X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NMUFAN21
    replied
    Re: Michigan vs. NMU February 25-26

From where I was Hanson's hit looked good/clean, Louie just happened to get hurt.

Leave a comment:

• davyd83
    replied

Originally posted by NMUFAN View Post
    I agree.

I'm thankful we didn't have the WMU-Notre Dame crew-Wilkins AND Mcinchak.
    The last time we saw McInchak was at Western and he did a pretty good job. I thought Wilkins was not good at NMU in the LSSU series.

Leave a comment:

• davyd83
    replied

Originally posted by streaker View Post
    Well, because there is that CCHA bias against NMU, especially if it is U-M or MSU. I also think that the Cats had plenty of help from the officiating, setting up the final 2 minutes of the game, and making a controversial no call on a kneeing that occurred to one of Michigan's top players.
    If you saw the contact with Caporusso, the reason the was a non call, was because no foul occurred.

Leave a comment:

• NMUFAN
    replied

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
    That was, without a doubt, the best officiated game we've seen this year. Calls and non-calls were consistent and equal on both sides. Neither side gained an edge from the guys in stripes.
    I agree.

I'm thankful we didn't have the WMU-Notre Dame crew-Wilkins AND Mcinchak.

Leave a comment:

• NMUFAN21
    replied

I'm not saying they were terrible, I just feel there could have been more calls both ways. About the icing, Northern dumped the puck 2 times after they past center ice and they whistled it down, also there were times where no one was near it and they didn't blow it down for both teams. Looking back now they did do an overall good job.
    Last edited by NMUFAN21; 02-26-2011, 09:00 AM.

Leave a comment:

• M-HockeyNet
    replied

Originally posted by streaker View Post
    Well, because there is that CCHA bias against NMU, especially if it is U-M or MSU. I also think that the Cats had plenty of help from the officiating, setting up the final 2 minutes of the game, and making a controversial no call on a kneeing that occurred to one of Michigan's top players.
    Yes, always a bias. After all, NMU only got five power plays last night to Michigan's three. That's totally unfair to NMU! Someone standing near me on the concourse kept extending his arms and screaming out "WHAT WAS THAT?!?!" every time an icing to called off because Michigan raced to the face off dot first then proceeded to complain that the puck was dumped from behind center ice (I don't think he was aware of the new icing rule). Same thing it seemed like any time Michigan touched an NMU player he would be yelling. Pateryn had a nice hip check at center ice on an NMU player skating up with the puck and he'd be screaming more. The game was entertaining enough. Watching this guy was the icing on the cake

It was a good hard fought game last night. Both teams had their chances. Hunwick came up huge for Michigan, especially early on during NMU's first two power plays. If he had played like he did against Western, I don't think the Wolverines win last night.

Leave a comment:

• davyd83
    replied

Originally posted by NMUFAN21 View Post
    Rough but also good night for the cats, they really proved they could keep up with top teams, especially with no help from the refs, they couldn't even make a correct icing call.

Also Ferris won and Western lost, so now the best case scenario is WMU loses tomorrow and we win, we would then go to Ferris with a first round bye.
    That was, without a doubt, the best officiated game we've seen this year. Calls and non-calls were consistent and equal on both sides. Neither side gained an edge from the guys in stripes.

Leave a comment:

• streaker
    replied

Originally posted by M-HockeyNet View Post
    How so? It's not automatic icing anymore, ya know?

Leave a comment:

• M-HockeyNet
    replied

they couldn't even make a correct icing call.
    How so? It's not automatic icing anymore, ya know?

Leave a comment:

• NMUFAN21
    replied

Rough but also good night for the cats, they really proved they could keep up with top teams, especially with no help from the refs, they couldn't even make a correct icing call.

Also Ferris won and Western lost, so now the best case scenario is WMU loses tomorrow and we win, we would then go to Ferris with a first round bye.

Leave a comment:

• davyd83
    replied

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
    Well, Ferris took 2 points from the Bucknuts tonight... That means to secure a bye the Cats MUST get at least a point this weekend... Probably going to need more however...
    The Cats would have needed points no matter what happened in the Ferris/ Ohio State series. If OSU had swept, NMU would've need at least 2. If Ohio State got 5 out of 6, NMU would have needed points to pass both Ferris and OSU.

Here is the current scario. Michigan and Notre Dame will be 1 & 2. Miami will be 3. Ferris, NMU and Western will either be at home or have a bye next week. MSU and Bowling Green will be on the road. Alaska, LSSU and Ohio State are in a race for the final two home berths.
    Last edited by davyd83; 02-25-2011, 02:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• klbaum1077
    replied

I realize they didn't have a perfect season, but there no where close to even being out of it yet. If I'm right the 07-08 team was very similar to this years bunch (young and talented), and we ended up at the Joe and almost NCAA's. Hopefully we can repeat that this year.
    The one thing if i remember right that team had that this team doesnt was a stopper in stewart in net. Im a buckeye fan and he was outstanding in game 2 and 3 of that series leading them to the come back victory. Then he was even better the next week in the 3 game victory at msu. Oh yea having Olver doesnt hurt either lol. good luck this weekend had ohio state got the 3 last night it would have been tough for me to say that considering ohio state could have passed you guys with a sweep and you guys getting 1pt or less.

Leave a comment:

• NMUFAN21
    replied

I realize they didn't have a perfect season, but there no where close to even being out of it yet. If I'm right the 07-08 team was very similar to this years bunch (young and talented), and we ended up at the Joe and almost NCAA's. Hopefully we can repeat that this year.

Leave a comment:

• MOJO
    replied

Aparch, I guess they don't expect much from NMU in the postseason. At the time they visited with The Cup, we weren't exactly lighting it up. They also mentioned that, yes indeed, there aint no party like an NMU party in Motown!!! It goes without saying that the bar tab would be significantly lessened without our presence.

Leave a comment:

• RaceBoarder
    replied

Originally posted by aparch View Post
    ... Why does Tom Anastos hate us?
    Cause the tab for the CCHA party triples when us Yoopers show up

Leave a comment:

Working...
X