Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dogs v/s Cats (UNH/NU Fri 10/23)

Game's not over yet!

But when it is, I'll be curious, why the hell didn't Cronin pull Rawlings with a power play and just over 2 minutes to go? Seems stupid to me.

Comment

no one was giving Rawlings any instructions on what to do for that powerplay. Pretty disappointing on NU's part. 1 for 8 on the powerplay with only 8 shots. the system may have worked against bentley but it's not going to work against HE teams. time to change it up IMO. Rawlings didn't actually look that bad. A few long rebounds here and there but he made some good saves. The 2nd goal should have seen the d-men clearing people out of the front and the 3rd goal was one of those super low percentage shots that got the lucky bounce off of his pads. Hopefully they realize that they need to take at least 2 points out of this weekend and step it up tomorrow at Tsongas.
      Celebrating 20 Years of TheDogHouse

Comment

I thought Rawlings played pretty well too.
        I didn't see any reason for him to be ON the ice as soon as the power play started. You're down 2 goals, slim chance you'll score 2 goals in the last 2.5 minutes, why not take a chance and pull the goalie, get the extra skater right away? If UNH scores to make it 5-2, who cares?

That said, NU came out strong and put a lot of pressure on, but UNH's defense actually did a good job keeping the puck away from the slot. Best defensive effort so far for UNH, and I really like the group of forwards. Keep it rollin' tomorrow night against Maine...

Comment

Good effort all around by the Cats tonight. Defense was solid, they actually scored 2 on the PP and Foster was as good as he's played all year. 8 penalties is way too many and they have to get that figured out....soon. Nice for freshman Dalton Speelman to get his first two goals as a Wildcat tonight. Butler and Sislo with the other markers. Nice that they could carry over the solid effort from last Saturday over to tonight. Would be nice to lay a beating on Maine tomorrow night and make it a 2-0 weekend and start to the conference sked.
          Let's go Cats!!!

Philadelphia Phillies Well there's always next year

2007 ECAC East-NESCAC LPS Champ!!
          2009 ECACHL Pick 'em champ!!

"All the miseries and evils which men suffer from vice, crime, ambition, injustice, oppression, slavery and war, proceed from their despising or neglecting the precepts contained in the Bible." [Noah Webster. History. p. 339]

Comment

Originally posted by Gibber View Post

But when it is, I'll be curious, why the hell didn't Cronin pull Rawlings with a power play and just over 2 minutes to go? Seems stupid to me.
            ..agree. Almost seemed like our goalie was ready, but the coaching staff was not. Like i said, work to be done. Congrats on the win.
            GO NU HOCKEY
            Always bullish on the future.
            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
              ..agree. Almost seemed like our goalie was ready, but the coaching staff was not. Like i said, work to be done. Congrats on the win.
              And good luck the rest of the way, I like NU and their scrappiness. I don't know much about them compared to last year (other than not having the best goaltender on the planet in net), but Cronin's done a good job at putting a solid team together.
              Last edited by Gibber; 10-23-2009, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                I did enjoy the dance he did several times. (I'm getting pulled. Nope back to the net. Ok now I'm getting pulled. No nevermind back to the net.)
                UNH

"Any idiot can spell a word the same way time after time. But it call for imagination and is much more distinguished to be able to spell it several different ways as I do." -Patton

Comment

Originally posted by UNHhockey29 View Post
                  I did enjoy the dance he did several times. (I'm getting pulled. Nope back to the net. Ok now I'm getting pulled. No nevermind back to the net.)
                  That was nothing compared to the chorus line during the national anthem. I counted at least 5 NU players bobbing back and forth...in unison. I was more impressed than offended.
                  A Decade of Dominance

2001 2003 2004 2007 2008 2011

Comment

Watched on NESN. Defense was pretty bad, did not get in passing lanes or block shots, also did not clear men in front of the net. Rawlings still can't move laterally in net. If they don't figure this out, I think we're in for a long season.
                    Dog House Class of 2003

"Puh Pah Playoffs!...You talk about playoffs?... You kiddin' me? Playoffs?"

55-622-73-35-418, I'm on FIRE!

Comment

Don't know if this is accurate, but the NU athletic website is reporting that the UNH-NU gm from last night will be replayed today at Noon on the NHL Network.. (for those that have it).

So, for you UNH fans out there.. something to watch & feel good about, before your Maine gm. And as far as Husky fans.. well, something to watch (players included).. and er.. improvise
                      GO NU HOCKEY
                      Always bullish on the future.
                      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Working...
                      X