SCSU @ DU: Playoff Seeding Shuffle Weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SCSU @ DU: Playoff Seeding Shuffle Weekend

Skeet's, does Dunn get the call tonight?
    There is Hope . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Husckey Domi Nation View Post
      And Gwoz will start senior goalie Josh Rosenholtz in the net this Saturday on Senior Night in Denver, correct?
      No. Rosenholtz will dress but will not likely play. He's a third-string goalie who was on the DU club team last season and got on the DU team this year when the other third goalie, Lars Palgaard, hung up the skates when he wasn't going to get playing time behind Brittain and Murray this season. DU has two other seniors, Joe Brehm and Jon Cook, who are also likely to dress but not see game action tonight.

Honoring the seniors is nice, but not all of them are good enough to play on this team in the stretch drive.

Comment

Originally posted by The Vicar View Post
        Skeet's, does Dunn get the call tonight?
        He should, otherwise, I think the pie on ears will solve Lee--- shoot over his shoulder and you can't miss.
        Bob is making me concerned
        I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
          He should, otherwise, I think the pie on ears will solve Lee--- shoot over his shoulder and you can't miss.
          Just like Dunn's five-hole.
          Or any one handed shot from along the wall.
          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
          Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
          Grandma ~ Jan 2004
          Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
          Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
            Careful what you wish for. While I'd rather have them play there than anywhere else they might play (Duluth, Omaha or Colorado Springs), last time we asked for a series at Mariucci, everyone was picking us to win it and we lose in two nights.
            I'm not saying we'd kick the Gophers' tails. I'm just saying it would be fun.
            St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
              I'm not saying we'd kick the Gophers' tails. I'm just saying it would be fun.
              Disagreeing with the honorable Lady, I like our chances more there than at CC, so its where I wanna end up, I just don't want everybody in the world on our bandwagon like last time. Let's lay low in the weeds and hope nobody sees us....
              tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
                No. Rosenholtz will dress but will not likely play. He's a third-string goalie who was on the DU club team last season and got on the DU team this year when the other third goalie, Lars Palgaard, hung up the skates when he wasn't going to get playing time behind Brittain and Murray this season. DU has two other seniors, Joe Brehm and Jon Cook, who are also likely to dress but not see game action tonight.

Honoring the seniors is nice, but not all of them are good enough to play on this team in the stretch drive.
                Motzko played Rioux last weekend and he had only played in one game this year and one last year.To make make it even more amazing he had not played defense in either of last two games.
                I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

So then I'm assuming Murray is between the pipes?
                  tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Last I heard Sam was starting again.
                    University of Denver Class of 2010; Daniels College of Business International MBA Class of 2011
                    Henley Business School 2014 Intake- MSc in Business & Management Research/Doctor of Business Administration

DU Grilling Society

"52 years isn't a slump, it's a tradition" -dubbie31

Comment

• Re: SCSU @ DU: Playoff Seeding Shuffle Weekend

Brittain in goal
                      DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

• Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                        Motzko played Rioux last weekend and he had only played in one game this year and one last year.To make make it even more amazing he had not played defense in either of last two games.
                        I thought rioux played well. I would rather he play than number 4.
                        Originally posted by SJHovey
                        Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                        Originally posted by Brenthoven
                        We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Disagreeing with the honorable Lady, I like our chances more there than at CC, so its where I wanna end up, I just don't want everybody in the world on our bandwagon like last time. Let's lay low in the weeds and hope nobody sees us....
                          How dare you disagree with me?! I do agree with you, though, about the bandwagons.
                          Originally posted by Skeeterman
                          Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                          "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                            Just like Dunn's five-hole.
                            Or any one handed shot from along the wall.
                            Lyons says Lee let's in a softie, but this time it didn't go over his shoulder.
                            Bob is making me concerned
                            I am the voice of reason

Comment

Hat's off to the Cloudies. They played hard and smart all weekend. They can leave Denver with their heads high. I think whover they play UM or UMD they have a good shot at making it the the five. Good luck!
                              Go Pioneers!

Comment

Great weekend series. Both teams played with playoff intensity and the 5 goals each team scored this weekend shows how dead even it was.

Comment

Working...
                                X