Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Frozen Four ticket location

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
    Undoubtedly the economy has something to do with a decrease in ticket sales, but how much can be attributed to the NCAA failing to remind customers of when tickets go on sale and when is the deadline to order? We used to get a postcard or email from the NCAA reminding us that tickets were going on sale.

Us forum readers/posters get reminders posted here by folks at USCHO, but quite a lot of hockey fans do not read the forum, so maybe they forget? Marketing 101... there is no better/easier customer than a repeat customer... NCAA should advertise their merchandise to their loyal customers.

When they stopped sending reminders for FF ticket sales, the economy was very strong and there was probably no lack of new applicants. Now, probably not so many new applicants. If I were them, I'd start getting back in touch with the old customer base. Best chance of success.

Just some thoughts on the subject.
    Well with UMD and UND in the game tickets seem to be going fast.
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Priority 8 -
      Section 122 Row 13

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
        Couldn't agree more! But the question of ticket demand remains partially indepenent of the tourist appeal factor.

Washington DC hit something of a sweet spot. It was drivable for many, yet also a very attractive April tourist destination. Conversely, Tampa Bay is a remote location from the large majority of the college hockey world. Almost all of those traveling will need to fly. That will cause many to take a year off. Is the tourist appeal of the Tampa/Orlando area so great that it will entirely offset the loss of those taking the one year sabbatical? Time will tell.
        Another interesting data point is Anaheim. It's also an attractive tourist destination that most need to fly to, but the flying doesn't kill a whole day. Also weren't they still doing separate admission on Thursday, so flying on Thursday wasn't an option even flying west and starting out early in the morning?

I'm probably betraying a personal bias here, but I wonder if the venue last year affected the demand this year. Some folks had a less than ideal experience, and some folks who boycotted may have decided they could live without it. I know one thing that motivates me to apply to the next year's lottery is the enjoyment I get from last year's FF.

Comment

With the 2011 FF tickets now in hand and the tournament set to begin in less than two weeks, I thought you might be interested to see the historical record of ticket price inflation for the Frozen Four that has taken place during my attendance run. Here's my annual report:

1976 $13.50 (D. U. Arena, Denver)

1980 $24.00 (Providence Civic Center)
          [This was the 1st time there was a
          price difference between the
          semifinals ($6 each), conso ($5) and
          the championship game ($7) tickets]

1982 $25.00 (Providence Civic Center)
          [semis: $6 each; conso: $5; champ: $8]

1986 $36.00 (Providence Civic Center)

1988 $33.00 (Olympic Center, Lake Placid)

1991 $75.00 (St. Paul Civic Center)

1993 $60.00 (Bradley Center, Milwaukee)

1995 $75.00 (Providence Civic Center)

1996 $69.50 (Cincinnati Riverfront Coliseum)
          [semis: $22 each; champ: $25.50]

1997 $75.00 (Bradley Center, Milwaukee)

1998 $90.00 (FleetCenter, Boston) [semis: $25 each; champ: $40]

1999 $90.00 (Arrowhead Pond, Anaheim) [semis: $27.50 each; champ: $35]

2000 $110.00 (Providence Civic Center) [semis: $35 each; champ: $40

2001 $85.00 (Pepsi Arena, Albany) [semis: $25 each; champ: $35]

2002 $124.50 (Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul)

2003 $120.00 (HSBC Arena, Buffalo)

2004 $135.00 (FleetCenter, Boston)

2005 $147.00 (Shottenstein Center, Columbus)

2006 $150.00 (Bradley Center, Milwaukee)

2007 $155.00 (Scottrade Center, St. Louis)

2008 $164.00 (Pepsi Center, Denver)

2009 $177.00 (Verizon Center, Washington, DC)

2010 $189.00/ (Ford Field, Detroit)
          $170.00/$119.00/$79.00/$40.00

2011 $195.00 (Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul)

2012 ??? (St. Pete Times Forum, Tampa)

Still, everything considered, compared to NC$$ FF roundball (not to mention BC$ oblongball) tickets, it's difficult to claim that we don't enjoy bargain prices for our three-game national championship series.
          Last edited by bruno; 03-29-2011, 10:31 AM.
          LET'S GO BRUNO!

