X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech Offseason Thread

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
    Everyone of the rink we've discussed has a video broadcast system built in to the facility, which comes with better quality equipment. Should the video board be installed this season, it would require a significant upgrade in video equipment and would increase the quality of the output that can be streamed. However, it still has yet to be shown the even with an increase in output quality, whether the Huskies Live streaming system would be able to show the difference.
    Hopefully it's all being looked into to provide a better product for alums and fans of the visiting team that would eb willing to pay to watch. I hope they're also looking into this max listener issue for pasty.net, we shouldn't be turning any interested fans away from listening.

I didn't have anything more to ask Suzanne other than insight she can provide on the new WCHA, scheduling, conference tourney location,future video options etc.

Comment

tMEL leaves and Red can't advance the Blue. Coincidence? I think not.

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
        I had similar thoughts - The void Pearson left behind in Ann Arbor has created a giant sucking sound. Not to mention that having Michigan in the championship game against UND is a good way to flush away $10 (see below). Dirty - I don't want to put too much pressure on the team, but it is up to the Sioux to save me now.
        Ryan J

****** src="http://www.johnsonsjerseys.net/temp/ncaa2012.pdf" width="906" height="700">
        Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
        https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
        Originally posted by geezer
        Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
        Originally posted by manurespreader
        ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Anyone going over to Green Bay tonight for the regional final?
          Ryan J
          Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
          https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
          Originally posted by geezer
          Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
          Originally posted by manurespreader
          ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

U of M got hot in December, January, and February, but never seemed to take it up a notch once the postseason games began. They have some talent and good depth, and Hunwick had a great senior year in goal, but they didn't have any real scoring superstars this year - just a group of guys hovering between 25-35 points, and a few with 15-ish goals.

How much people want to attribute that to Pearson's departure is up to them. Losing his experience was probably one factor in Michigan's up-and-down season, among others.

Comment

Mel was there three years ago when they lost to Air Force in the first round too, and that's probably a worse loss. Michigan losing has more to do with 1 seeds being a shade over .500 the past four years than anything else.
              Originally posted by dicaslover
              Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
              Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                Mel was there three years ago when they lost to Air Force in the first round too, and that's probably a worse loss.
                See? Youse guys are better off without him!

Comment

I made the trip out to the armpit of MI this year and watched both games at Amsoil, and I have to say with Mel at the reigns your team played the game right. Hard fought games and finally a coach at Tech let his team play. The previous 10 years every time I had watched Tech play it was dump and chase and your breakout is going to be throw it off the glass as hard as you can and hope one of our players gets it. I am very happy for your improvement and hope it continues and you'll be in the NCAA tourny soon. Tech fans are always a good crowd.

Comment

Interesting article by Matt Wellens about Tech hosting the regional in Green Bay.

http://www.mininggazette.com/page/co....html?nav=5009

Comment

Hope!

/saturday night's ****show
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
                        Interesting article by Matt Wellens about Tech hosting the regional in Green Bay.

http://www.mininggazette.com/page/co....html?nav=5009
                        I would love for college hockey to be more visible at the Resch.

I googled the playoffs and got tons of local green bay articles from last years event, but almost nothing from this year's. Her point about the HS event was especially well taken. Less often, meaning almost never.

I think this arena is exactly the right size for a regional and/ or the new WCHA playoffs, we'll just have to see if it works.

I also wrote to one of our SID guys about the neulion feed, but haven't heard back yet.
                        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Just stopping by to say congratulations on the big turnaround this year! Happy for the fan-base and I see good things happening for this program in the coming years.
                          SCSU!

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                            I also wrote to one of our SID guys about the neulion feed, but haven't heard back yet.
                            Wes and Ian don't have much to do with it. Can't remember off hand the guy who was running it.
                            Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                            What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Thanks flashy, i guess they can pass it on at least.
                              anyone else watching the wings tonight. unbelievable.
                              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                                anyone else watching the wings tonight. unbelievable.
                                Fun game, but Columbus makes everyone look good.

Comment

Working...
                                X