• Show
Clear All

• aparch
    replied
    Re: Michigan vs. NMU February 25-26

Apparently it was a slow news day in Ann Arbor this week:
    http://annarbor.com/sports/michigan-...rom-strangers/

Really? This deserved even MORE digital ink wasted?*

He's getting dirty looks because of the team he plays for. Not for who he is.

Note to Scooter: Next time, how about you just play up the Michigan arrogance angle and tweet that we were all awestruck by your CCHA Tournament ring from the Joe, or something along those lines.

*The irony is noted that I used up half of the same digital print space to complain about the lack of story drummed up by the lazy writer at AnnArbor.com.

Leave a comment:

• streaker
    replied

Originally posted by M-HockeyNet View Post
    Here's a Tweet from Scooter on Jan. 17: "You think coaches would give a brother a day off for MLK day"

And Jan. 25: "6 more days until #blackhistory month, Why'd they give us the shortest month too? b*stards"

OMG, Scooter can joke about race. Someone call Red and tell on him!!

What kind of hockey name is Scooter, anyway?
    ROFL. Then he gets an assist on Rust's goal. Karma.

Leave a comment:

• KC8NIY
    replied

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
    Here is a Tweet posted by Michigan's #3 Scooter Vaughan this weekend.

"Getting some pretty funny looks in Marquette, MI when people see a black guy roll up with the @Michigan_Hockey crew, segregation is over"

Interesting...
    Careful, your man crush is showing.

Leave a comment:

• davyd83
    replied

Here's a Tweet from Scooter on Jan. 17: "You think coaches would give a brother a day off for MLK day"

And Jan. 25: "6 more days until #blackhistory month, Why'd they give us the shortest month too? ********"

OMG, someone call Red and tell on him!!

I made that same "hockey name" comment on the air on Saturday and a Michigan Fan watching the B2 called the radio station and complained. Said I sounded "biased." He77 yeah I'm biased!!! Poor Michigan.

Leave a comment:

• M-HockeyNet
    replied

"Getting some pretty funny looks in Marquette, MI when people see a black guy roll up with the @Michigan_Hockey crew, segregation is over"

Interesting...

And Jan. 25: "6 more days until #blackhistory month, Why'd they give us the shortest month too? b*stards"

OMG, Scooter can joke about race. Someone call Red and tell on him!!

Last edited by M-HockeyNet; 02-28-2011, 11:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• davyd83
    replied

Interesting...

Leave a comment:

• streaker
    replied

Originally posted by SECTION12 View Post
    The problem is, it is not unusual for a call to be made just because a player is injured. UM fans of all people see this often.
    Congratulations, you just took the "whine about U-M fans" award away from the UNO contingent. Poor abused fanbase gets no CCHA respect, right?

Leave a comment:

• streaker
    replied

And if it happened at Yost, the NMU player would have been drawn and quartered, in addition to the five minute major!
    I doubt it. Happened to Chris Brown two weeks ago against OSU and that was let go. A Wilkins special, since he ran Brown a few minutes later for a HFB.

Leave a comment:

• RaceBoarder
    replied

All in all, it sounds like yesterday was a moral victory for the Cats... Hopefully they can build on it and take points tonight...

Leave a comment:

• Wildpantswilly
    replied

This may be the first time I have ever said this, but it was a well officiated game. They let them play while keeping the game under control.

And the no call on Caprusso, as said above, was because there was no foul. He skated into the defensive zone with his head down and paid for it.....and then whined about it on his way to the bench.

The Cats' played very well last night, a little bit of goal-tending and some luck and it would have been a win...there were three pucks that got behind Hunwick and didn't find twine, along with a missed tip by Hanson at the end with an open net, and a crossbar...but that's the game. It was one of the best I have watched this year.

GO CATS

Leave a comment:

• NoClu
    replied

Originally posted by MOJO View Post
    Aparch, I guess they don't expect much from NMU in the postseason. At the time they visited with The Cup, we weren't exactly lighting it up. They also mentioned that, yes indeed, there aint no party like an NMU party in Motown!!! It goes without saying that the bar tab would be significantly lessened without our presence.
    Isn't that the truth!

UNO - NMU - UNO - NMU

Go Cats!

Leave a comment:

• davyd83
    replied

Originally posted by streaker View Post
    I saw it. My comments were also dripping in obvious sarcasm. If the skate was on the other foot, Cats fans would have been howling.
    And if it happened at Yost, the NMU player would have been drawn and quartered, in addition to the five minute major!

Leave a comment:

• SECTION12
    replied

Originally posted by streaker View Post
    I saw it. My comments were also dripping in obvious sarcasm. If the skate was on the other foot, Cats fans would have been howling.
    The problem is, it is not unusual for a call to be made just because a player is injured. UM fans of all people see this often.

Leave a comment:

• streaker
    replied

Yes, always a bias. After all, NMU only got five power plays last night to Michigan's three. That's totally unfair to NMU! Someone standing near me on the concourse kept extending his arms and screaming out "WHAT WAS THAT?!?!" every time an icing to called off because Michigan raced to the face off dot first then proceeded to complain that the puck was dumped from behind center ice (I don't think he was aware of the new icing rule). Same thing it seemed like any time Michigan touched an NMU player he would be yelling. Pateryn had a nice hip check at center ice on an NMU player skating up with the puck and he'd be screaming more. The game was entertaining enough. Watching this guy was the icing on the cake
    I know.... funny how the NCAA's 3rd worst team in PIM's ends up with more PP's. Bias, I tell ya. Michigan PP vs. NMU PK is like futile vs. more futile. Could be the difference tonight.

Leave a comment:

• streaker
    replied

If you saw the contact with Caporusso, the reason the was a non call, was because no foul occurred.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X