Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Northeastern at Boston University HEA Quarterfinals

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
    From what I understand, your third game misconduct results in an automatic one-game suspension.
    Section 4c A player who receives three (3) game misconduct penalties in the same
    season (including exhibition games) shall not be permitted to play in
    the team’s next regular-season or tournament game against an NCAA
    member institution. For each additional game misconduct penalty (e.g.
    four, five, etc.) assessed to the same player in the same season, the player
    shall be suspended for one (1) additional game. This shall not be part of a
    progressive penalty structure. Exhibition games cannot be used to fulfill the
    suspension for this violation.

Comment

Well, Noonan's out then.
      Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
      Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

Originally posted by SkinsFan09 View Post
        Well, Noonan's out then.
        ...unless Parker's appeal goes through

Comment

Originally posted by BigRedTerrier View Post
          ...unless Parker's appeal goes through
          Yeah I didn't get a good look at it but I thought he hit the head. Parker said in the press conference that he clearly the shoulder pad with his elbow and it is clear on the replay so if thats the case it would get changed but if not that hurts. Noonan has been one of the best if not best defenseman on this team all year. I think him and Clendening have been the best defensive pairing out there for BU.
          GO BU

Comment

Originally posted by mpereira View Post
            Yeah I didn't get a good look at it but I thought he hit the head. Parker said in the press conference that he clearly the shoulder pad with his elbow and it is clear on the replay so if thats the case it would get changed but if not that hurts. Noonan has been one of the best if not best defenseman on this team all year. I think him and Clendening have been the best defensive pairing out there for BU.
            Given the lack of balls joe bertagna has shown in the past when he's had a chance to rescind certain suspensions, i'd be surprised if it happens here. Then again, part of me won't be surprised at all.

Comment

So Noonan is good at both hitting from behind AND pretending he got hit from behind... hmm, who knew
              Originally posted by Hokydad
              Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

well we're halfway to a probable thurs-sun series, stony brook just beat uvm. if bu defeats hartford, that game is played at noon at Agganis.
                time to write new history

Comment

Looking more and more like it will be a Thursday, Friday, Sunday (if necessary) series.

Comment

Huskies sweep and it won't matter.
                    Originally posted by Hokydad
                    Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                      Parker said he'll appeal Noonan's game misconduct last night because he didn't think Noonan ever made contact with McNeely's head. He said it was definitely an elbow, but not a contact to the head. I thought it was clearly a hit to the head, but I only saw it on replay once, so I guess I'd have to see it again.
                      it was 100% to the head. just a stupid penalty to take during any point of any game. Noonan had no need for his elbow to be that high, just clearly trying to run McNeely. As a BU fan/hockey fan in general I was ****ed, although glad to see McNeely was ok

Comment

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
                        Looking more and more like it will be a Thursday, Friday, Sunday (if necessary) series.
                        That will be better to have one game with most students still on campus for the most part
                        GO BU

Comment

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
                          Excellent, a chance for another night of hockey. I assume Thursday won't sell out right? I don't want to pay ticketbastard

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                            Excellent, a chance for another night of hockey. I assume Thursday won't sell out right? I don't want to pay ticketbastard
                            no hockey east qf games ever sell out unless its played in a little band box like merrimack. but i dont know how many scalpers will be outside, its not exactly a terribly sought after ticket. if you buy from the box office you still have to pay a stupid building fee, so itd be 24 plus 2 i assume.
                            time to write new history

Comment

The noonan hit happened about 40 directly feet in front of me. noonan certainly got a large chop on McNeely's neck. If he didn't get part of his head it was becaused he missed his mark. Stupid thing to do, but at that point noonan thought the Huskies were there to annoy him rather than to compete. He's not a stupid kid, just a stupid player.

As for the appeal: We all know that somehow, some way, jp gets what he wants from officials, commisars, etc. I expect to see noonan in game one. OTOH, Warsofsky's concussion better be completely cleared up for him to risk running into Wade McLeod after the cheap shot warso gave McLeod in the BP last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryecheers View Post
                                The noonan hit happened about 40 directly feet in front of me. noonan certainly got a large chop on McNeely's neck. If he didn't get part of his head it was becaused he missed his mark. Stupid thing to do, but at that point noonan thought the Huskies were there to annoy him rather than to compete. He's not a stupid kid, just a stupid player.

As for the appeal: We all know that somehow, some way, jp gets what he wants from officials, commisars, etc. I expect to see noonan in game one. OTOH, Warsofsky's concussion better be completely cleared up for him to risk running into Wade McLeod after the cheap shot warso gave McLeod in the BP last year.
                                OK, this is weird. I'm reading your post, Ryecheers, and see that you said how the hit happened 39 feet in front of you and quoted the post because I was curious as to where you come up with such a random measure - ha! And when I quoted it, it turned to 40. Bizarre.

Anyway, so you think Wade McLeod will end Warsofsky's career? Because if he does that to someone just coming back from a concussion, he could do that. I doubt McLeod is that stupid.

I'm sure the basketball team will win tonight because I have plans on Thursday and them winning and causing Game 1 to be Thursday will make me have to change them. I also heard that there is some rule, whether it be Hockey East one or whatever, that the ice has to be down for a certain amount of time prior to faceoff, which means the game can't be played Saturday night. I could have sworn they've done a basketball/hockey doubleheader at Agganis before. Is it a playoff thing? The basketball game is at noon (if it's played at all) so there's no reason that the game couldn't be played at 8:00pm, is there?

Comment

Working...
                                X