95. imo.

Leave a comment:

• acs64
    replied

Well, gonna be the Tampa Bay Black Bearz against the big bad Bruins I guess. Probably should give a nod to the Vt mounted Cats too I suppose. Should be interesting. Hopefully Jimmay will be able to keep Detoilet in the hunt also.

Interesting seeing all the mulititude of coaching changes around the country in D1. So when do we see Timmay's position vacated? Hopefully real soon.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X