Boston University vs Northeastern 3/4 and 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University vs Northeastern 3/4 and 5

Northeastern fans, I could kiss you right now.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Funny how it works...

Plenty of bad calls both ways, plenty of stupid penalties taken, plenty of lucky or unlucky bounces and in the end the team that deserved to win wins anyway... Almost always seems to be the case.
      Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
        Funny how it works...

Plenty of bad calls both ways, plenty of stupid penalties taken, plenty of lucky or unlucky bounces and in the end the team that deserved to win wins anyway... Almost always seems to be the case.
        I have to say.. after the atrocious penalty calling in the 1st.. i am surprised NU had the heart.. (kudos to them), to come back & seal this. Parker's refs.. (er HE officials), tried their best to deliver.. the home team did not take advantage.

Started again in the 3rd.. (atrocious offsides calls on NU), when there were none.. you guys got 1 goal out of it. To NU.. skate with discipline.. skate 5x5.. you can beat this.

To BU.. nice to see a fairly packed house and nice atmosphere & crowd noise tonight.. even if silenced in the wee bit. See you soon, hoping for a great series.
        GO NU HOCKEY
        Always bullish on the future.
        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
          Parker's refs.. (er HE officials), tried their best to deliver..
          Except the part where they missed a very callable interference penalty and the non-call pretty close to directly resulted in an NU goal. I'm not saying it was necessarily something you absolutely had to call but... if the refs were working for Parker... they would have given him that one.
          Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

Comment

I'd much rather play Witt.
            Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
            Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

Originally posted by SkinsFan09 View Post
              Apparently yelling his name repeatedly didn't actually make him a worse goaltender... sad.
              Let's go Terriers!

Comment

Apparently yelling his name repeatedly didn't actually make him a worse goaltender... sad.
                Let's go Terriers!

Comment

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
                  second period, they announced the student suite winners as the jeopardy champions seated above 108 and Witt. would've been a perfect time for a wit-no wit point cheer between the jeopardy champion and witt.
                  time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
                    second period, they announced the student suite winners as the jeopardy champions seated above 108 and Witt. would've been a perfect time for a wit-no wit point cheer between the jeopardy champion and witt.
                    Too witty.
                    Let's go Terriers!

Comment

Parker's refs.. (er HE officials), tried their best to deliver.. the home team did not take advantage.

Started again in the 3rd.. (atrocious offsides calls on NU), when there were none.. you guys got 1 goal out of it.
                      Please say you are kidding.... you saw a very different game than I did regarding the officiating! NU got away with plenty. I am not saying the officiating was pro-NU but it certainly wasn't pro-BU.
                      Last edited by Tater; 03-06-2011, 06:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
                        Please say you are kidding.... you saw a very different game than I did regarding the officiating! NU got away with plenty. I am not saying the officiating was pro-NU but it certainly wasn't pro-BU.
                        That's what makes our nefarious plan a brilliant nefarious plan: Not only do we have the officials and the league in our pocket, we also know to REALLY SUCK half the time, just to keep people on their toes. It doesn't do any good to pay off all these people just to go 25-5-0 every year and have people start asking questions.
                        Bugs Bunny - 96
                        Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

I have to say.. after the atrocious penalty calling in the 1st.. i am surprised NU had the heart.. (kudos to them), to come back & seal this. Parker's refs.. (er HE officials), tried their best to deliver.. the home team did not take advantage.

Started again in the 3rd.. (atrocious offsides calls on NU), when there were none.. you guys got 1 goal out of it. To NU.. skate with discipline.. skate 5x5.. you can beat this.

To BU.. nice to see a fairly packed house and nice atmosphere & crowd noise tonight.. even if silenced in the wee bit. See you soon, hoping for a great series.
                          Just stop with the ref whining. It's a rookie move.

Too bad Wit didn't go to UNH. "White out at the Whit with Wit."
                          It Happened!!!!

Comment

I don't even bother arguing over refereeing. You play through it whether or not you're getting hosed like the 2002 Blazers in Game 6 of the Western Conference Finals. Clay Witt saved the game for Northeastern who spent the first two periods taking penalties and playing lackadaisical offensively. It was actually exhausting to watch a few possessions.

The difference between December and last night was remarkable. December, BU just schooled NU on every odd man rush they had. NU's freshman D core have really come a long way since then.
                            Northeastern Huskies

Comment

I don't even bother arguing over refereeing. You play through it whether or not you're getting hosed like the 2002 Blazers in Game 6 of the Western Conference Finals.
                              You sure it wasn't the Kings?

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                You sure it wasn't the Kings?
                                Yeah that's who I meant. I'm senile at age 20...ugh...
                                Northeastern Huskies

Comment

Working...
                                X