Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MN @ BSU: Wide-eyed Rookies Vs. Grisled Veterans!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MN @ BSU: Wide-eyed Rookies Vs. Grisled Veterans!

Well played series, BSU. You stole a tie last night, we steal a win tonight.

Good luck in the playoffs.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

This series is totally different with a healthy Matt Read.. although I suppose the same could be said about the gophers and their injuries

Anyways, it was truly a fun series to watch. Both nights were very physical.. I hope this turns into a great new rivalry in the WCHA.

I think if Denver wins tonight the Beavs will get Nebraska Omaha in the playoffs... a team that Bemidji State has dominated this season.

Comment

Originally posted by thegreenmachine View Post
        This series is totally different with a healthy Matt Read.. although I suppose the same could be said about the gophers and their injuries

Anyways, it was truly a fun series to watch. Both nights were very physical.. I hope this turns into a great new rivalry in the WCHA.

I think if Denver wins tonight the Beavs will get Nebraska Omaha in the playoffs... a team that Bemidji State has dominated this season.
        I think BSU/MN has the potential to be a good rivalry. Good luck with UNO, it's a good match up, but remember this is playoff time and it would be wise not to underestimate UNO regardless of your past success. IMHO they're going to be tough for anyone to beat.

I honestly haven't been this jacked about an upcoming Gopher post season in at least three seasons (07-08). Tonight was my definition of a "morale" victory for this team after a tough rollercoaster season. They ended on a high note, showed a rare come from behind win and extended their 7 game unbeaten streak into the post season. The Gophers took the game over in the third period, which incidentally has been their worst period all season, controlled play, matched BSU's physicality (hit count was basically even all night), consistently put bodies in front of the net and got the win in OT.

Nice job by Bjug tonight too. He has really developed this season into an impressive offensive beast. He's among the few in recent years (Schroeder) that has come right out of HS and excelled at the D1 level.

I predicted splits throughout this weekend (DU/SCSU, UW/CC, UNO/UMD, UAA/MSUM, MN/BSU...3/5 ) but I never expected UAA to literally maul MSUM in their own house by outscoring them 8-1 in two games! UAA wins the tiebreaker with SCSU and it's Gophers vs. Seawolves next weekend for the first round of the WCHA playoffs. I like it!
        Last edited by HarleyMC; 03-06-2011, 12:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
          If it had to be called something, yes. But it really should have been nothing. Hold on to your stick.
          I don't even think you could claim he intentionally knocked the guy's stick out of his hand. If that was the intent, he probably would've chopped down on it (which is typically called slashing, not interference). If knocking a player's stick out of his hand is going to be called from now on, everybody is going to just have one hand on their sticks and deliberately drop them when an opponent initiates any contact. It'll become just as bad as the embellishment that happens whenever a player is minimally hooked/hit.

Comment

Loved Bjugstad and Hoeffel right on the blue paint. They dominated.
            the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
              Loved Bjugstad and Hoeffel right on the blue paint. They dominated.
              Absolutely. That's a winning strategy the Gophers need to repeat over and over again in the post season.

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
                I think BSU/MN has the potential to be a good rivalry.
                I don't. Only because the BTHC wrecking ball is going to give it an abortion before it has even had time to develop.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                X