Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
    Or 4) a current NCAA head coach.
    Yeah, I guess that's an option too
    U.S. Naval Academy '06 - BS
    UMass Lowell '12 - MBA

Comment

• Re: UML Offseason Begins

Originally posted by goUMLgoBC View Post
      Will be nice if they can get another one in Bentley today to start the conference slate strong.
      They're currently up 14-1 in the middle of the 6th (having scored all the runs in the last three innings), so you can pretty much chalk up another win which would put them at 15-2.

In the next two weeks, they have two home games against 9-5 New Haven, away and home against SNHU (9-8), two away at St. Rose (5-7), home and away against St. A's (8-8).
      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Or 4) a current NCAA head coach. Anyway, that's what the Sun's article had said a couple of weeks ago. I think they're hoping to have someone hired before the coach's meeting which starts in April at some point. But with the Tournament about to start up, if they're looking at any assistant or coach that's involved, they'd have to wait.
        If it is who I think you're talking about, i think there was a contract extension signed March 17.
        BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
        Skating Friar Jersey
        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
        Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
          If it is who I think you're talking about, i think there was a contract extension signed March 17.
          Not thinking about anyone in particular, so no...
          Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
          2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
          2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Not thinking about anyone in particular, so no...
            ok, I thought i had saw an article that cited a specific name... guess it wasn't the Sun.

edit: yes it was... 3/16/11, article by Chaz Scoggins... though, maybe that name wasn't the one you were thinking about. and now that I see it, Chaz cites a few names.
            Last edited by Patman; 03-24-2011, 09:45 PM.
            BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
            Skating Friar Jersey
            AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
            UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
            Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

So UML is hoping to have a coach in place by next week.

Comment

Originally posted by bigeasy29 View Post
                So UML is hoping to have a coach in place by next week.
                I don't think so.

Comment

No big surprise as Maine’s leading scorer, junior Gustav Nyquist, signs with Detriot
                  http://redwings.nhl.com/club/news.ht...id=DL|DET|home

Comment

Did anyone else receive something in the mail from the Athletic Dept? Can't say I've met Eric Allen but Scott Donnelly is excellent.

I know Scott and Eric are trying but what I received today was hopeless. A letter about the past season and then an awful pic of the scoreboard with my name on it.

Word to the wise: If you go to UML don't major in Marketing (No offense Eric)!
                    Let's go Lowell.

Comment

Watching BC and Colorado College game. BC looks awful and not playing good at all.

Comment

I got mine in the mail today and they manged to spell my last name wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bigeasy29 View Post
                          Watching BC and Colorado College game. BC looks awful and not playing good at all.
                          They never play awful. I was informed of that after I made the mistake of saying they weren't impressing me when they played at the Tsongas. So I guess this is part of my overactive imagination?

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                            They never play awful. I was informed of that after I made the mistake of saying they weren't impressing me when they played at the Tsongas. So I guess this is part of my overactive imagination?
                            Muse was hung out to dry on several occasions in this game but also let in a couple of softies. He's had some great numbers in his career. After watching a game like tonight, you have to wonder if he's going to have difficulty at the next level where he's not going to always have an offense that can run amok at times and a defense that can frustrate teams.

Plain and simple, BC laid an egg tonight; it's a shame that one of their best goalies in their school history finished his career on the bench and not the ice.
                            - John

2013, 2014, 2017: UML Hockey: Hockey East Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by John_Fuller View Post
                              Plain and simple, BC laid an egg tonight; it's a shame that one of their best goalies in their school history finished his career on the bench and not the ice.
                              Feel bad for the BC guys. Tough way to go out. Kudos to CC for being ready to roll.

Now it's up to UNH and 'Mack to carry the banner for Hockey East. The perennial postseason flop and the newcomer. I hope they both fare better tonight and one of them comes out of that regional. Their opponents are tough but it will be a sin if two local teams can't make the Verizon a terrible place for long-travelling opponents to play.

If Cavanaugh's going to be the new guy behind the bench in Lowell, I'd imagine we'd find out soon now that the BC season is done.
                              U.S. Naval Academy '06 - BS
                              UMass Lowell '12 - MBA

Comment

Originally posted by goUMLgoBC View Post
                                Feel bad for the BC guys. Tough way to go out. Kudos to CC for being ready to roll.

Now it's up to UNH and 'Mack to carry the banner for Hockey East. The perennial postseason flop and the newcomer. I hope they both fare better tonight and one of them comes out of that regional. Their opponents are tough but it will be a sin if two local teams can't make the Verizon a terrible place for long-travelling opponents to play.

If Cavanaugh's going to be the new guy behind the bench in Lowell, I'd imagine we'd find out soon now that the BC season is done.
                                Highly doubtful.

I feel bad for the players and the goalie too but not surprised that it could happen. When they played UML (when we were really awful) we had more than a few moments of looking really good simply because they were not looking good. Having watched eventual Nat'l champs in the past they were clicking so well they didn't have those lapses.
                                Last edited by leswp1; 03-26-2011, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X