This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech Offseason Thread

According to Chuck Schwartz on twitter we are in Madison the 7/8 of December.
    MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

did anyone post these yet? Husky Hockey Awards

Harold Meese Sportsmanship Award - Alex MacLeod

Gary Crosby Memorial Leading Scoring Award - Brett Olson

Elov Seger Memorial Most Improved Player Award - Bryce Reddick

George McCarthy Performance Award - Scholastic & Athletic Achievement - Jordan Baker

Gitzen-Loutit Memorial Outstanding Defensive Player Award - Steven Seigo

Norbert Matovich Memorial Outstanding Freshman Award- David Johnstone

Rick Yeo Unsung Hero Award - Brad Stebner and Dennis Rix

Merv Youngs Most Valuable Player Award - Joshua Robinson

John MacInnes Slide Rule Award - Brad Stebner
      Originally posted by mtu_huskies
      "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
      Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
      Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        The home series with Bemidji is set, per their official schedule:

10/19/2012 Minnesota
        10/20/2012 Minnesota
        10/26/2012 at Denver
        10/27/2012 at Denver
        11/16/2012 at Bemidji State
        11/17/2012 at Bemidji State
        11/30/2012 Minnesota-Duluth
        12/1/2012 Minnesota-Duluth
        12/14/2012 North Dakota
        12/15/2012 North Dakota
        12/28/2012 Michigan
        12/29/2012 Michigan State/Western Michigan
        1/11/2013 at Minnesota-Duluth
        1/12/2013 at Minnesota-Duluth
        1/18/2013 Bemidji State
        1/19/2013 Bemijdi State

2/8/2013 Carny
        2/9/2013 Carny
        2/15/2013 at Minnesota State
        2/16/2013 at Minnesota State
        3/1/2013 at St. Cloud State
        3/2/2013 at St. Cloud State
        3/8/2013 Colorado College
        3/9/2013 Colorado College
        Wow, I was expecting to see BSU for carny. Would they really bring UNO in for Carny again? Or are they looking to blow the doors off the JMSIA with a non-conference / future WCHA preview NMU/LSSU carny weekend? How cool would that be?!?
        Ryan J
        Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
        https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
        Originally posted by geezer
        Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
        Originally posted by manurespreader
        ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
          Wow, I was expecting to see BSU for carny. Would they really bring UNO in for Carny again? Or are they looking to blow the doors off the JMSIA with a non-conference / future WCHA preview NMU/LSSU carny weekend? How cool would that be?!?
          Ryan J
          Not likely due to the scheduling issues that it would cause.

Anchorage is still a possibility.

Comment

I think an LSSU carny would be cool... but I like having a conference game there as it's a more important game and we always seem to play better for carny.
            MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

today's Gazette story: "Michigan Tech was the only team in the nation to have more than eight players with at least eight goals on the season."
              Nobody will agree in the polls, and that's fine, but I think this team will be improved next season and will earn home ice. A lot of good young forwards and more coming in.
              Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
              USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
                I think an LSSU carny would be cool... but I like having a conference game there as it's a more important game and we always seem to play better for carny.
                I think it would be too, but I doubt it will happen. If Tech and LSSU do play in Houghton, I think it will most likely be October 12-13.
                LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

UNO and Anchorage would be boring for carny, Northern and LSSU would be epic.

Comment

When does the season start, I'm already jonesing for some Tech hockey.
                    2005-2006: 7-25-6
                    2006-2007: 18-17-5
                    2007-2008: 14-20-5
                    2008-2009: 6-25-7
                    2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                      today's Gazette story: "Michigan Tech was the only team in the nation to have more than eight players with at least eight goals on the season."
                      Nobody will agree in the polls, and that's fine, but I think this team will be improved next season and will earn home ice. A lot of good young forwards and more coming in.
                      For sure the offense will continue to improve, but they've got to continue to work on avoiding turnovers, cleaning up their defensive game, and they need at least one of the three goalies to consistently put up a SV% of .910+.

Until some of that happens, they're a .500-ish team.

Comment

Looks like Joel Lesperance made his USHL debut last weekend.

http://ushl2011.stats.pointstreak.co...&seasonid=7561

Comment

Does anyone have guesses on when we'll know if it's Phillips or Vallis coming next fall?

Anyone in Houghton seen the rink lately? Is it just torn up concrete or is there nothing to see.

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
                            Does anyone have guesses on when we'll know if it's Phillips or Vallis coming next fall?

Anyone in Houghton seen the rink lately? Is it just torn up concrete or is there nothing to see.
                            I believe it will be both. The rink will probably be torn up after graduation.
                            Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                            What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Official comment on Phillips will probably be soon. Vallis will be awhile but I expect him to be a Husky next year.
                              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                For sure the offense will continue to improve, but they've got to continue to work on avoiding turnovers, cleaning up their defensive game, and they need at least one of the three goalies to consistently put up a SV% of .910+.

Until some of that happens, they're a .500-ish team.
                                Next year NCAAs or bust.
                                Just so we never forget.

Originally posted by MeanEgirl to hockeybando
                                *****... *** do you think you're doing?! Getting on USCHO and making racial comments about The Darkness?! I'm not going to stand for this! He's my friend ... so the next time I see you, I'm whooping your ***!
                                Originally posted by nmupiccdiva

(insert joke about an NMU girl and insertion here)

Comment

Working...
                                X