Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan vs. NMU February 25-26

Originally posted by NMUFAN21 View Post
    they couldn't even make a correct icing call.
    How so? It's not automatic icing anymore, ya know?
    Michigan Hockey Net
    Follow MHNet on Twitter

NMUKat82 to my dog Cinnamon: Will you stop eyeballing my crotch like you're expecting something tasty to come out???

NMU Hockey: No Focke. No Scharge. The curse has been lifted and the turnaround begins!

"'Tech' means nerd, and nerds suck at sports." - Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by M-HockeyNet View Post
      How so? It's not automatic icing anymore, ya know?
      Well, because there is that CCHA bias against NMU, especially if it is U-M or MSU. I also think that the Cats had plenty of help from the officiating, setting up the final 2 minutes of the game, and making a controversial no call on a kneeing that occurred to one of Michigan's top players.

Comment

Originally posted by NMUFAN21 View Post
        Rough but also good night for the cats, they really proved they could keep up with top teams, especially with no help from the refs, they couldn't even make a correct icing call.

Also Ferris won and Western lost, so now the best case scenario is WMU loses tomorrow and we win, we would then go to Ferris with a first round bye.
        That was, without a doubt, the best officiated game we've seen this year. Calls and non-calls were consistent and equal on both sides. Neither side gained an edge from the guys in stripes.
        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
          Well, because there is that CCHA bias against NMU, especially if it is U-M or MSU. I also think that the Cats had plenty of help from the officiating, setting up the final 2 minutes of the game, and making a controversial no call on a kneeing that occurred to one of Michigan's top players.
          Yes, always a bias. After all, NMU only got five power plays last night to Michigan's three. That's totally unfair to NMU! Someone standing near me on the concourse kept extending his arms and screaming out "WHAT WAS THAT?!?!" every time an icing to called off because Michigan raced to the face off dot first then proceeded to complain that the puck was dumped from behind center ice (I don't think he was aware of the new icing rule). Same thing it seemed like any time Michigan touched an NMU player he would be yelling. Pateryn had a nice hip check at center ice on an NMU player skating up with the puck and he'd be screaming more. The game was entertaining enough. Watching this guy was the icing on the cake

It was a good hard fought game last night. Both teams had their chances. Hunwick came up huge for Michigan, especially early on during NMU's first two power plays. If he had played like he did against Western, I don't think the Wolverines win last night.
          Michigan Hockey Net
          Follow MHNet on Twitter

NMUKat82 to my dog Cinnamon: Will you stop eyeballing my crotch like you're expecting something tasty to come out???

NMU Hockey: No Focke. No Scharge. The curse has been lifted and the turnaround begins!

"'Tech' means nerd, and nerds suck at sports." - Stephen Colbert

Comment

I'm not saying they were terrible, I just feel there could have been more calls both ways. About the icing, Northern dumped the puck 2 times after they past center ice and they whistled it down, also there were times where no one was near it and they didn't blow it down for both teams. Looking back now they did do an overall good job.
            Last edited by NMUFAN21; 02-26-2011, 09:00 AM.
            NMU

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
              That was, without a doubt, the best officiated game we've seen this year. Calls and non-calls were consistent and equal on both sides. Neither side gained an edge from the guys in stripes.
              I agree.

I'm thankful we didn't have the WMU-Notre Dame crew-Wilkins AND Mcinchak.

Comment

If you saw the contact with Caporusso, the reason the was a non call, was because no foul occurred.
                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by NMUFAN View Post
                  I agree.

I'm thankful we didn't have the WMU-Notre Dame crew-Wilkins AND Mcinchak.
                  The last time we saw McInchak was at Western and he did a pretty good job. I thought Wilkins was not good at NMU in the LSSU series.

Comment

From where I was Hanson's hit looked good/clean, Louie just happened to get hurt.
                    NMU

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                      If you saw the contact with Caporusso, the reason the was a non call, was because no foul occurred.
                      I saw it. My comments were also dripping in obvious sarcasm. If the skate was on the other foot, Cats fans would have been howling.

Comment

Originally posted by M-HockeyNet View Post
                        Yes, always a bias. After all, NMU only got five power plays last night to Michigan's three. That's totally unfair to NMU! Someone standing near me on the concourse kept extending his arms and screaming out "WHAT WAS THAT?!?!" every time an icing to called off because Michigan raced to the face off dot first then proceeded to complain that the puck was dumped from behind center ice (I don't think he was aware of the new icing rule). Same thing it seemed like any time Michigan touched an NMU player he would be yelling. Pateryn had a nice hip check at center ice on an NMU player skating up with the puck and he'd be screaming more. The game was entertaining enough. Watching this guy was the icing on the cake
                        I know.... funny how the NCAA's 3rd worst team in PIM's ends up with more PP's. Bias, I tell ya. Michigan PP vs. NMU PK is like futile vs. more futile. Could be the difference tonight.

Comment

I saw it. My comments were also dripping in obvious sarcasm. If the skate was on the other foot, Cats fans would have been howling.
                          The problem is, it is not unusual for a call to be made just because a player is injured. UM fans of all people see this often.
                          I saw sparks ... and I knew that wasn't good.

Comment

And if it happened at Yost, the NMU player would have been drawn and quartered, in addition to the five minute major!

Comment

Originally posted by MOJO View Post
                              Aparch, I guess they don't expect much from NMU in the postseason. At the time they visited with The Cup, we weren't exactly lighting it up. They also mentioned that, yes indeed, there aint no party like an NMU party in Motown!!! It goes without saying that the bar tab would be significantly lessened without our presence.
                              Isn't that the truth!

UNO - NMU - UNO - NMU

Go Cats!

Comment

This may be the first time I have ever said this, but it was a well officiated game. They let them play while keeping the game under control.

And the no call on Caprusso, as said above, was because there was no foul. He skated into the defensive zone with his head down and paid for it.....and then whined about it on his way to the bench.

The Cats' played very well last night, a little bit of goal-tending and some luck and it would have been a win...there were three pucks that got behind Hunwick and didn't find twine, along with a missed tip by Hanson at the end with an open net, and a crossbar...but that's the game. It was one of the best I have watched this year.

GO CATS
                                Wildcat Hockey!

B.S. NMU 11'
                                M.B.A. Marquette University 13'

Comment

Working...
                                X