This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech Offseason Thread

It would be nice if they would return to the jersey style from Mel's playing days, with gold, white and black sweaters and maybe an alternate.
    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

So as long as we're talking jersey designs is there anybody on this board who can talk them into removing the MichiganTech out out the script Huskies logo. It reads horribly and I really don't see myself buying any appreal that has that logo on it.
      Just so we never forget.

Originally posted by MeanEgirl to hockeybando
      *****... *** do you think you're doing?! Getting on USCHO and making racial comments about The Darkness?! I'm not going to stand for this! He's my friend ... so the next time I see you, I'm whooping your ***!
      Originally posted by nmupiccdiva

(insert joke about an NMU girl and insertion here)

Comment

I suspect university branding insisted on adding it, so good luck fighting that battle.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          I suspect university branding insisted on adding it, so good luck fighting that battle.
          They insist on the MichTech? Or insist that it has to be in script? I do know they gave away many items that did follow their newest branding they started a few years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
            They insist on the MichTech? Or insist that it has to be in script? I do know they gave away many items that did follow their newest branding they started a few years ago.
            I find it funny, they MUST have the Michigan Tech in the script even-though the Husky Heads on the shoulders of the black jerseys lack the required Michigan Tech. So, they bent the rules once on the jerseys, why not bend them twice.
            Originally posted by SCSU Euro
            What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              Whoever they have doing the branding for the athletic department as well as the University in general is incompetent.

I can understand the desire to always have your university name present when you're a smaller not very well known school. But adding it to the script logo they way they makes no sense.

On the Hockey jerseys where they have that already say Michigan Tech centered at the top it honestly reads Michigan Tech Huskies Michigan Tech.

It's okay to have a logo that doesn't have you name on it. In fact it's probably better, especially in an athletic capacity, to have an alternate logo or two that can be shrunked down and easily recognizable without losing text.
              Just so we never forget.

Originally posted by MeanEgirl to hockeybando
              *****... *** do you think you're doing?! Getting on USCHO and making racial comments about The Darkness?! I'm not going to stand for this! He's my friend ... so the next time I see you, I'm whooping your ***!
              Originally posted by nmupiccdiva

(insert joke about an NMU girl and insertion here)

Comment

Any ME grads looking for a good job in automotive- e mail me.
                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

After 3+ hours of photography and and hour of image editing and uploading, the jerseys are posted. - Enjoy!
                  http://www.johnsonsjerseys.net/hockey/mtu/2010.html

Ryan J
                  Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                  https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                  Originally posted by geezer
                  Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                  Originally posted by manurespreader
                  ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                    After 3+ hours of photography and and hour of image editing and uploading, the jerseys are posted. - Enjoy!
                    http://www.johnsonsjerseys.net/hockey/mtu/2010.html

Ryan J
                    You buy almost all of last years?
                    MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
                      You buy almost all of last years?
                      No, I left a couple for the blue line club raffles. Otherwise what will I buy during next season?

Also some photographic proof that building a winner at Tech is as easy as "A - B - C".

Last edited by JohnsonsJerseys; 04-06-2012, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Haha, that's actually a pretty sweet picture on the right
                        MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                          No, I left a couple for the blue line club raffles. Otherwise what will I buy during next season?

Also some photographic proof that building a winner at Tech is as easy as "A - B - C".

great pictures!
                          Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                          "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                          Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                          Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

I'll second that. Great Picture.

Comment

Looking at the team next year, looks like we have 3 solid scoring lines and a very speedy drive the other team crazy 4th line.
                              No telling who will be the 6 d-men regulars, but it looks really good for next year if the Freshman are as good as advertised.

B. Pietila D. Johnstone Gould
                              Furne Kero Gordic
                              Khaira J. Johnstone Petan
                              Lickteig Eick Rix

A. Pietila Holmberg Vallis
                              C. Pietila
                              Hietala

Seigo Sweeney
                              Stebner Nielsen
                              Sova Hyland
                              Brown Fillion
                              Davis

Genoe
                              Copley

Comment

Originally posted by The Darkness View Post
                                Whoever they have doing the branding for the athletic department as well as the University in general is incompetent.
                                Ok, odd question on a Saturday... What is the singular reference for one member of the Michigan Tech Huskies? Yes, I'm being serious. When I try to write something about a player, I always get to that point and find a way to write that avoids the usage.

What I want to write is:
                                Player XYZ was a Michigan Tech "_______" between the years...
                                But I end up getting around it by writing:
                                Player XYZ was a member of the Michigan Tech Huskies between the years...

I've seen Husky, Huskie, Huske (I doubt that is it) to name a few, but my guess is the first because I know "We are Husky" seems to be acceptable in public (at least from MTU's standpoint).

Ok grammer and trademark experts, have at it. My website development thanks you.

Ryan J

Comment

Working...
                                X