This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech Offseason Thread

You can machine wash on gentle. Normally you are just trying to prevent from washing out the jersey marks, but with prob only one game of use it is likely pretty clean to begin with. All you are trying to really accomplish is wash out the sweat and maybe Gatorade which contains salts.

MeiGray will publish all of the 2011-12 serial numbers in their annual report which usually comes out just before next season starts.

Want to hear a number that will rock your world? Keep in mind that this only includes the 21 NHL teams who marketed their jerseys through MeiGray in 2002-03. The first year that MeiGray marketed in conjunction with the NHL, they tagged and processed 7,390 jerseys. That's just over 350 jerseys per team used in just one year. Further, let's say the typical NHL team has 30 regular players on their roster, that's 10 jerseys per player per season for maybe 90 games on average if they made it to the playoffs. A new jersey every 9 games! Now you know why they come out clean when the season is over. Game used hockey jerseys have become the new baseball cards for adults. Didn't get one of your favorite player this year? Don't worry they will make another dozen next season. Obviously the lower the team's budget, the fewer jerseys they will use. Most minor league teams today use two of each color per year.

Back in the 1970s and 1980s most NHL teams (and minor league teams into the 1990s) gave each player one jersey per color for the entire season, and then they might recycle them to the next year as well! That's how you got jerseys that looked like this:

Brent Peterson - Milwaukee Admirals (IHL)
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Originally posted by geezer
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
    Originally posted by manurespreader
    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Thanks Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by UpNorthHockey View Post
        My crystal ball for next year:

Offensive Leaders
        -----------------
        B. Pietila - I see Blake stepping up a level and being the team's offensive leader
        Furne - Ryan hits it hard in the offseason and has a breakout year with over 30 points
        D. Johnstone - David will mature over the summer and will be a top 3 scorer, high 20s/low 30s
        Petan - The replacement for Jordan Baker, a small, fast, older, gritty forward that will be a top 4 scoring leader, high 20s
        Khaira - A big, young kid with great instinct that will be a top five scorer right off the bat, but may be an all american in a few years
        J. Johnstone - Jake has a solid year and scores over 20 points
        Kero - Tanner will be a consistent scorer and playmaker, high teens/low 20s
        Gordic - Milos will continue to be a big body that can score inside and will put up high teens

Second Tier Offense
        -------------------
        Gould - Gould has a good showing with points in the mid/low teens
        Rix - Rix continues blocking shots and breaks into double digits scoring
        Pietila - Chad will earn a regular roster slot and will put up around 10 points
        Lickteig, Vallis and Eick will compete for a starting position, each puts up single digits
        Holmberg and Hietala will see limited time but could occasionally displace Vallis or Eick

Defense
        ------------------
        Seigo - Seigo is the team captain, puts up mid 20s
        Sova - Sova is D#2
        Stebner - Stebner continues to improve and is D#3
        Fillion - Justin is D#4 and passes Sweeney
        Sweeney - Riley has a good season as D#5
        Nielsen - Nielsen is D#6
        Hyland, Davis & Brown duke it out for a slot, maybe displace someone occasionally

GOAL
        -----
        Genoe starts but after first month sees even time with Copley, who comes on strong
        Copley finishes as the starter even though Genoe improves from previous year

NCAA rules that Reddick is done

Huskies finish third or fourth in WCHA due to:

1. Improved consistency
        2. More scoring output
        3. Stronger goaltending
        4. Top teams losing marquis players to pros
        interesting prognosis. A few points. some teams, notably UND will be much better next year than this, even though they lost some guys.I also expect Denver to be better and Minnesota to be as good if they can find a goalie.I think Wisconsin will be much better than last season too.

As far as Tech's team. I agree it will be a better team, more consistent, learning how to win, and just how much focus is required every shift. Will we score more goals?, I think so, and I think we will allow fewer. The defense should be more consistent, especially as this year early in the year we had quite a few breakdowns. However we have a tougher schedule what with no AIC, and in a different pool in the WCHA though we still might have an advantage in league. Looking at players, I like D Johnstone a lot and I think he has a lot of potential to develop. I wonder about Kero's up side and same with a couple of others. If they make that big step, we could really be tough and we will surprise some people.

So overall a top four would be great. How our class stands up, and how much the existing players develop, will be an interesting study.Certainly if anyone can develop these guys to a higher level it's Mel.
        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

We won't sneak up on anyone next year, as Pearson himself pointed out. However, I was encouraged by the talk surrounding the offseason conditioning program. If they all show up for fall training ready to take it up another level, their October schedule of MN, DU, and possibly NMU (Oct. 12/13 is still open), doesn't look like quite as high of a mountain to climb.

