BC gearing up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BC gearing up.

It seriously does not compute in my head how you could be happy when BC wins the national championship. The night bu won, I was not a fun person to be around.
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
      It seriously does not compute in my head how you could be happy when BC wins the national championship. The night bu won, I was not a fun person to be around.
      I don't believe I said "happy." I said that it "makes the league look better." The more the league wins, the better talent they will attract and the more competitive the league will become. If you want to burn your diploma, go right ahead. When you grow up and become a little more mature, you will have a different perspective on things. If you think it's outrageous that I don't "hate" BC, then that's YOUR problem, not mine...

I laugh when people say "Why can't we all just get along?" "Why do we have wars?" People can't even get along with their families and neighbors, how do we expect people from different cultures to coexist?

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
        1. True
        2. Yup. When Nimini arrives on December 21, 2012, I'm hopping on to go live with the Anunnaki
        3. Not true - defensive, yes. Arrogant, no. There are enough BU and BC fans like that already.
        4. Yeah...that happens when one gets older, as well.

But, seriously, I have a real hard time when some (and I don't know her age, but I assume she is yonger than I) one who I presume is either a student or not long out (I don't know Scarlet and wouldn't know her if she were standing in front of me) tells me to do ANYTHING. Apparently there is a double-standard - the "veteran" posters get to decide who says what. As I mentioned before, I graduated from BU, so I cheer for them, because they're my school. But I do not HATE the opponents. And any of these morons who are admonishing me perhaps should listen to themselves. If you want to talk about arrogant, how about a cheer that goes "_ _ _ _ 'em up - _ _ _ _ 'em up! BC _ u c k s!" Even when we're not PLAYING BC!!!! I imagine the opponents fans must think we've really lost it. Hence, my comment about the "obsession" with BC. Personally, when BC wins the National Championship, I feel as though it makes the league look better. Why would you want some team from the CCHA or WCHA (who has won like a gazillion titles more than the rest of the leagues put together) to win? So who's the one who is screwed up here? If a nuclear bomb blew up Massachusetts and the only place left were BC and Scarlet had to have lunch, she would starve rather than go there. And I'M being called the arrogant one? I don't think so. But I'll just go away now and make everyone happy, because I've made my point and nobody wants to listen to this anymore. P.S. I'm glad you had a good time up at UNH. The fans there are great. I always enjoy the games against them!
        i actually like reading the things you wrote or have written , you add shall i say, level headedness and dimension , so as i said before, i think you should post more and you are right, the UNH fans ARE great

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
          Agreed. The night BC won last year I was not in the greatest mood(from what people tell me) like "yay HE won a national title!" Part of the rivalry is to never root for the other. I couldn't force myself to root for BC this weekend no matter what the consequences were for us. I just think there is a difference between respecting the opponet and rooting for them to win a national title. I respect BC as a program but you will never find me rooting for them in any way.
          GO BU

Comment

According to USCHO: This week's bracket

West Regional (St. Louis):
            15 Colorado College vs. 4 Michigan
            10 Notre Dame vs. 7 Nebraska-Omaha

Midwest Regional (Green Bay):
            14 Western Michigan vs. 3 North Dakota
            11 Minnesota-Duluth vs. 6 Union

East Regional (Bridgeport):
            16 RIT vs. 1 Yale
            9 Miami vs. 8 Merrimack

Northeast Regional (Manchester):
            13 Dartmouth vs. 2 Boston College
            12 New Hampshire vs. 5 Denver

Read more: http://www.uscho.com/2011/03/09/brac...#ixzz1G8REW5qu
            NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

This thread really is ********.
              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                i actually like reading the things you wrote or have written , you add shall i say, level headedness and dimension , so as i said before, i think you should post more and you are right, the UNH fans ARE great
                Thanks. I know I'm idealistic and things will never be the way I envision them, but I just love the game and don't need all of the "extraneous" stuff to motivate me. And I only get defensive when someone assaults me.

Comment

Working...
                X