No announcement yet.

Oswego vs. Amherst: Where's the thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oswego vs. Amherst: Where's the thread?

C'mon guys. You are slipping.
    Twitter: DanMountSports
    2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Re: Oswego vs. Amherst: Where's the thread?

What is going on, there is normally lots of chat during an OZ game, where is everyone, in Lake Placid?
    Oswego Class of '80
    LAKERS - Division III Champs - 2007!

Comment

Originally posted by iontyre View Post
      What is going on, there is normally lots of chat during an OZ game, where is everyone, in Lake Placid?
      Yes, they are. It's crazy how many Oswego fans are here.

Comment

No score after 1. In my opinion, it looks fairly even. Oswego was getting a few better chances at the end there, but other than that, a very tightly contested game thus far. I like the defense that Oswego is playing, I like the poke checking and the deliberate play they've been showing. If they can finish a couple of these opportunities, we'll be in good shape. Lets go Lakers!!

Comment

good first for both teams,both goalies looked good,there is a lot of ice out there for sure,no pens yet for either team, could come down to a PPg or shorty...hold on boys

Comment

They are going to have to put some traffic in front of LaRose or get him going laterally. I'd there if I didn't have to work.

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Placid is a great atmosphere, but I think it's really a goofy place to play a championship. Teams play all year on North American rinks, then they play the penultimate game on an Olympic size rink. It's like the NFL playing the Superbowl on a Canadian football field. It's a completely diffrent game.

Comment

0-0 after 40 minutes.

Comment

The longer this goes, the more this plays into Amherst's game.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

hare is playing great and larose is on his game.......only 1 gripp Mather got mugged on the brown semi-breakaway where was the call he got his legs sub-marined and he didnt even come close to the puck????? great hockey for sure

Comment

yes it plays to amherst but its gonna be an ugly goal that wins I think, deflection, rebound ,hard worker goal

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                        yes it plays to amherst but its gonna be an ugly goal that wins I think, deflection, rebound ,hard worker goal
                        I agree. Both goalies playing great.

Comment

Amherst is a team with strong skaters and disciplined defense. They're forcing Oswego to cycle the outside and force passes into less than ideal situations. Oswego has to crash the net and try to capitalize on odd man rushes. This is Amherst's game right now, they're just playing their style hockey.

Comment

Hare has been terrific... kept them in the game, so far they have been outshot 26 to 19 by Amherst. It does have the feel that this game will be decided by a fluke - hopefully not a bad mistake.

OMG - the NCAA announcers just called Pete Sears "Paul".

Comment

Originally posted by skipperbob View Post
                              Hare has been terrific... kept them in the game, so far they have been outshot 26 to 19 by Amherst. It does have the feel that this game will be decided by a fluke - hopefully not a bad mistake.

OMG - the NCAA announcers just called Pete Sears "Paul".
                              He's been botching Leimbrock's name all night. I got sick of it and switched to WNYO's feed.

Comment

Working...
                              X