Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dogs v/s Cats (UNH/NU Fri 10/23)

Originally posted by Zudnic View Post
    Drive-by post for the obligatory Simpsons quote.

"The animal food chain goes, mouse, cat, dog." --Roger Meyers
    thanks ... I guess
    "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

JB.. somewhere in there was a bird.. but i think the cat got hungry
      GO NU HOCKEY
      Always bullish on the future.
      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Well..little over 24 hrs left to go in this one.. UNH fans, do you expect a sellout or can someone just walk up to the ticket window & purchase a ticket? (still unclear if i can finish work, beat traffic & make this one).. thnk god for NESN & Go Huskies
        GO NU HOCKEY
        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Plenty of empty seats last weekend, so I would expect you could buy a couple. Even if they do sellout there are always plenty of people selling in the lobby or just outside.
          GO BLUE!

Comment

UNH students claimed their entire allotment of tickets this week. Because the Maine game is Saturday, students who went to the Whitt to pick up tickets got them for both of the weekend's games. Usually, the Maine game along with a BC or BU game is the only game in which the student tickets sell out. Hopefully all of them show up on Friday as well as Saturday and there is a good atmosphere.
            "Oh No! Not Maine! Then where would we get our deodorant that doesn't work?!"-Stephen Colbert

Comment

I'd love if you guys overlook us Fri & concentrate on your traditional nemesis Saturday (i know.. what nemesis?) . Knowing Dick Umile though, that's not going to happen. Hoping for a good gm although i must admit my Huskies have their work cut out big time.. Thnks for the responses.
              GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                I'd love if you guys overlook us Fri & concentrate on your traditional nemesis Saturday (i know.. what nemesis?) . Knowing Dick Umile though, that's not going to happen. Hoping for a good gm although i must admit my Huskies have their work cut out big time.. Thnks for the responses.
                Maine has not been our "traditional nemisis" for several seasons now. We love TIMMAY!
                sigpicSouthern New Hampshire University '95

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                On a side note, when I found this video I also found some highlights of CC smoking BC in St. Louis. It was even worse than I remember. My God what an abortion that night was. Wow!

Comment

UNH fans - any issues with parking? I'll be driving up tomorrow...
                  Northeastern University, Class of 2012

GO NU

Comment

Originally posted by choog View Post
                    Nope.

Well, not with the actual parking. The leaving...well, that's a different story. If you park in A Lot (the really big one on the other side of the train tracks), be ready for a lot of waiting after the game (unless it's...well, half the crowd will leave with 5 minutes left, regardless of the score; that might help, but I think it really just means the traffic's already pretty deep by the time the game's over).

There are a number of lots around campus you can use after 6pm. Just pay attention to the signs at the entrance to each lot.
                    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
                    -Fred Shero

Comment

Thanks for the tip... i guess i'll try avoiding the "A Lot" then...

GO NU

Comment

Originally posted by choog View Post
                        CBG was right, it's getting out that's the issue.

Spots to try first that empty quicker than lot A: Field House lower lot (halfway up the hill, if you're coming from out by Route 4).

Nesmith Lot -- it's across the street from the Whit, but you enter it from College Road (the road that intersects with Main St at the lights in front of the Whit). There's also a scattering of meters across the street, if you can get in one.

Just, make sure you read the signs; otherwise, you'll contribute $50 to my paycheck.
                        I haven't been on here in a year...
                        Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Comment

Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post
                          CBG was right, it's getting out that's the issue.

Spots to try first that empty quicker than lot A: Field House lower lot (halfway up the hill, if you're coming from out by Route 4).

Nesmith Lot -- it's across the street from the Whit, but you enter it from College Road (the road that intersects with Main St at the lights in front of the Whit). There's also a scattering of meters across the street, if you can get in one.

Just, make sure you read the signs; otherwise, you'll contribute $50 to my paycheck.
                          Stop telling the out of town folks the good places to park... jeez...
                          "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
                            Stop telling the out of town folks the good places to park... jeez...
                            Seriously You should have said: "due to construction, the only lot is West Edge, and if you don't get there before 5:30, you will miss the shuttle and have to walk to the arena"

Comment

Just arrived at unh... We still have 40 minutes but so far NU has about... A dozen fans. Hopefully the rest are stuck in traffic?

Another note- apparently NU sold us tickets to the february 2010 game... They fixed it no problem... Weird...

Here's to hoping we don't only have a handfull of fans show up on NESN!

Edit: people are starting to trickle on now... Hey I'll take a win over a good crowd, but both would be nice.
                              Last edited by choog; 10-23-2009, 05:40 PM.

GO NU

Comment

Tough gm to watch.. seemed like the puck just did not settle on the NU stick.

Regardless, better team on the ice won tonight.

We have to control the 'too many men on the ice' penalties.. (back-to-back..what a killer). Score in the last 5 mins could've been 3-2 v/s 4-2 going into the final stretch.

Rawlings did not look that bad, save a few big rebounds.
                                Our offense looked a bit anemic. Part of that was due good UNH defense.. the other part?..

Work to be done, no doubt. Lowell next..
                                GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                                X