Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: #7 Vermont at #2 Univ.New Hampshire HE quarter final

Originally posted by UNHhockey29 View Post
    When was the last time UNH didn't play qtrs at home? I know NU brought their band to BU. Lowell has brought their band up before as have other teams. I believe because it is a play off game this is allowed. I also believe we were allowed to do the 50/50 but Hockey East had to recieve the proceeds so what's the point?
    BU had a 50/50 last night. It is also my understanding that the league allows visiting bands anytime, but most schools don't pay the expense to bring them. For example, since Northeastern is only a couple of miles away, the kids in their band probably went on their own. Since this was the playoffs and there's more bang for the buck given that everyone will be staying at least two days, Vermont probably approved it. I do know that is is incorrect that it has to be at the invitation of the home team, as some on other threads have suggested.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
      BU had a 50/50 last night. It is also my understanding that the league allows visiting bands anytime, but most schools don't pay the expense to bring them. For example, since Northeastern is only a couple of miles away, the kids in their band probably went on their own. Since this was the playoffs and there's more bang for the buck given that everyone will be staying at least two days, Vermont probably approved it. I do know that is is incorrect that it has to be at the invitation of the home team, as some on other threads have suggested.
      The Vermont band, and mascot, were only present on Saturday. In fact, I was surprised how few UVM fans there were on Friday, given their attendance last year. I'm sure making the three hour trek from Burlington was a factor. Also, despite being higher ranked, this UVM team was not as good as last year.
      I haven't been on here in a year...
      Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Comment

Originally posted by ClOuD 9 View Post
        The canned music has become such a joke that even after a full season they still can't decide what the team should come out to at the start of the 2nd and 3rd, they've used no less than 3 songs intermittently.
        If you recall from the focus groups, since the banning of Black Betty, the selection is supposedly up to the team. This came up when Thunderstruck was objected to because the team came out during the intro, and the crowd wasn't into it.
        113-162-27 .419

252-113-40 .672

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
          Well considering the fact that you've forgotten/forsaken your native tongue, I'll consider the source.

The record is lopsided which is fine with me and I hope it continues. The record is also lopsided in the annual Shrine football game between New Hampshire and Vermont high school all-stars which is fine with me as well. The records do not diminish the rivalry though IMHO.

BTW, Maine is not a rival either, right?
          Speaking of Vermont, UNH and football...

NHL Hall of Famer Rod Langway came to UNH only because he wanted to play football, and Vermont dropped its football program just as he was about to head off to college. So he landed in Charlie Holt's squad instead.

He was an awesome linebacker while at UNH (while on some very strong Div 2 teams) -- then jumped right into the hockey season (great defenseman of course) without a break. Two very demanding sports, and he was out outstanding in both.

Tough as nails mentally as well -- I used to see him out running on the Route 4 highway in mid-summer (humid days, temps in the 90's) with a pack on his back loaded with weights!

Comment

Working...
          X