Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Princeton & Quinnipiac @ RPI & Union (2/25, 2/26)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Princeton & Quinnipiac @ RPI & Union (2/25, 2/26)

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
    Watch out for Quinnipiac as well, They were quite chippy in their loss to Yale and really manhandled them in the first period. Obviously Yale outskated and outpassed the checking, but they physically can and will take a team off of their game if given the opportunity.
    I believe they took both RPI and Union to overtime at TD. Union squeaked out the win, while RPI took the tie. I'm sure Union will be ready for them; we're focused on Princeton first.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
      With York seemingly back in the groove and Bergin (possibly) making his reappearance, RPI should be favored to win both games.

If they do, and if Yale takes care of Cornell at the Whale, RPI will finish in the top four.

I'm not going to worry about the other possibilities right now, but I do know that finishing lower than sixth is not one of the possibilities.
      I remember back in early January someone saying that RPI should be favored in all but one or two of the remaining games. Yale was one exception mentioned and they won that one. As anyone paying attention in this league the past decade or so can attest, being dubbed a favorite in any particular ECAC game means virtually nothing. This league generates more "upsets" than Saratoga.

Most seasons we see one or two teams stay healthy, play consistently well and rise to the top. There are usually a couple of teams that sink quickly to the bottom of the standings and stay in there. The middle seven or eight usually jockey for position all season and spots three through seven or eight are in flux until the last regular season game is decided.

Bring your A game, work like hell in the corners and get good goaltending and you will probably succeed. Fail to do any of that on any given night and you will probably lose.

This team seems to have gotten its grind-it-out attitude back, along with some injured players, so if they are ready to play Friday night, this could be fun.

Let's Go Red!

Comment

If you are going to Troy for the Saturday games, don't stay in Sch'dy. Drive about 15-20 minutes east on Route 7 and you will find a slew of hotels near the Northway (I-87). There are Hamptons, Holiday Inns, and independents all over the place.

If you do stay in Sch'dy. Try Katie O'Byrnes or clinton's Ditch on Erie Blvd for after-game libations and good pub food.
        Last edited by Jasma; 02-23-2011, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Yale wants to win out to keep a number one seed in the NCAA Tourney. they have a lot to play for.

Comment

Yale hates Cornell, last regular season home game, senior night, win streak against Cornell to protect, keep number one seed in pairwise, believe me they will be motivated. I also really don't think there is a switch you can turn off with these guys.
            I hope you are right. I have a question for you. While I enjoy your posts here and your insight, why the RPI thread?
            We don't get too many fans from other schools posting regularly on this thread. Is there some hidden RPI alliance in your past?
            Please don't take this as a negative, just curious.
            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
            Benjamin Franklin
            The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
            Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by Jasma View Post
              Yale wants to win out to keep a number one seed in the NCAA Tourney. they have a lot to play for.
              Now that is motivation.

Thanks
              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
              Benjamin Franklin
              Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by Jasma View Post
                If you are going to Troy for the Saturday games, don't stay in Sch'dy. Drive about 15-20 minutes east on Route 7 and you will find a slew of hotels near the Northway (I-87). There are Hamptons, Holiday Inns, and independents all over the place.

If you do stay in Sch'dy. Try Katie O'Byrnes or clinton's Ditch on Erie Blvd for after-game libations and good pub food.
                There's also the new Hilton Garden Inn on Hoosick Street about 2 minutes from the RPI campus. Piece of advice: Take a right out of the hotel then take a left at the 15th St light, then a left at People's Avenue. Who knows how long you'll be waiting if you try to take a left on Hoosick. There's also the Recovery Room attached right to the hotel, so it's easy to get something to eat after the game.
                Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                  I hope you are right. I have a question for you. While I enjoy your posts here and your insight, why the RPI thread?
                  We don't get too many fans from other schools posting regularly on this thread. Is there some hidden RPI alliance in your past?
                  Please don't take this as a negative, just curious.
                  The first reason, as you probably have seen there aren't a ton of Yale posters on the Yale thread. so to keep myself in the know about ECAC hockey I started turning to other ECAC teams threads for info. It seems that I have gravitated to the RPI thread more often because of the regular RPI posters high knowledge of the game and the league. Out of all of the ECAC team threads it is also the most sociable of the lot. The people here enjoy a good give and take and also have a sense of humor when barbs are tossed. That is why I was surprised at some of the animosity earlier in the week from one poster, but I think that has policed itself. No RPI connection at all BTW. Maybe we will get to meet each other in Atlantic City, in the finals, because Yale owes you guys some payback.
                  YALE HOCKEY
                  2013 National Champions

Comment

The first reason, as you probably have seen there aren't a ton of Yale posters on the Yale thread. so to keep myself in the know about ECAC hockey I started turning to other ECAC teams threads for info. It seems that I have gravitated to the RPI thread more often because of the regular RPI posters high knowledge of the game and the league. Out of all of the ECAC team threads it is also the most sociable of the lot. The people here enjoy a good give and take and also have a sense of humor when barbs are tossed. That is why I was surprised at some of the animosity earlier in the week from one poster, but I think that has policed itself. No RPI connection at all BTW. Maybe we will get to meet each other in Atlantic City, in the finals, because Yale owes you guys some payback.
                    I am not sure that I can make AC yet. (I will be trying). However, I do have a current connection to Yale, so we might get to meet next season at the whale.
                    Benjamin Franklin
                    Gary Player

Comment

If you happen to go to Houston Field House next year, come say hello (assuming I am there; gas prices have some threats).

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                        If you happen to go to Houston Field House next year, come say hello (assuming I am there; gas prices have some threats).
                        I was actually there this year at the freakout, but you guys all looked the same.
                        YALE HOCKEY
                        2013 National Champions

Comment

I was actually there this year at the freakout, but you guys all looked the same.
                          I don't recall any dudes with long hair around me...

Comment

Working...
                          X