Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 10/23 UVM at Merrimack : Game 1

Originally posted by Salvo1017 View Post
    Actually...the OVERWHELMING majority of Merrimack's scoring has been done by non seniors. Chris Barton - Junior, and Stephane Da Costa (Put up 5 goals in his second collegiate start) a freshman.

I would tend to say that Merrimack is only going to get better when their stellar Freshman class improves. Not to mention they have one of the best goaltenders in Hockey East - Joe Cannata.

To dismiss this team as heading back down to the basement where they belong is outright naive.
    Midge843's comments were directed at the Lowell clowns on the thread not the Merrimack team. UML loves to crash and burn any thread with UVM in it so that is where your confusion came in.
    Last edited by GreenCat; 10-29-2009, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Ah I see...ah lowell. I hear they're purchasing Tsongas arena outright. Should be interesting. I love how my MA tax dollars are going to fund places like the Mullins center and Tsongas

I think overall this should be an interesting year for HE. With Merrimack and Providence looking like they'll actually compete and BC and BU not being what they used to be should shake things up a bit.
      Before there was a band there was "the drum guy"

@SalvucciM

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
        Wow, being dumb is fun!
        Well practice makes perfect.
        New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Maybe we could just wait for the UML v. UVM weekend thread? Or at least move it to this weeks thread.....UVM @ ME
          Originally posted by Hokydad
          Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by GreenCat View Post
            Midge843's comments were directed at the Lowell clowns on the thread not the Merrimack team. UML loves to crash and burn any thread with UVM in it so that is where your confusion came in.
            At least someone knows what's going on. Thanks Greencat

Comment

Originally posted by Cat lover View Post
              Well practice makes perfect.
              Couldn't have said it better myself.

Comment

Originally posted by midge843 View Post
                Couldn't have said it better myself.
                i'll have to defer to you two. you're speaking from years of experience.

Comment

Originally posted by UMLGoon View Post
                  i'll have to defer to you two. you're speaking from years of experience.
                  And the pot called the kettle black,eh "Goon?"

Comment

It'd be nice if we could all just get along, but the lowell fans just have to insert their bitter posts of animosity in every UVM thread just because their season ends in miserable failure every year. Stick to your own threads fellas, and so will we.

Comment

I'm sorry, but unless you're BU, everyone's season last year ended in miserable failure. This isn't NCAA basketball where there are 300 teams everyone just wants to be one of the last four teams standing.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                      -Blackadder
                      "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                      -Casablanca
                      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by midge843 View Post
                        And the pot called the kettle black,eh "Goon?"
                        ah yes, the old "i know you are but what am i?" defense. well done.

Comment

i'd say knocking the puck into your own net for the game winning goal in the frozen four is very much a miserable failure in its own way.
                          “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                          Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                          Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                          National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Working...
                          X