• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laker Dude
    replied
    Re: #11 Bowling Green vs. #6 NMU- CCHA First Round Playoffs

Originally posted by Yager View Post
    So I take it no one is doing a game thread or even watching the game, eh?
    I saw that somebody just started a game thread. I am just listening to the NMU radio feed.

Leave a comment:

• Yager
    replied

So I take it no one is doing a game thread or even watching the game, eh?

Leave a comment:

• Laker Dude
    replied

Originally posted by Yager View Post
    The entire UP lacks hockey compared to what it should be. Very dissapointing. Especially in Houghton and Marquette. Any way, the reason I am here... this is probably a long shot but is there any sort of free or tv feed of this game?
    No, the only video feed of the game is on the American One network which costs 7 or 8 dollars: http://www.b2tv.com/partner_members.asp?id=17

Leave a comment:

• Yager
    replied

Originally posted by NMU8405 View Post
    Agree 100% with Marquette not being as big as a hockey town as they like to boast.
    The entire UP lacks hockey compared to what it should be. Very dissapointing. Especially in Houghton and Marquette. Any way, the reason I am here... this is probably a long shot but is there any sort of free or tv feed of this game?

Leave a comment:

• NMU8405
    replied

Originally posted by NMUFAN View Post
    Many people complain about the ticket prices at NMU games. What I try to tell them is that actually NMU's prices are a bargain compared to many D-1 hockey schools.

Or else they'll complain about the Berry's seating and pine for the days at Lakeview. Then again, there was a junior team recently that they could support at Lakeview and consume as much alcohol as they wanted. But they couldn't give away tickets to Ranger games either. Fact is, Marquette just isn't as great a hockey supporting town as they like to think.
    Agree 100% with Marquette not being as big as a hockey town as they like to boast. The CCHA sets the prices for the playoff series, but its on par for regular season games with the public. Nobody shows up to the Berry, even if the team is really good, like last season. The Rangers had attendance issues, NMU basketball is just horrible in terms of attendance, and NMU football...well you should have seen the number of people in the seats when Buddy was the QB. Marquette is just not a sports town at all.

Leave a comment:

• NMUFAN
    replied

By the way, I believe the last team to end Northern's season at home was BGSU in March of 2001.

Deja vu? I hope not.

GO CATS!!!

Leave a comment:

• NMUFAN
    replied

Originally posted by aparch View Post
    What sucks is that even if this team was undefeated, there would still be the same amount of locals in the crowd. I know the NMU budget is tight, that the hockey program is still using the same budget from 2002, but there isn't any promotion of this team throughout the community unless you: a) know the team exists already and b) know of where to find information about the team.

At least some NMU alums who care about the sport are working for the Mining Journal, but their hands are tied for what they can do too.

Many people complain about the ticket prices at NMU games. What I try to tell them is that actually NMU's prices are a bargain compared to many D-1 hockey schools.

Or else they'll complain about the Berry's seating and pine for the days at Lakeview. Then again, there was a junior team recently that they could support at Lakeview and consume as much alcohol as they wanted. But they couldn't give away tickets to Ranger games either. Fact is, Marquette just isn't as great a hockey supporting town as they like to think.
    Last edited by NMUFAN; 03-06-2011, 12:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• aparch
    replied

What sucks is that even if this team was undefeated, there would still be the same amount of locals in the crowd. I know the NMU budget is tight, that the hockey program is still using the same budget from 2002, but there isn't any promotion of this team throughout the community unless you: a) know the team exists already and b) know of where to find information about the team.

At least some NMU alums who care about the sport are working for the Mining Journal, but their hands are tied for what they can do too.

Leave a comment:

• NMU8405
    replied

Well, when you play 100+ minutes of uninspired hockey, this is what happens.

Just to point out, after just about every shift, Walt had some words for Hanson on the bench. In my history of playing hockey, when a head coach has to talk to you on the bench after a shift, its normally not a good thing.

Also would love to thank the community of Marquette for support the Wildcats on their last home weekend of the season. Its lovely to see all those green plastic faces in the crowd. Oh wait, those are empty seats.

Leave a comment:

• mwellens
    replied

All was not lost for NMU on Saturday night. Add another Yooper to the incoming class of 2013, maybe 2014.

http://www.miningjournal.net/page/co....html?nav=5075

Also, here are my Friday and Saturday night postgame videos. Another coming on Sunday ... so much for a day off.

Leave a comment:

• NMUFAN21
    replied

I didn't get a chance to see the game, but did they play the 3rd and 4th line heavily after the 1st period. Also how did the defensive pairs look.

Leave a comment:

• NMUFAN
    replied

A decent win but need to be much sharper defensively going forward. A performance like that vs Miami and it would be an ugly loss.

But first things first. Come out strong tonite and finish off the Falcons. Don't let them hang around for a third game.

Leave a comment:

• NMUFAN
    replied

The Cats need to snap their 4 game home losing streak. A fast start would help.

Too bad about Solway. He was one of the guys I was worried about Northern containing.

I expect a sparse crowd this weekend. Hopefully all of us that are there will make plenty of noise.

GO CATS!!!

Leave a comment:

• spiehler
    replied

BG will not have the services of Solway and Ruel. http://www.sent-trib.com/bgsu-sports...r-nmu-03-02-11 Solway doesn't have very many points (but who does? Solway: 5-10-15; leading scorer: 8-10-18) but he works hard. And plays dirty.

BG's defense has improved over the course of the season, but the offense has not. Need more goals!

Leave a comment:

• aparch
    replied

*Bump*

Not sure if the hastily assembled pep-band will be there tonight. There was a call last night to alumni who may know anyone in the current pep-band and for them to get in touch with the Hockey office by this morning to set things up.

Stupid spring break, hopefully the locals show up this weekend to give some support to this team.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X