Comment

In 2010, only 11 programs made more money than Michigan Tech. Better than I expected.
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
              In 2010, only 11 programs reported better net profits than Michigan Tech. Better than I expected.
              Fixed your post.

Lots of accounting tricks to make those numbers work nicely. Some of those schools allocate an "athletic budget" for all their programs to tap from, hence why the perfect zero balance for 26 schools, or such a relatively small + or - income.
              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                Fixed your post. Lots of accounting tricks to make those numbers work nicely. Some of those schools allocate an "athletic budget" for all their programs to tap from, hence why the perfect zero balance for 26 schools, or such a relatively small + or - income.
                I would not believe those numbers in the least.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  We won't sneak up on anyone next year, as Pearson himself pointed out. However, I was encouraged by the talk surrounding the offseason conditioning program. If they all show up for fall training ready to take it up another level, their October schedule of MN, DU, and possibly NMU (Oct. 12/13 is still open), doesn't look like quite as high of a mountain to climb.
                  NMU is playing in Green Bay against Wisconsin on October 12/13.

Comment

Hmm...so January 4/5th? Or there is a low chance that a conference bye weekend happened to match up for both teams (let's hope it isn't Thanksgiving Weekend).

This is our schedule so far:

10/19/2012 Minnesota
                    10/20/2012 Minnesota
                    10/26/2012 at Denver
                    10/27/2012 at Denver
                    11/30/2012 Minnesota-Duluth
                    12/1/2012 Minnesota-Duluth
                    12/14/2012 North Dakota
                    12/15/2012 North Dakota
                    12/28/2012 Michigan
                    12/29/2012 Michigan State/Western Michigan
                    1/11/2013 at Minnesota-Duluth
                    1/12/2013 at Minnesota-Duluth
                    2/8/2013 Carny
                    2/9/2013 Carny
                    3/1/2013 at St. Cloud State
                    3/2/2013 at St. Cloud State
                    3/8/2013 Colorado College
                    3/9/2013 Colorado College

Using process of elimination, the Carny opponent must be Bemidji, Anchorage, or Wisconsin. I'm guessing it's the Badgers.

Comment

Hmm...so January 4/5th?
                      Nope, NMU is in St, Clooud that weekend.

Current open weekends until the schedule fills up:
                      11/02/12, 11/03/12
                      11/09/12, 11/10/12
                      11/16/12, 11/17/12
                      11/23/12, 11/24/12
                      12/07/12, 12/08/12
                      01/18/13, 01/19/13
                      01/25/13, 01/26/13
                      02/01/13, 02/02/13
                      02/15/13, 02/16/13

I'm thinking it's either going to be Thanksgiving weekend, or two crappy Tuesday games that both coaches won't like playing in. As usual.
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Vallis and Phillips are set to play for Michigan Tech this coming season.
                        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Hmm...so January 4/5th? Or there is a low chance that a conference bye weekend happened to match up for both teams (let's hope it isn't Thanksgiving Weekend).

This is our schedule so far:

10/19/2012 Minnesota
                          10/20/2012 Minnesota
                          10/26/2012 at Denver
                          10/27/2012 at Denver
                          11/30/2012 Minnesota-Duluth
                          12/1/2012 Minnesota-Duluth
                          12/14/2012 North Dakota
                          12/15/2012 North Dakota
                          12/28/2012 Michigan
                          12/29/2012 Michigan State/Western Michigan
                          1/11/2013 at Minnesota-Duluth
                          1/12/2013 at Minnesota-Duluth
                          2/8/2013 Carny
                          2/9/2013 Carny
                          3/1/2013 at St. Cloud State
                          3/2/2013 at St. Cloud State
                          3/8/2013 Colorado College
                          3/9/2013 Colorado College

Using process of elimination, the Carny opponent must be Bemidji, Anchorage, or Wisconsin. I'm guessing it's the Badgers.
                          Does anyone know if LSSU is playing in Houghton next season? I had heard last summer that they were going to play at Tech in the 2012-13 season, but that was before all of the conference changes began to take place.

Comment

I don't believe we travel to Anchorage this year, so we're only going to get 34 regular season games. GLI + NMU covers four of six OOC games, so that leaves just one possible series.

Comment

Just because it's offseason and it's quiet.

A link posted by the Tech hockey twitter for an article about how Tech uses this company's video software on Page 5.

http://www.xosdigital.com/Resources/...derHockey.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
                                Just because it's offseason and it's quiet.A link posted by the Tech hockey twitter for an article about how Tech uses this company's video software on Page 5.http://www.xosdigital.com/Resources/...derHockey.aspx
                                Any chance Conner gets called up?

Comment

Working...
                                X