Can we all agree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we all agree

I was thinking of ways we can unite the community and since stats do not lie. Can we all agree that the CCHA has already sewn up "The Most Dominate Conference of 2012 title?

Now I know some may think I have jumped the gun in giving the CCHA the title before the tourney or even before the field is chosen. But consider these facts...

The CCHA has a winning record against all other conferences except the HEA where the CCHA broke even.

Their overall interconference winning precentage is a lofty .703. and before you say thats because they beat up on UAH, consider this their win precentage against the big 4 is .613.

Then when you add in that the CCHA will most assuredly have 4 teams in the tourney and maybe 6

The CCHA has 9 of 11 teams in the top 20 pairwise, and 3 in the top 7 possibly 2 number 1 seeds.

On another note can we all agree to rename the WCHA tourney after Michigan Tech is eliminated. I think it should be call the Pre NCHC Tourney 2012

Re: Can we all agree

Most of us can't agree with ourselves most of the time, and you want us to agree with each other??
    bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
    SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
    All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
    A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

That's a tough first post.

Comment

What about Minnesota?

As for the CCHA, let's see how many teams actually get in and what they do in the tourney.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          What about Minnesota?

As for the CCHA, let's see how many teams actually get in and what they do in the tourney.
          OOPS rookie mistake....scratch the NCHC crack.

Comment

Its a personal sample but Northeastern this year:

vs. CCHA 3-0, NU outscored opponents 15-4 (all on the road)
            vs. everyone else, 10-16-5, NU was outscored 97-82.

I'm really interested in seeing if Notre Dame has the same success their first few years in HE.
            2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
            2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
              I'm really interested in seeing if Notre Dame has the same success their first few years in HE.
              I think the program will have it tough at first with that constant travel east. All the plane rides with waits in airports will take a toll. Wish they would of come to the NCHC where they could have played most of their games out of/in conference with a bus ride.

But back to the original idea... all hail the CCHA as it rides off into the sunset.
              Last edited by 87redhawker; 03-13-2012, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 87redhawker View Post
                On another note can we all agree to rename the WCHA tourney after Michigan Tech is eliminated. I think it should be call the Pre NCHC Tourney 2012
                Obvious troll is obvious.

Comment

FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

I'm not sure who you're referring to when you say "we all", but my answer would lean toward "no". I'm not saying they weren't good. But I wouldn't take the leap and say they dominated the country like you're trying to claim.

54-23-5 vs. out of conference teams looks darn impressive until you break it down.

No doubt, when it comes crunch time, over these last 10 years most would power rank the conferences
                    1. WCHA
                    2. Hockey East
                    3. CCHA
                    4. ECAC
                    5. Atlantic
                    ...And then there's UAH

10-0-0 of that record is vs. UAH
                    12-2-2 is vs Atlantic Hockey
                    11-3-2 is vs ECAC

So 33 of those 54 wins came against lesser conferences.

They were 5-5-0 against Hockey East which included Lake State beating Vermont and Miami beating Providence.

If you ask: How did the conference do against Top 20 programs outside of the CCHA, well Notre Dame was actually the team carrying their reputation this year.

ND went 4-1 in that category, with impressive wins over Duluth, Minnesota, BC and BU. Definitely the class of the conference when it came to making a statement.

Beyond ND, the CCHA went a pretty ho-hum 7-6-1 against out of conference top 20 teams, with 4 of those 7 wins coming over Toothpaste University and Air Force.

State nabbed a W vs Minnesota. The Wolverines nabbed a win over BC. And the Redhawks nabbed a W over Denver to round it out...

So basically, you can conclude that the Irish, Wolverines, Spartans and Redhawks will be nationally competitive. A team like Ferris State is overhyped and overrated (lost to Hockey East's worst team, bounced by BG)...

I mean, tell me something we didn't already know? How was their year different from others besides playing 26 games against Atlantic Hockey and Huntsville?

Comment

The wolverines lost to a D-III school! that plays D-I hockey

Comment

I would not agree. :-)

BU Alum '07

Comment

Minnesota isn't in the NCHC. I agree that the CCHA won the conference battle this year. It sure as hell wasn't the WCHA. Hopefully the WCHA wins the NCAA title though.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

If Yale were still playing they would skate circles around the CCHA..
                            UNIONNY HOCKEY - Not in Kentucky anymore..

Comment

Originally posted by ADK11 View Post
                              If Yale were still playing they would skate circles around the CCHA..
                              Yes, but Ylae* only skates circles around the WHCA.

Comment

Working...
                              X