Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern at Boston University HEA Quarterfinals

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
    you really think it's that far-fetched that you wouldn't at least plug them in there and see?
    I think alot of fans just don't want to get their hopes up for something in the 5% chance of happening. Maybe it is a little more but not much. UNH could finally bring home some hardware but other things have to fall into place though like Dartmouth losing twice and Western Michigan falling as well.
    GO BU

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
      you really think it's that far-fetched that you wouldn't at least plug them in there and see?
      I did later, but I'm a Merrimack fan so I'm hoping that UNH doesn't win the HE Title.

Comment

Originally posted by mpereira View Post
        I think alot of fans just don't want to get their hopes up for something in the 5% chance of happening. Maybe it is a little more but not much. UNH could finally bring home some hardware but other things have to fall into place though like Dartmouth losing twice and Western Michigan falling as well.
        dartmouth does not have to lose twice, and western michigan is the underdog of the four teams at the joe this weekend.
        time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by mpereira View Post
          I think alot of fans just don't want to get their hopes up for something in the 5% chance of happening.
          5%... try .0000000001%. My favorite part of the year is when BU is not going to make it and the fanboys spend all this time on the PWR predictor coming up with scenarios that gets BU in.

BTW, INCH had this to say about the BU, NU game 3 aftermath:

It’s unfortunate that Northeastern’s win over Boston University in the third game of a Hockey East quarterfinal series was marred by unpleasantries between coaches of the two teams shortly after the Huskies bounced the Terriers from the playoffs. Cooler heads eventually prevailed and the coaches eventually shook hands, but not before officials sent the Northeastern players to the locker room prior to the traditional postgame handshake with the BU squad. Not the way anyone wants to see a hard-fought series between two longtime rivals end.
          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

About the post game on-ice festivities. For some reason, this was interpreted as an unsportsmanlike action on the part of the Northeastern team. In reality, it was a poorly communicated action taken by the referees to avoid fisticuffs or other kinds of mayhem following the buzzer.

It seems unlikely that the refs were concerned about NU starting trouble as the Huskies will need all of their players for the BC game on Friday. That leaves only bu as potential instigators as they have only the slimmest of chances that their season will continue.

As for the taunting, remember that most of these players know each other very well. They play with and against each other in summer leagues and have many common acquaintances. Also keep in mind that the NU players have taken Sh.. from the bu players for years for reasons that are well known to the posters here. Being human, the NU players might be expected to "express their pleasure" at having outplayed bu on its own ice for most of the past four games and for having won a "big one" for a change.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryecheers View Post
              About the post game on-ice festivities. For some reason, this was interpreted as an unsportsmanlike action on the part of the Northeastern team. In reality, it was a poorly communicated action taken by the referees to avoid fisticuffs or other kinds of mayhem following the buzzer.

It seems unlikely that the refs were concerned about NU starting trouble as the Huskies will need all of their players for the BC game on Friday. That leaves only bu as potential instigators as they have only the slimmest of chances that their season will continue.

As for the taunting, remember that most of these players know each other very well. They play with and against each other in summer leagues and have many common acquaintances. Also keep in mind that the NU players have taken Sh.. from the bu players for years for reasons that are well known to the posters here. Being human, the NU players might be expected to "express their pleasure" at having outplayed bu on its own ice for most of the past four games and for having won a "big one" for a change.
              Paragraph 2 reads NU wouldn't start trouble.

Paragraph 3 reads this is why NU would start trouble. Because taunting someone whose (who's) season is likely over while shaking their hand would certainly qualify as starting trouble.

I don't get this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                Paragraph 2 reads NU wouldn't start trouble.

Paragraph 3 reads this is why NU would start trouble. Because taunting someone whose (who's) season is likely over while shaking their hand would certainly qualify as starting trouble.

I don't get this post.
                Sorry that I wasn't clearer. What I was saying was that some the NU players might have been sorely tempted to taunt the terriers (some of whom lingered a bit too long among the Northeastern kids who were trying to do their pigpile celebration thing), but couldn't risk starting trouble given the penalties for fighting. Who knows what might have happened on the handshake line? The refs must have reached the same conclusion prior to the end of the game and decided to cancel the ritual. It would have been smart if they had promptly made that decision clear to both teams.

I think we can agree that the last five games were a lot of fun for the fans (forget the outcome).

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                  FL... this is old news at this point, but I never got a chance to ask before....

I noticed in the quote that Parker said "because of that they decided not to shake hands".. which would seem to indicate that it was NU who made that decision? (Rather than Cronin saying it was a referees decision). Was the quote from Parker prior to him learning it was the refs call? Or is there not any confirmation on it being the ref's call, other than what Cronin said?

Comment

Working...
                  X