Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MN @ BSU: Wide-eyed Rookies Vs. Grisled Veterans!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MN @ BSU: Wide-eyed Rookies Vs. Grisled Veterans!

    Welcome to the Big Boys' Club, Bemidji!

    I liked the way BSU played in the first period or so of Sunday's game against the Sioux, but other than that.......what the heck happened? Many of us thought you were better than that.

    MN is on a hot streak right now, playing to what they look like on paper. I hope it continues.

    Lots of movement in the conference is possible this weekend. MN should lock up home ice. Make it happen.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  • #2
    Re: MN @ BSU: Wide-eyed Rookies Vs. Grisled Veterans!

    The Gophers basically locked up home ice last weekend. Remember the Gophers hold the tiebreaker with CC. The only scenario that may put them on the road is if the Gophers are swept by BSU, CC takes 3 pts. in Madison and SCSU sweeps Denver. There's a snowball's chance in hell of that happening next weekend. The Gophers need only 1 point to seal a 5th place finish.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: MN @ BSU: Wide-eyed Rookies Vs. Grisled Veterans!

      Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      Welcome to the Big Boys' Club, Bemidji!

      I liked the way BSU played in the first period or so of Sunday's game against the Sioux, but other than that.......what the heck happened? Many of us thought you were better than that.

      MN is on a hot streak right now, playing to what they look like on paper. I hope it continues.

      Lots of movement in the conference is possible this weekend. MN should lock up home ice. Make it happen.
      I watched as well and it looks to me like the Beav has only one line that can really do any damage and by the middle or the end of the 2nd period they wear down. Maybe I'm wrong but that's what it looked like on Sunday at least.
      Originally posted by CavalryNate
      Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: MN @ BSU: Wide-eyed Rookies Vs. Grisled Veterans!

        Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
        The Gophers need only 1 point to seal a 5th place finish.
        No. They lead CC by two points. If CC sweeps and MN gets 1 point, MN would finish 6th.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: MN @ BSU: Wide-eyed Rookies Vs. Grisled Veterans!

          Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
          No. They lead CC by two points. If CC sweeps and MN gets 1 point, MN would finish 6th.
          True, although the chance of a CC sweep in Madison is slim.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: MN @ BSU: Wide-eyed Rookies Vs. Grisled Veterans!

            Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
            it looks to me like the Beav has only one line that can really do any damage
            The statement above is pretty accurate.

            The Gophers have seemed to figure things out and are playing probably their best hockey of the season over the last few weeks and at the right time of the season nonetheless.

            BSU has struggled this season in the win loss column. Playing in the WCHA has taught BSU that they can play a great game and still lose. However, don't be fooled by their record. BSU could easily have 10 more points in WCHA games this season as nine games have went into OT. But hey, close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.

            Last home game for BSU seniors and against the Gophers. A tie and a BSU win. Take it to the bank.

            Any fans of the evil empire/the dark side making the trip to BJI?
            sigpic


            Comment


            • #7
              Re: MN @ BSU: Wide-eyed Rookies Vs. Grisled Veterans!

              Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
              True, although the chance of a CC sweep in Madison is slim.
              Given how UW has played of late, I wouldn't be at all surprised if CC took 3 or 4 points in Madison - which would open up the possibility of MN hosting UW in round one if SCSU can swipe some points in Denver.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: MN @ BSU: Wide-eyed Rookies Vs. Grisled Veterans!

                Sounds like we got some Gopher Believers again. Does it continue this weekend or are we being toyed with? Does three points doom the Gophers tourney chances outside of winning the Final Five? Is a sweep the only option of keeping an at-large alive?
                "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

                USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

                Everything is Hill's fault.....

                "Hakstol you hack!!!!"

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: MN @ BSU: Wide-eyed Rookies Vs. Grisled Veterans!

                  Originally posted by gmann View Post

                  BSU has struggled this season in the win loss column. Playing in the WCHA has taught BSU that they can play a great game and still lose. However, don't be fooled by their record. BSU could easily have 10 more points in WCHA games this season as nine games have went into OT. But hey, close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.
                  I agree. I also thought you guys outplayed the Sioux for much of the 1st period Sunday and then lost some steam as the game went on. I think I heard the name George and Read called about every other shift they both can move their feet and the puck really well. I see why they're on the ice all the time, hopefully we can wear you down like the Sioux did.


