This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver XXX

Below is a link to a good summary of Bozak's recent struggles. The article (and the comments on the article) favorably speak of Tyler's skills, work ethic and attitude. They also point out some weaknesses, and discuss how the Leafs may be partly to blame for not putting Tyler in the right situations.

I'm going to chalk it up to a sophomore slump. I think that the Leafs would be wise to sign him for another year or two.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/6...n-burkes-plans

Comment

Originally posted by Pablo View Post
      Below is a link to a good summary of Bozak's recent struggles. The article (and the comments on the article) favorably speak of Tyler's skills, work ethic and attitude. They also point out some weaknesses, and discuss how the Leafs may be partly to blame for not putting Tyler in the right situations.

I'm going to chalk it up to a sophomore slump. I think that the Leafs would be wise to sign him for another year or two.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/6...n-burkes-plans
      Too bad....
      "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
      Tom Serratore

Comment

Bump!! So I'm getting a "sandbagging" vibe from our rivals here. What is all this talk about them giving up on the season and the bus ride that is going to wipe them out? They're 19/20 years old!!! Nothing wipes out guys that age!!! Last time we saw them they were pretty darn good. I for one am not going to underestimate them.... Thank you!!

clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap,
        "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
        Tom Serratore

Comment

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
          Bump!! So I'm getting a "sandbagging" vibe from our rivals here. What is all this talk about them giving up on the season and the bus ride that is going to wipe them out? They're 19/20 years old!!! Nothing wipes out guys that age!!! Last time we saw them they were pretty darn good. I for one am not going to underestimate them.... Thank you!!

clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap,
          Guess a road trip when you don't get to stop for beer isn't as much fun.
          GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
            Guess a road trip when you don't get to stop for beer isn't as much fun.
            Well played. :-)

Comment

I thought this was a joke, but it's true. Metro State is changing its name to "Denver State University."

http://www.9news.com/news/article/18...te-University-

Comment

I thought this was a joke, but it's true. Metro State is changing its name to "Denver State University."

Yeah, it's been in the news for awhile. I'm hoping their mascot will be the Mavericks and that they go D-I in mens' ice hockey and they join the WCHA. Then we could have landcows, corncows and mountaincows.
                DU Pioneer Hockey. National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005
                sigpic
                WCHA arenas I have visited: Magness, Kohl, Sullivan, National Hockey Center, DECC, Cleveland Steamer World Arena (CSWA)

Thanks for your friendship Jimbo!!!

Comment

This move doesn't help DU at all. DU is confused with CU in out of state contexts all the time, and adding a Denver State University to the mix doesn't help. Hopefully, it will be similar to the University of Chicago and Chicago State University, where the private powerhouse (U of C) is not really confused with the state commuter school. Or it might be more like Portland State and the University of Portland, who also get confused in out of state markets.

Fortunately, the vast majority of "DSU" students are locals, who know the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
                    This move doesn't help DU at all. DU is confused with CU in out of state contexts all the time, and adding a Denver State University to the mix doesn't help. Hopefully, it will be similar to the University of Chicago and Chicago State University, where the private powerhouse (U of C) is not really confused with the state commuter school. Or it might be more like Portland State and the University of Portland, who also get confused in out of state markets.

Fortunately, the vast majority of "DSU" students are locals, who know the difference.
                    My mother, God bless her, never consistently got it right. Frequent references to Boulder, etc. And we should all live so long to have the difference between us and "DSU" as clear as the distinctions between Chicago and "CSU." Let's see: Enrico Fermi, Jay Berwanger and Amos Alonzo Stagg. Plus Nobel laureates in economics bumping into each other in the parking lot. Oh, THAT University of Chicago. Got it.
                    2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Why are they having the nordic and alpine events on the same day???

Looks like DU had a couple of good individual results, which were offset by poor scores from teammates. About 140 points behind the leader, half way through. Not looking good for the 4-peat. I think that if DU has an amazing second half of the competition, they could crawl back into the top 3. But it would take a pretty big collapse by CU, to allow DU to catch up to them.

Yeah, that whole Denver State thing is BS. They are probably trying to leach off of DU.

Comment

bump
                        I'm the guy with the gold jersey in Magness, who is probably drunk or at least getting in trouble for obscene cheers.

"You all saw what happened. Stick down, gloves off, He challenged the Chiefs. Called us names, CALLED US NAMES!"

CC's titles are older than NASA

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post

What about College of Colorado State Metropolitan Denver Division ? The mascot could be a the Cocs. That should offend almost everyone

Seriously, advanced degrees are a basic requirement for a University. Metro State College just started offering 2 advanced degrees this fall, accountancy and education, with Social Work scheduled for next year. Are these programs accredited? And no advanced degree has been granted as of yet. Perhaps they are a little early suggesting a name change.
                          Last edited by vizoroo; 03-09-2011, 09:12 PM.
                          GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                            What about College of Colorado State Metropolitan Denver Division ? The mascot could be a the Cocs. That should offend almost everyone
                            Metro, aka Metro In Town, should have gone with MIT.
                            DU Pioneer Hockey. National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005
                            sigpic
                            WCHA arenas I have visited: Magness, Kohl, Sullivan, National Hockey Center, DECC, Cleveland Steamer World Arena (CSWA)

Thanks for your friendship Jimbo!!!

Comment

Bump!
                              GO DU!!!!

ROWDY IN THE FIRST ROW!!!

DU Hockey National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005

Comment

Originally posted by s11r9seat8
                                It's safe to say DU isn't going to run away with the skiing championship this year. Nordic unofficial results:
                                http://www.barttiming.com/eisa/Results11/ncaa11.htm
                                C'MON downhillers!
                                Where is antje maempel when you need her?

New on USCHO but I've been a fan for quite some time. Thought I'd join here with the new PC attitude on the Let's Go DU Blog.

GO DU !!!!!
                                Welcome aboard BigBoss Man!
                                GO DU !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X