X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• choog
    replied
    Re: Dogs v/s Cats (UNH/NU Fri 10/23)

Thanks for the tip... i guess i'll try avoiding the "A Lot" then...

Leave a comment:

• thecomicbookguy
    replied

Originally posted by choog View Post
    UNH fans - any issues with parking? I'll be driving up tomorrow...
    Nope.

Well, not with the actual parking. The leaving...well, that's a different story. If you park in A Lot (the really big one on the other side of the train tracks), be ready for a lot of waiting after the game (unless it's...well, half the crowd will leave with 5 minutes left, regardless of the score; that might help, but I think it really just means the traffic's already pretty deep by the time the game's over).

There are a number of lots around campus you can use after 6pm. Just pay attention to the signs at the entrance to each lot.

Leave a comment:

• choog
    replied

UNH fans - any issues with parking? I'll be driving up tomorrow...

Leave a comment:

• Mosrite
    replied

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
    I'd love if you guys overlook us Fri & concentrate on your traditional nemesis Saturday (i know.. what nemesis?) . Knowing Dick Umile though, that's not going to happen. Hoping for a good gm although i must admit my Huskies have their work cut out big time.. Thnks for the responses.
    Maine has not been our "traditional nemisis" for several seasons now. We love TIMMAY!

Leave a comment:

• northeastern
    replied

I'd love if you guys overlook us Fri & concentrate on your traditional nemesis Saturday (i know.. what nemesis?) . Knowing Dick Umile though, that's not going to happen. Hoping for a good gm although i must admit my Huskies have their work cut out big time.. Thnks for the responses.

Leave a comment:

• RockTheWhit
    replied

UNH students claimed their entire allotment of tickets this week. Because the Maine game is Saturday, students who went to the Whitt to pick up tickets got them for both of the weekend's games. Usually, the Maine game along with a BC or BU game is the only game in which the student tickets sell out. Hopefully all of them show up on Friday as well as Saturday and there is a good atmosphere.

Leave a comment:

• d.gerry
    replied

Plenty of empty seats last weekend, so I would expect you could buy a couple. Even if they do sellout there are always plenty of people selling in the lobby or just outside.

Leave a comment:

• northeastern
    replied

Well..little over 24 hrs left to go in this one.. UNH fans, do you expect a sellout or can someone just walk up to the ticket window & purchase a ticket? (still unclear if i can finish work, beat traffic & make this one).. thnk god for NESN & Go Huskies

Leave a comment:

• northeastern
    replied

JB.. somewhere in there was a bird.. but i think the cat got hungry

Leave a comment:

• JB
    replied

Originally posted by Zudnic View Post
    Drive-by post for the obligatory Simpsons quote.

"The animal food chain goes, mouse, cat, dog." --Roger Meyers
    thanks ... I guess

Leave a comment:

• Zudnic
    replied

Drive-by post for the obligatory Simpsons quote.

"The animal food chain goes, mouse, cat, dog." --Roger Meyers

Leave a comment:

• IrishWildcat
    replied

Originally posted by JB View Post
    My thoughts on the individual D-men for this last weekend from my eyes:

Kessel is an excellent player. How much trouble would UNH be in without him.

Campanale is starting to grow on me. By the end of the second Miami game he was showing real confidence with the puck. Several time curling in his corner without going behind the net to break free of the Miami forward. He does hit which is good and seem strong on the wall. Pleasantly surprised

Beck scares me. He looks lost out there.

Hardowa looks like he has some tools. Seems to be adjusting to the College speed. I seemed to notice him less the longer the Miami game went on, that is probably a good thing. Jury is out.

Kipp I just don't know. At this point doesn't scare me as much as Beck.

Kostolansky I haven't seen him play must have played at RPI.

Krates I think he will be a solid stay at home guy. I don't think he is great but not terrible.

Funny thing is Beck and Kipp were only on the ice for 1 goal each of 11 last weekend. Shows what my eyes see - what I know.
    I agree with your points on Kessel and Hardowa. Krates has been solid his entire career, and as much as I wish he'd get involve with the offense, sometimes it's good to have a guy who simply plays his position. Otherwise you end up with guys like Kipp.

I realized it last weekend, Damon Kipp simply tries too hard...which on one hand, you can't fault him for. But since he over-pursues, or leaves his "area," or however you want to call it...he leaves a gaping hole that, when there's a loose puck and the other team takes possession, it seems that they always take advantage of it by clearing it where he used to be, or by positioning an open man in 20 feet of open ice. I'll grant you, he makes a smart play or two every game, but from what I see, he tends to make many more bone-headed ones.

Beck, I haven't seen enough of him yet to judge off it...I'm mostly lambasting Kipp based off the complete lack of improvement from last year to this year. Beck didn't play enough last year for me to draw any sort of comparisons.

Leave a comment:

• sameoldfury
    replied

In terms of team speed this is probably the fastest NU team I've seen. Look for our freshmen defensemen to jump into the offense. Our blueliners have the potential to be very productive offensively with their speed and puck handling skills.

Leave a comment:

• JB
    replied

Originally posted by UNHhockey29 View Post
    Big time. Defense is a question for me.
    Views from my seat the defenseman as a group aren’t that bad; please note, I did not say good.

The open man problem many times was the center. The D-men were behind the net with the forwards and the center wasn't on his guy (Center and Goals: Leblanc = 0, Borisenok = 5, Block = 3, DiSimone = 3). Twice it was the guy coming off the Miami bench and I think a UNH wing should have rotated but I am not sure. It certainly didn't help that the Miami forward got away from the D-man on the wall. These were young player errors is a team D situations. I might actually start bring a note pad because many of the goals have now blended together in my head.

I think the Miami games will be good for UNH. Miami's execution was so good that the coaches can now point out - when you do this goals happen.

My thoughts on the individual D-men for this last weekend from my eyes:

Kessel is an excellent player. How much trouble would UNH be in without him.

Campanale is starting to grow on me. By the end of the second Miami game he was showing real confidence with the puck. Several time curling in his corner without going behind the net to break free of the Miami forward. He does hit which is good and seem strong on the wall. Pleasantly surprised

Beck scares me. He looks lost out there.

Hardowa looks like he has some tools. Seems to be adjusting to the College speed. I seemed to notice him less the longer the Miami game went on, that is probably a good thing. Jury is out.

Kipp I just don't know. At this point doesn't scare me as much as Beck.

Kostolansky I haven't seen him play must have played at RPI.

Krates I think he will be a solid stay at home guy. I don't think he is great but not terrible.

Funny thing is Beck and Kipp were only on the ice for 1 goal each of 11 last weekend. Shows what my eyes see - what I know.

Leave a comment:

• NUMcNeely
    replied

Originally posted by northeastern View Post

I also hope we see Alex Tuckerman & Chris Donovan back for our gms this wknd. Both are solid contributors & were out sick, our last gm against Bentley.
    agreed, especially when you consider donovan's speed and speed definitely helps more on a bigger ice sheet.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X