This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver XXX

New here but I've been a fan for quite some time. Thought I'd join here with the new PC attitude on the Let's Go DU Blog.

GO DU !!!!!

If you don't like it, I've got two words for ya.

Comment

This waiting for Friday thing is killing me. Plus as far as I can tell there is no TV for this series...So du78 and all of you who subscribe to the DU webcast, here's a couple of questions:
      1- How much?
      2- Is it possible to but one game at a time?
      3- Can it happen instantly, I submit my visa number and boom I get the game that night, right away?
      4- How's the quality
      and here come possibly the most important questions,
      5- Can I pause it for an indefinite period of time?
      6- Can I start it whenever I want?
      questions 5 and 6 are important because I don't think I can be home in time for the face-off. So in other words, can it work like DVR?

Welcome aboard BigBossMan!!!
      "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
      Tom Serratore

Comment

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
        This waiting for Friday thing is killing me. Plus as far as I can tell there is no TV for this series...So du78 and all of you who subscribe to the DU webcast, here's a couple of questions:
        1- How much?
        3- Can it happen instantly, I submit my visa number and boom I get the game that night, right away?
        4- How's the quality
        questions 5 and 6 are important because I don't think I can be home in time for the face-off. So in other words, can it work like DVR?

Hey Dmann -- The quality is great, it's produced by FSN. You can buy one game at a time, for like $6 or $7 i think...or you can sign up for a monthly membership, which i think is like $10/mo. It's pretty instant, you can be up and running within a few minutes. I don't believe it has any DVR capabilities, but i could be wrong...i haven't watched it in a while.

Hope this helps -- good luck with the weather up there!

r

Comment

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
          1- How much?
          4- How's the quality

Link to Pioneer Vision Sign-Up.

1 - $8.95 per month or $59.95 for a season (year)
          2 - Not sold on a game by game basis, must purchase at least a month.
          3 - Yes
          4 - Produced by FSN RM, quality is pretty good much better than B2, depends upon your computer & monitor
          5 - You can pause but it will pick up the live action when you unpause.
          6- Game is live only once. After the game, the webcast is archived and can be viewed in its entirety as many times as you want.

Link to FAQ and Troubleshooting for Pio Vision
          DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBossMan View Post
            New here but I've been a fan for quite some time. Thought I'd join here with the new PC attitude on the Let's Go DU Blog.

GO DU !!!

Welcome. You buy.
            2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Mike Chambers of the Denver Post just posted the DU All WCHA award winners.

Jason Zucker - WCHA Rookie of the Year, All WCHA 2nd Team, All WCHA Rookie Team

Drew Shore - All WCHA 2nd Team

Matt Donovan - All WCHA 2nd Team

Sam Brittain - All WCHA Rookie Team

David Makowski - All WCHA Rookie Team

Full WCHA Press Release

DU placed 16 student athletes on the WCHA All Academic Team (Freshmen are ineligible). DU has a total of 19 upperclassmen including David Carle. That means only 3 eligible players didn't qualify.

University of Denver: David Carle (Jr., Student Assistant Coach, Anchorage, AK); Jon Cook* (Sr., D, Denver, CO); Nate Dewhurst (Jr., F, Johnston, IA); Matt Donovan (So., D, Edmond, OK); Dustin Jackson* (Sr., F, Omaha, NE); John Lee* (Jr., D, Moorhead, MN); Anthony Maiani (Sr., F, Shelby Township, MI); Jesse Martin* (Sr., F, Edmonton, AB); Chris Nutini* (Sr., D, Centennial, CO); Kyle Ostrow* (Sr., F, Calgary, AB); Shawn Ostrow (So., F, Calgary, AB); Paul Phillips (So., D, Darien, IL); Josh Rosenholtz (Sr., G, Ridgefield, CT); John Ryder* (Sr., D, Colorado Springs, CO); Luke Salazar* (Jr., F, Thornton, CO); Drew Shore (So., F, Denver, CO).

Congrats to all!!!!!!!!!
              Last edited by du78; 03-10-2011, 05:25 PM.

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                Welcome. You buy.
                I'll buy. No whining.

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
                  Mike Chambers of the Denver Post just posted the DU All WCHA award winners.

Jason Zucker - WCHA Rookie of the Year, All WCHA 2nd Team, All WCHA Rookie Team

Drew Shore - All WCHA 2nd Team

Matt Donovan - All WCHA 2nd Team

Sam Brittain - All WCHA Rookie Team

David Makowski - All WCHA Rookie Team

Full WCHA Press Release

DU placed 16 student athletes on the WCHA All Academic Team (Freshmen are ineligible). DU has a total of 19 upperclassmen including David Carle. That means only 3 eligible players didn't qualify.That's truly amazing

University of Denver: David Carle (Jr., Student Assistant Coach, Anchorage, AK); Jon Cook* (Sr., D, Denver, CO); Nate Dewhurst (Jr., F, Johnston, IA); Matt Donovan (So., D, Edmond, OK); Dustin Jackson* (Sr., F, Omaha, NE); John Lee* (Jr., D, Moorhead, MN); Anthony Maiani (Sr., F, Shelby Township, MI); Jesse Martin* (Sr., F, Edmonton, AB); Chris Nutini* (Sr., D, Centennial, CO); Kyle Ostrow* (Sr., F, Calgary, AB); Shawn Ostrow (So., F, Calgary, AB); Paul Phillips (So., D, Darien, IL); Josh Rosenholtz (Sr., G, Ridgefield, CT); John Ryder* (Sr., D, Colorado Springs, CO); Luke Salazar* (Jr., F, Thornton, CO); Drew Shore (So., F, Denver, CO).

