Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: #7 Vermont at #2 Univ.New Hampshire HE quarter final

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
    For kids who went to UNH and grew up in New Hampshire(like myself), UVM was a big rival and still is. Obviously you didn' t grow up in New Hampshire or you would already know that.
    I dowt you can remembeur wahts you ad pour lunche yesturday.

Pour ALL of da 1960s et 70s UNHs goed 32-5-0 vs. Vermont.

Oui, dat one barnburneur of a rivalry you olde fools is rememberuing, me!

Comment

Originally posted by goblue View Post
      Yeah, I have to disagree with Snives about this one, because BU was THE huge rivalry, as I recall. However, I am willing to quickly concede defeat if others chime in and correct me -- Snives' memory of detail is far, far sharper than mine.
      I started going to games as a kid around '76 or '77, and that is exactly what I remember. BU was the HUGE rivalry and were always the most exciting and emotion filled games. I grew up in Exeter and my father had season tickets so I attended many games.
      Last edited by GoUNH; 03-12-2011, 06:22 AM.

Comment

Season ticket holder since 1968. BU was the main rival "back in the day" ....

Comment

Just looked at the box score from last nights game. While any playoff win is a good one, IMHO this one looks better on paper than it did in person. From my vantage point I would say Digi saved us from disaster in the first period.
          Last edited by SPCSMAN; 03-12-2011, 07:30 AM. Reason: typ0
          Please join me in the fight to reduce the world's supply of Bacardi.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacques "Rabbit" Poriveau View Post
            I dowt you can remembeur wahts you ad pour lunche yesturday.

Pour ALL of da 1960s et 70s UNHs goed 32-5-0 vs. Vermont.

Oui, dat one barnburneur of a rivalry you olde fools is rememberuing, me!
            Well considering the fact that you've forgotten/forsaken your native tongue, I'll consider the source.

The record is lopsided which is fine with me and I hope it continues. The record is also lopsided in the annual Shrine football game between New Hampshire and Vermont high school all-stars which is fine with me as well. The records do not diminish the rivalry though IMHO.

BTW, Maine is not a rival either, right?
            UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Was surprised to see attendance listed in the box score as only 2,854. What's up with that?

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                I grew up in Durham (see my reminiscing posts above) and remember BU visits as being the wildest in the late 60s and early 70s; I remember Clarkson, Army, and UVM being a big deal in the outdoor Batchelder rink in the early 60s. Was not in the East from 1972 to 1981, so cannot say about those years, although as noted by Snively above, we had some great teams then, and a heart-breaking FF loss in 1977 that I watched on TV in Colorado.
                I grew up in Lebanon, NH. UNH had a kid on the team from Hanover named Freddy Daley(did PG at Exeter) who I knew. Hanover was a big rival of mine in high school. Anyway, I'm not denying that BU was a rival(lopsided all-time series in BU's favor notwithstanding) and I also loved the Cornell, Clarkson, BC and Harvard games in the early 70's when I was at UNH. But I loved it when we hammered UVM.

By the way someone mentioned earlier the game at UNH which Vermont won on a Cap Raeder gaff, coming out of the net and leaving it wide open. The kid who scored that goal for UVM was the late Randy Koch who was later my oldest sons coach. Any good UVM fan worth his salt remembers that game with great delight and won't hesitate to remind a UNH fan of it.

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
                  Was surprised to see attendance listed in the box score as only 2,854. What's up with that?
                  The kids just went on spring break but I was surprised at the attendance as well. I bet there will be more people at tonight's game.

Comment

The kids just went on spring break but I was surprised at the attendance as well. I bet there will be more people at tonight's game.
                    BC also drew only 2800 last night....FWIW, the deciding game last March at the Whitt only drew 2,500 But I agree tonight will be better

Comment

Originally posted by pgv View Post
                      BC also drew only 2800 last night....FWIW, the deciding game last March at the Whitt only drew 2,500 But I agree tonight will be better
                      The weather outside the Whitt for Game 3 last March was miserable - blowing, horizontal rain. A thoroughly crappy day all around. At least the weather will be better today.
                      The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Clark-Hislop-Cox View Post
                        The weather outside the Whitt for Game 3 last March was miserable - blowing, horizontal rain. A thoroughly crappy day all around. At least the weather will be better today.
                        Yeah, I forgot about the weather last year...probably because I only had to drive 10 minutes

Comment

Originally posted by pgv View Post
                          I'll be there tonight. Hope we blow 'em out but I'll be satisfied with a win anyway we can get it

Comment

I grew up in Lebanon, NH. UNH had a kid on the team from Hanover named Freddy Daley(did PG at Exeter) who I knew. Hanover was a big rival of mine in high school.
                            I'll be there tonight. Hope we blow 'em out but I'll be satisfied with a win anyway we can get it
                            Hey e.cat - I grew up in Lebanon back in that era as well. Maybe we'll bump into each other tonight.
                            The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

2800+ is pretty bad, hell we had 3500+ last weekend for meaningless games versus UML and the student were gone.

I watched the game on the computer and as most have said Vermont had the better of it in the first and UNH in the second and fairly even in the third.
                              The replay on the non-call before UNH's first goal didnt show the hit on Bruniteau well enough to say if it was a terrible call but the refs could have least stopped
                              the play when the puck left the zone with a player down which might be part of the VT complaint.

It all came down again to the fact that Vermont this year is terrbile at specail teams, Vermont 0-5 and UNH 1-1. In the 2 games at UNH this year Vermont is 0-6 and UNH 4-8.

If Vermont had maybe 2 more snipers that could score they would be a much better.....oh yea ooooops I mean still had.

Cant complain about the effort last night and losing game one puts UNH right were we want them......I hope.
                              New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Originally posted by Clark-Hislop-Cox View Post
                                Hey e.cat - I grew up in Lebanon back in that era as well. Maybe we'll bump into each other tonight.
                                no way. where are you sitting? i'll stop by before the game or between periods.

Comment

Working...
                                X