2012 Atlantic Hockey awards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Atlantic Hockey awards

Madolora over Noonan is a huge surprise to me -- and I say that as an RIT fan. Noonan's stats are gaudier, and he's 1-0-2 head-to-head against Mads. Surely it wasn't the shutout total that put Madolora over the top?

Powers &8^]

Re: 2012 Atlantic Hockey awards

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
    Madolora over Noonan is a huge surprise to me -- and I say that as an RIT fan. Noonan's stats are gaudier, and he's 1-0-2 head-to-head against Mads. Surely it wasn't the shutout total that put Madolora over the top?

Powers &8^]
    Looks like they split the two goalie awards between Noonan (goaltending award) and Madolora (first team). Glad to see Bentley clean up on awards this year, especially after not getting to Rochester for the tourney. Hope that these individual awards translate to a longer post-season for Bentley next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
      Looks like they split the two goalie awards between Noonan (goaltending award) and Madolora (first team).
      Yeah, but the goaltending award is purely statistical -- based solely on GAA. Which makes it just that much stranger that Madolora was considered better. Intangibles? Value to team? Who knows?

Powers &8^]

Comment

So everyone knows what you're talking about:
        http://www.atlantichockeyonline.com/.../2012AHAAwards

Surprised Torf didn't get any love, considering he had the best numbers despite the injury. Thought Gunner had a shot at the all-rookie team, too. His production tailed off towards the end (typical for a freshman undergoing the grind) but he's clearly one of the most dynamic players on the ice.
        2010-2011 Atlantic Hockey Pick 'Em Champion!
        2013 Atlantic Hockey Postseason Pick 'Em Champion!
        Air Force Falcons
        2007 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA West Regional
        2008 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA Northeast Regional
        2009 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA East Regional Final
        2011 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA East Regional
        2012 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA Northeast Regional

Comment

Working...
        X