Comment

Originally posted by CLS View Post
            Another interesting data point is Anaheim. It's also an attractive tourist destination that most need to fly to, but the flying doesn't kill a whole day. Also weren't they still doing separate admission on Thursday, so flying on Thursday wasn't an option even flying west and starting out early in the morning?
            I believe you're correct. We went for most of a week back in '99, and had already been in SoCal prior to the gamedays. So the Thursday format wasn't really an issue for our flight. But I think that the separate ticket format was the norm until 2007 in St. Louis.

I'm probably betraying a personal bias here, but I wonder if the venue last year affected the demand this year. Some folks had a less than ideal experience, and some folks who boycotted may have decided they could live without it. I know one thing that motivates me to apply to the next year's lottery is the enjoyment I get from last year's FF.
            No bias here; you're absolutely correct. Or, maybe we just share a bias. Either way, this point is going to get a prominent place in my summary.

Comment

If anyone is interested, I am selling my two tickets to the Frozen Four. They are located in Section 111, Row 20. If interested, give me a shout at hckygal80@aol.com
              "We just didn't get the lucky bounces..."

Comment

Originally posted by Motorboaters View Post
                If anyone is interested, I am selling my two tickets to the Frozen Four. They are located in Section 111, Row 20. If interested, give me a shout at hckygal80@aol.com
                I have sent you an e-mail. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
                  Couldn't agree more! But the question of ticket demand remains partially indepenent of the tourist appeal factor.

Washington DC hit something of a sweet spot. It was drivable for many, yet also a very attractive April tourist destination. Conversely, Tampa Bay is a remote location from the large majority of the college hockey world. Almost all of those traveling will need to fly. That will cause many to take a year off. Is the tourist appeal of the Tampa/Orlando area so great that it will entirely offset the loss of those taking the one year sabbatical? Time will tell.
                  As I sit here looking at yet another snow storm in the northeast, in April no less, the thought of a Frozen Four in Tampa has lots of appeal for me.

Comment

Any idea where the fans of the 4 teams will be placed? More importantly the bands, please tell me Michigan's band is no where near our seats.

Comment

Originally posted by Badgers1 View Post
                      Any idea where the fans of the 4 teams will be placed? More importantly the bands, please tell me Michigan's band is no where near our seats.
                      Fans are in four lower-bowl corner sections (ND's includes 114).

Bands have been in different places for different Frozen Fours. I'm not sure we'll actually know where Xcel puts them until we show up, unless you inquire with one of the participating schools or with the Xcel.
                      Northeastern Huskies Class of 1998 / BS Chemical Engineering
                      Notre Dame Fighting Irish Class of 2011 / PhD Chemical Engineering

But then again, isn't holding forth on an extreme opinion from a position of complete ignorance what these boards are all about? -- from a BigSoccer post by kerrunch

Britney can't sing. At all. She sounds like a cross between a crackhead chipmunk that had more than a couple beers and a drowning cat. -- DHG on the MTV VMAs

Comment

Originally posted by Craig P. View Post
                        Fans are in four lower-bowl corner sections (ND's includes 114).

Bands have been in different places for different Frozen Fours. I'm not sure we'll actually know where Xcel puts them until we show up, unless you inquire with one of the participating schools or with the Xcel.
                        North Dakota is in 106 I believe.

Anyone know approximately how many tickets are "won" through the lottery?
                        North Dakota
                        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Here's your info about the bands...

Originally posted by Frozen Four Manual
                          Each band will be provided 50 seats for its use in Sections 212 or 227 during the game in which its team is competing. Bands will be seated behind each goal (upper level) in accordance with its team bench.
                          North Dakota
                          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by The Freds View Post
                            As I sit here looking at yet another snow storm in the northeast, in April no less, the thought of a Frozen Four in Tampa has lots of appeal for me.
                            Agreed! In Central Ohio we had 1-2 inches of snow back on Wednesday. I believe it was the same storm you're now facing...

Snow on March 30th isn't any sort of record. But it certainly has been a snowier, longer than usual winter .

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                              North Dakota is in 106 I believe.
                              Meaning Michigan and Duluth likely have Sections 119 and 101. If anyone knows which is which, please chime in.

As Craig P. says, these sections are in the corners. They are however, between an endline and one the circles -- as opposed to behind the endlines.

Anyone know approximately how many tickets are "won" through the lottery?
                              Approximately half of the seating capacity.

Comment

Michigan is section 119.

Comment

Working...
                                X