Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final Four Moving Back to Campus Sites

I can wish, right.

I mean, sure, LP is great and all, but it kinda sucks for these guys to have to play in front of an empty building. I think the old way was much more enjoyable.

Re: Final Four Moving Back to Campus Sites

It wasn't empty. Yes, there were a lot of empty seats but I would say there was a good 4-5 thousand in attendance.

Comment

2100 game 1
      3100 game 2
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

I don't think it needs to be back on campus. Last years FF in Minneapolis at the Ridder was a great venue.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernPike View Post
          I don't think it needs to be back on campus. Last years FF in Minneapolis at the Ridder was a great venue.
          Yet also half empty...

Comment

Originally posted by AldenPartridge1819 View Post
            Yet also half empty...
            I was at the Ridder last year and the place was close to full for the title game.It's nice to see a full building but what are your sightlines and are you turning people away.I don't know if there's a perfect solution for hosting the games.
            The West is the Best: Jim Morrison and the Doors from The End

Comment

It would just be nice to be in or very short distance of a major city so travel is LESS complicated; I get it that LP is am amazing venue, but not simple to fly there and one long _ss drive from out west.....

Comment

Originally posted by jacketfan View Post
                I was at the Ridder last year and the place was close to full for the title game.It's nice to see a full building but what are your sightlines and are you turning people away.I don't know if there's a perfect solution for hosting the games.
                I hear you. I'm only saying that I think the players deserve more. It throws off the whole feel of the game to play in a place that is empty. Many fans just can't afford to get to neutral site games, even if that site is only a few hours away.

Comment

Originally posted by GBhockeygal View Post
                  It would just be nice to be in or very short distance of a major city so travel is LESS complicated; I get it that LP is am amazing venue, but not simple to fly there and one long _ss drive from out west.....
                  You can get to LP easily if you are willing to connect to a prop plane in Boston and touch down in Saranac Lake. $$$$

Comment

Guys Lake Placid is a great place to hold a tournament. Flying into Burlington or Albany and taking a bus to LP is not go deal,
                    2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
                    2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

Originally posted by hawk View Post
                      Guys Lake Placid is a great place to hold a tournament. Flying into Burlington or Albany and taking a bus to LP is not go deal,
                      Not a big deal except on the wallet. Nevermind a flight, I know a lot of great Norwich fans that just couldn't afford/weren't able to get off work to head over there yesterday.

Comment

For the record, it is the intent of the NCAA to merge the DI & DIII Ice Hockey Championships*, AND to also incorporate professional franchise's as official sponsors, that is where the future of the "Final Four" lies - for better or worse.

* see note on page 11:

Championship Date Formula Change. The committee accepted as information that the men’s ice hockey committee anticipates requesting a championship date formula change to facilitate a joint championship format with Division I men’s ice hockey in 2015.

Also on page 17:

Division III Men’s Ice Hockey – Term Extension Request. The men’s ice hockey committee requested that the term of Bruce Delventhal, director of athletics at Plattsburgh State University of New York, be extended for one year. Mr. Delventhal is the chair of the committee, and the committee indicated that allowing him to serve until September 1, 2012, would greatly help to facilitate the process of combining the Division III championship with the Division I championship. The NCAA Division III Nominating Committee supported this request.
                        PS - Don't shoot the messenger.
                        Last edited by norm1909; 03-17-2012, 10:32 AM.
                        Larry Normandin
                        SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                        WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by hawk View Post
                          You are correct. Flying to Albany and the two hour drive is not that bad. Plus, Dlll fans rule LP on tourney weekend. Wasn't as fun in Minneapolis when you only saw fans at the arena.

Comment

Originally posted by AldenPartridge1819 View Post
                            Not a big deal except on the wallet. Nevermind a flight, I know a lot of great Norwich fans that just couldn't afford/weren't able to get off work to head over there yesterday.
                            I'm starting to wonder if Lake Placid has run its course.

If Plattsburgh was in, obviously attendance would have been better but Norwich is probably the second team you would want there after Plattsburgh and the arena definitely had a lot of empty seats.

There is no perfect solution to this for sure but being at RIT right now, you can't beat the home festive atmosphere of having the host team playing the tournament in their own rink. I know not naming a host a week until the tournament is pretty tough ordeal and obviously many, if not all Division III schools don't have the infrastructure and resources that RIT has to pull off a tournament of this magnitude in such a short time. They do a tremendous job IMHO.
                            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                              I'm starting to wonder if Lake Placid has run its course....
                              Well it WILL be there next year, and starting 2015 it will become "the Final Four x 2" so 2014 is still up for grabs, presumably at a west site, but who knows? I wont be surprised to see the last DIII standalone tournment be held in Lake Placid, it has the infrastructure and ORDA is certainly ready & willing.
                              Larry Normandin
                              SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                              WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Working...
                              X