Northeastern at Boston University HEA Quarterfinals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern at Boston University HEA Quarterfinals

NU is very underrated. An interesting Semifinal with BC lined up. Will NU have their redemption for the OT Beanpot loss? I hope so. Do BU a favor and win it!

Comment

Originally posted by Warrior51 View Post
      NU is very underrated. An interesting Semifinal with BC lined up. Will NU have their redemption for the OT Beanpot loss? I hope so. Do BU a favor and win it!
      If you're rooting for BU to sneak into the tournament, I can't see a way that Northeastern beating BC helps BU at all, and only puts them one step closer to stealing an auto bid, which cannot happen in order for BU to have a shot.
      time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by BigRedTerrier View Post
        Never said that he was or wasn't...but interesting that your defense of Cronin's actions is "well other coaches grab players too!"
        I'm not defending anyone's actions, I'm just pointing out a couple of things that seemed to have slipped some people's selective memories. Parker is not a "nice guy".

BTW, you know something is off when the BU fans are complaining about other teams flopping on the ice and diving. If that's not the pot calling the kettle black, I don't know what is!
        Dog House Class of 2003

"Puh Pah Playoffs!...You talk about playoffs?... You kiddin' me? Playoffs?"

55-622-73-35-418, I'm on FIRE!

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Husky Victory! View Post
          I'm not defending anyone's actions, I'm just pointing out a couple of things that seemed to have slipped some people's selective memories. Parker is not a "nice guy".
          Ok...so it's not a defense? just a little PSA for the good of the general community? I see...thank you??

BTW, you know something is off when the BU fans are complaining about other teams flopping on the ice and diving. If that's not the pot calling the kettle black, I don't know what is!
          And yet another argument that I didn't make....another PSA perhaps?

But since you brought it up, yes officiating is horrible, and every team dives/tried to draw penalties. I think the majority (all but 1?? even) of the BU fans agree with this and would say there was an equal assortment of good penalties, bad call/no calls, and dives. It's all expected in any hockey east game and you guys were able to overcome it. BU wasn't.

Comment

Parker is not a "nice guy".

So you know Parker that well off the ice?

Comment

Nice guys finish last..
              except if you're Jerry York..
              GO NU HOCKEY
              Always bullish on the future.
              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
                So you know Parker that well off the ice?
                Yes.
                Dog House Class of 2003

"Puh Pah Playoffs!...You talk about playoffs?... You kiddin' me? Playoffs?"

55-622-73-35-418, I'm on FIRE!

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
                  If you're rooting for BU to sneak into the tournament, I can't see a way that Northeastern beating BC helps BU at all, and only puts them one step closer to stealing an auto bid, which cannot happen in order for BU to have a shot.
                  It would actually help BU if Northeastern beat BC and then lost to UNH/MC because NU would most likely become a TUC and therefore help BU in the pairwise.
                  2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                  2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

My question is, why does a Merrimack fan care about BU?

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                      It would actually help BU if Northeastern beat BC and then lost to UNH/MC because NU would most likely become a TUC and therefore help BU in the pairwise.
                      No because they are 2-3 against NU this year. That would lower their winning percentage as far as TUC.

Comment

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
                        No because they are 2-3 against NU this year. That would lower their winning percentage as far as TUC.
                        We're actually 3-3, but the bump would be very minor. And again, I don't think NU can sustain a loss of any kind and be a TUC. UNH winning the whole thing would be the best case scenario for BU that I can see, but ironically, the results in the other three main tournaments have for more pressing implications for BU than the HE tournament, save an upset run by NU. Right now from what I've worked out, if Western Michigan beats Michigan, BU is done, that's the only Friday auto-elimination game I've found so far for BU.
                        time to write new history

Comment

We're actually 3-3, but the bump would be very minor. And again, I don't think NU can sustain a loss of any kind and be a TUC. UNH winning the whole thing would be the best case scenario for BU that I can see, but ironically, the results in the other three main tournaments have for more pressing implications for BU than the HE tournament, save an upset run by NU. Right now from what I've worked out, if Western Michigan beats Michigan, BU is done, that's the only Friday auto-elimination game I've found so far for BU.
                          NU can beat BC and lose the final and still be a TUC in certain scenarios. I'm pretty sure I found at least one last night where that would help BU, but the whole night and all the scenarios I looked at are kind of a blur right now.
                          Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                            NU can beat BC and lose the final and still be a TUC in certain scenarios. I'm pretty sure I found at least one last night where that would help BU, but the whole night and all the scenarios I looked at are kind of a blur right now.
                            I did too with them losing to Merrimack in the finals. I've yet to find a scenario in which BU makes it in the tournament, but haven't tried UNH winning HE yet because I don't see that happening. I think BC or Merrimack wins HE.

Comment

I did too with them losing to Merrimack in the finals. I've yet to find a scenario in which BU makes it in the tournament, but haven't tried UNH winning HE yet because I don't see that happening. I think BC or Merrimack wins HE.
                              The easiest scenario would be for favorites to win out, except for Dartmouth losing against Cornell and Colgate (consolation game). BU would be in the tournament in this case, at #15.

BU Alum '07

Comment

but haven't tried UNH winning HE yet because I don't see that happening.
                                you really think it's that far-fetched that you wouldn't at least plug them in there and see?

Comment

Working...
                                X