Congrats to all!!!!!!!!!
                  Great recognition for Pioneer student athletes!

Next up--Beat the Mavs!
                  GO DU !!!

Comment

Is there really that big a difference between: a Boone t-shirt - a CC Sucks t-shirt - a Suck It t-shirt ? The band will be selling the latter type before the games this weekend. Will this also be the "special present" Boone will be handing out to Let'sGoDU readers tomorrow night?

Comment

Interesting press conference by Gwoz. He opened up talking about how a fan had said to him it must have been a really difficult season and went on to talk about how it hadn't been difficult--that it had been a really great season. He talked about KO's effort Saturday-7 shots and the game winner on a shortie. He talked about the importance of winning game one of a three game series and how everyone is healthy. I wonder how true that is? Last year we found out after the game in Albany that about 9 guys were seriously banged up. It's a long season so I'm sure there are guys hurting. It will be interesting to see how we look Friday. Can we bring that same playoff intensity we had last Saturday?
                      Go Pioneers!

Comment

By the way puck swami, I would like your thoughts on something. Didn't Northern Colorado just do what Denver is trying to do with 800K in basketball salaries. Get an NCAA bid and receive a ton of media and national exposure. The head coach there makes 85K. Its interesting to hear you talk about Gwoz's failures and how Scott (who has one winning season in the last seven years) had injuries this year. I know, I know Gwoz can't win a tournament game and we should let him go to Mich St.. I would rather be where Denver is (locked in the tournament) then were Wisco and Minny are, who have 3 times the resources of DU.

Comment

From the DU website about Jay Z winning Rookie of the Year. Five of the nine went on to win the NCAA title.

Zucker is the ninth Pioneer to earn league Rookie of the Year honors, joining George Kirkwood (1960), Jack Wilson (1961), Keith Magnuson (1967), George Morrison (1969), Craig Redmond (1983), Dave Shields (1987), Rick Berens (1988) and Paul Stastny (2005). The Pioneers placed a program-best three players on the All-WCHA Rookie Team. DU's three All-WCHA second-team selections were the most since 1978 when Lex Hudson, Perry Schnarr and Greg Woods were named to the team. DU has landed a player on the All-WCHA Rookie Team for four consecutive seasons and six of the last seven seasons.
                          Last edited by du78; 03-11-2011, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rpihockeyrock View Post
                            By the way puck swami, I would like your thoughts on something. Didn't Northern Colorado just do what Denver is trying to do with 800K in basketball salaries. Get an NCAA bid and receive a ton of media and national exposure. The head coach there makes 85K. Its interesting to hear you talk about Gwoz's failures and how Scott (who has one winning season in the last seven years) had injuries this year. I know, I know Gwoz can't win a tournament game and we should let him go to Mich St.. I would rather be where Denver is (locked in the tournament) then were Wisco and Minny are, who have 3 times the resources of DU.
                            My thoughts:

-UNC had a good year and got hot at the right time. That $85K coach won't be at $85K for very long now...
                            -DU beat UNC this year. The programs aren't very far apart in terms of talent.
                            -UNC has far lower admission standards than DU does, and in basketball, where many of the best players come from low-level academic backgrounds, you can build a program faster if you have low academic thresholds as UNC does.
                            -DU was making steady progress under Scott until this season, where I believe injuries to key players were the big reason for DU's underachievement. It will be interesting to see how DU does next season, which will likely tell us how good a coach Scott is, but if DU does not make clear progress, I think Scott will be under some serious pressure.
                            -Personally, I think Gwoz is a great coach and it would be awful to see him go. I really hope DU does decide to lock him up to a great long term deal. But I also understand the school's current wait-and-see position. They aren't into shelling out more big bucks without NCAA tourney performance and or full houses at Magness, the two key areas that are in short supply over the last few years.

Comment

Sorry to jump in here Swami. I didn't read prior posts. Is there talk of Gwoz leaving?
                              "My greatest achievement."
                              Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

Originally posted by darker98 View Post
                                Sorry to jump in here Swami. I didn't read prior posts. Is there talk of Gwoz leaving?
                                Gwoz says he's happy at Denver, but wants a big contract extension, but DU has dragged its feet in giving him one, presumably due to the past six years of postseason/NCAA underachivement and declining attendance at DU. Additionally, openings at Michigan State and Penn State have increased speculation of a new offers for him.

I think we'll know a lot more by mid April. If DU gets an NCAA win or two, it increases Gwoz' leverage for a better deal. If they don't win in the NCAAs again, it will have been six years without NCAA success, and that would probably result in more unease in Pioneer land...

We'll have to see.

Comment

Working...
                                X