Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML Offseason Begins

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
    It looks like it's BC for John Gaudreau.
    Yep, for both of them.
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

I've heard from a couple of different people that went to the season ticket holder event tonight, but just in general ... any news come out tonight? How was it?
      Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
        I've heard from a couple of different people that went to the season ticket holder event tonight, but just in general ... any news come out tonight? How was it?
        Monty, I thought the school did a very nice job and the turn out was pretty good. I think it was an Alumni/STH event which was nice. The more people the better. Several of the players were there Ferreira, Carr, Holmstrom and Pendenza. Did I miss anyone? It was a perfect night for a cookout and a ball game. Hopefully they do it again next summer.

Not a whole lot of information. Coach Bazin said a few words and introduced the new assistant coaches. He did confirm the commitment of
        Jake Suter and said they want to become a bigger presence in the USHL recruiting wise. Makes sense with Cam Ellsworth back ground.

I'm not sure if i missed anything. Over all a very nice night.

Comment

Coach Bazin said a few words and introduced the new assistant coaches. He did confirm the commitment of Jake Suter.
          Curious question, did he mention Suter by name and has Suter signed a LOI yet?
          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
            Curious question, did he mention Suter by name and has Suter signed a LOI yet?
            Trying to get Bazin in trouble already?

Actually a question of my own, if he's a walk-on for this upcoming season, can his name be mentioned as long as he's filled out the other from (Grant-in-aid or something?) if not the LOI?
            Monty

Comment

According to this article, the River Hawks have offered a scholarship to Haar for next season.
              Haar commits to Western Michigan.
              https://twitter.com/#!/Haar_Daddy_18

Comment

The UML site has a picture gallery up of the BBQ.
                http://www.goriverhawks.com/sports/m...080511aaa.html

Comment

Riley Wetmore and Derek McCoy are playing in the Las Vegas Showdown which runs through Saturday.
                  http://twitter.com/#!/ThVegasShowdown

Comment

Hockey East has posted the composite schedule, and it has Lowell hosting Niagara on Sunday 10/23. Goriverhawks.com does not have this game listed.
                    Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                    "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                      Hockey East has posted the composite schedule, and it has Lowell hosting Niagara on Sunday 10/23. Goriverhawks.com does not have this game listed.
                      The Niagara schedule doesn't show the game either.

There's no mention of the Fenway games (UNH vs. ME, UMA vs. UVM) but the schedule is all set up for it (1/7/12).
                      Speaking of UVM, check out their last seven games of the season (BC, @ UNH (2), BU (2), @ BC (2)). They visit Lowell for two before that stretch.
                      Last edited by boblav1; 08-05-2011, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Off topic: Great news for UML: Meehan signs new three-year contract as UML chancellor

"I didn't need to sign a contract, but I wanted to send a clear message to the faculty, the deans and the UMass Lowell community that I'm committed to staying and finishing the wonderful projects we've started," Meehan told The Sun yesterday.

Comment

Happy Birthday ScottK!

Comment

sure is

Comment

Definitely is good to keep a guy who's shown so much support for the hockey team and is so committed to the school.

In other news, Bazin got some press with a short Q&A on goriverhawks.com http://www.goriverhawks.com/sports/m...080911aab.html and a feature in INCH's A-Z http://insidecollegehockey.com/inch/...8/08/az_bazin/. It's the same article on both sites, but still good to see.
                              U.S. Naval Academy '06 - BS
                              UMass Lowell '12 - MBA

Comment

FWIW, even with the new coach coming in, we're not quite getting killed like NU is. They apparently just lost another commit, Cam Darcy from the USNTDP has de-committed.
                                Monty

Comment

Working...
                                X