                  Edit: We need the "cool" Bemidji music video to make a comeback.
                  Last edited by Driftryder; 02-28-2011, 11:26 AM.
                  Originally posted by CavalryNate
                  Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: MN @ BSU: Wide-eyed Rookies Vs. Grisled Veterans!

                    Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
                    Given how UW has played of late, I wouldn't be at all surprised if CC took 3 or 4 points in Madison - which would open up the possibility of MN hosting UW in round one if SCSU can swipe some points in Denver.
                    CC has been as inconsistent as the Gophers this year. I would be shocked if UW doesn't rebound with a least 2-3 points at the Kohl to finish on a high note. SCSU might grab 1 or 2 points out of Denver but that's about it. Should be interesting to see how this all plays out.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: MN @ BSU: Wide-eyed Rookies Vs. Grisled Veterans!

                      Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
                      CC has been as inconsistent as the Gophers this year. I would be shocked if UW doesn't rebound with a least 2-3 points at the Kohl to finish on a high note. SCSU might grab 1 or 2 points out of Denver but that's about it. Should be interesting to see how this all plays out.
                      I wouldn't be surprised to see St. Cloud get out of Denver with the majority of points.
                      DU has been slumping lately as their young goaltender is starting to show his age, and SCSU was picked to finish 1-3 in the league by virtually everyone in the pre-season for a reason. St. Cloud has been dysfunctional as hell this year, but they have some pretty good talent on that team. They have been showcasing it much more over the second half.
                      Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
                      Given how UW has played of late, I wouldn't be at all surprised if CC took 3 or 4 points in Madison - which would open up the possibility of MN hosting UW in round one if SCSU can swipe some points in Denver.
                      I'm really hoping the Gophers draw Wisconsin in the first round - SCSU is a team that scares me right now.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: MN @ BSU: Wide-eyed Rookies Vs. Grisled Veterans!

                        I'm personally going to tape both broadcasts (FSN and Lakeland PTV, which is available on the Minnesota Channel - KTCA Ch. 2.2 over the air in the Twin Cities, plus those on Dish or Direc get Lakeland itself...) to see the difference. Each will favor their respective fan bases, but It will be interesting to see just how different the broadcasts are...
                        Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

                        AHA:
                        B1G: UMinn, UWisc
                        ECAC:
                        HEA: UMass, Notre Dame
                        NCHC: UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                        WCHA: UAH, BSU, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU

                        Inactive: BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: MN @ BSU: Wide-eyed Rookies Vs. Grisled Veterans!

                          BSU is basically a one-line team on both ends. The UND series showed that with lines 2-4 generating one goal. BSU is playing with CHA recruits and it will take a few years to have skilled depth. The coaches, to their credit, have done well with the the current crop of players. MN is starting to peak at the right time and will be an interesting few weeks for your squad. I would rather play Bucky than SCCC in the first round if I were a Gopher fan.

                          MN won't have an easy time in Bemidji, but wouldn't be shocked with a Gopher sweep, but I hope for a split.
                          Fear the Green

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: MN @ BSU: Wide-eyed Rookies Vs. Grisled Veterans!

                            Originally posted by moose97 View Post
                            I'm personally going to tape both broadcasts (FSN and Lakeland PTV, which is available on the Minnesota Channel - KTCA Ch. 2.2 over the air in the Twin Cities, plus those on Dish or Direc get Lakeland itself...) to see the difference. Each will favor their respective fan bases, but It will be interesting to see just how different the broadcasts are...
                            I'm going to watch Lakeland just so I don't have to hear LaPanta and whoever they find to broadcast with him, most of those guys can't put together a sentence.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: MN @ BSU: Wide-eyed Rookies Vs. Grisled Veterans!

                              Gophers are playing good Hockey and if they can find a way to put together 3 periods instead of 2 they should get at least 3 points this weekend! They have been hot with Jay out of the lineup, it should be interesting to see the line combos this weekend. Bjugstad, Hoeffel and Jay that would and should be a Dominate line! But line two what would you do? I am thinking Cepis, Hanson, Haula! Line 3 Larson, Condon, Matson, Line 4 White, Serratore, Nico! I think thats how I would roll, defense I think we need to get Holl back in there, but I would really like to Schmidt in there some where he has a rocket of a shot hes a big kid that needs to become more physical, watching him in Fargo I could not wait to see him in a Gopher uniform, which we have not witnessed to much this year.

                              Gophers Sweep!
                              4-2 Friday
                              5-2 Saturday
                              Bjugstad gets his first hatrick this weekend, good luck to the boys!

                              Go Gophers

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X