X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some big changes for ACHA D1 next season

http://www.achahockey.org/news2.php?..._id=1059&lang=

Big changes coming for the CSCHL next season:
    The league is adding Indiana University (Bloomington IN) who is moving up from ACHA D2 to D1.

But Eastern Michigan University, the University of Michigan-Dearborn, and Western Michigan University are leaving to join Adrian College, Oakland University (D1 indys), and Davenport University(who is moving up from D2) form a six-team Michigan-only conference, Great Lakes Collegiate Hockey League (GLCHL).
    Last edited by sbkbghockey; 11-23-2009, 12:13 AM.

Re: Some big changes for ACHA D1 next season

The only "BIG" change will be the addition of Davenport to D1 and some of the Mich schools no longer required to take 10 goal beatings against Lindenwood every year. Of course they will now be required to lose to Davenport by 10 each year but a decent trade $$/travel wise.

If only Minot could get into the CSCHL....

Comment

Oakland is also joining the Great Lakes league, this has been an on going discussion for years with the MI teams. I suspect Grand Valley to be the next to join the MI teams in DI.

Comment

Originally posted by fan23 View Post
        Oakland is also joining the Great Lakes league, this has been an on going discussion for years with the MI teams. I suspect Grand Valley to be the next to join the MI teams in DI.
        ooops yeah forgot to write them in.
        I agree, I suspect GVSU will within a season or two (and a little suprised they didnt with Davenport)

Comment

I'm not sure what to make of Oakland joining this venture. I was more in favor of them joining the CSCHL than doing something like this. Although, as long as they fit in other top 10 competition in the schedule, they'll still make the tourney even if they don't win the conference. Obviously an auto-bid for the new conference will be out of the question until the 2012-2013 season. Looking forward to tangling with Davenport later this season and in seasons to come. I'm sure we'll have a budding rivalry on par with Dearborn and Eastern in no time.

Comment

Working...
          X