Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Hockey 2012-2013

Originally posted by Lakerblue View Post
    Ok -- here is the link. Thoughts, Laker fans?

http://www.adn.com/2012/06/16/250797...n-playoff.html
    I don't care for this idea but understand that it is driven by costs and the economy is still in poor shape. Perhaps it could have been avoided if the 2 Alaska schools had offered to pay travel costs for any lower 48 teams that might otherwise have to travel to Alaska for playoff games. The article mentions that the UAA AD cast the only dissenting vote but makes no mention of any offer by UAA (or UAF for that matter) to offer such incentives.

Comment

Anyone know when the schedule will come out? Should be anytime now.

Also I agree that the Alaska playoff scenario is a joke. Also I think UAH will get ****ed over, unfortunately.
      LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Just a question for the end of June before the hockey season opens.

Can anyone explain why it the responsiblity of the C(Central)HAA or the W(Western)HCA's responsilbity to take in UAH? It would make much more sense to me if UAH traveled up the east coast for it's conference games; not to the central or western part of the country.

If there is an issue with travel to both the Alaskan sites for games wouldn't it be the same for UAH? If the WCHA does have the goofy playoff scenario for the Alaska teams who would UAH play in the playoffs?
        Go Lakers!

Comment

Good question as far as the distance but last year when it seemed like the Lakers future was in jeopardy it put the limbo that UAH have been in sinse the CHA disbanded in to a totaly different light to me. If they do get admittance into the nWCHA would it fit like a glove ? No but if they are willing to throw in some of the travel expense then i'm in favor, if not for the occasonal trip to Huntsville on the way south for a winter break but to help save a program.

It would round out the new conference to a even 10 teams. What if say two years down the road the nacho see's the great strides the Tech or Northern or Bemidji have made and wants to expand and invites some of the teams in our conference to join them.

I saw from one of UAH's most vocal posters who is also their Blue Line prez comment on the subject of their rink willing to play their games friday & saturday and from listening to coach Roque that was one of the major stumbling blocks to them being turned down from the ccha. So they will make it easier to schedule plus are willing to assist with travel costs. Let them in.

This joke of a playoff format that pits the two Alaska schools as auto opponents is a sham and reaks uncredible. I would think it will not last past the so called trial run.
          Last edited by PerkyforPrez; 06-23-2012, 10:22 AM.
          BLEED BLUE

Comment

Laker54, i do not think it's anyones responsibility but i also do not see why not when a deal can be worked out.
            BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
              It would round out the new conference to a even 10 teams. What if say two years down the road the nacho see's the great strides the Tech or Northern or Bemidji have made and wants to expand and invites some of the teams in our conference to join them.
              The whole point of the NCHC was to skim off the schools that spend the most, and play fewer conference/more NC games, all in an effort to better compete with the B1G behemoth. Expanding by skimming off whoever turns out to be the "best of the broke" in a few years would defeat all of those goals and purposes.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker54 View Post
                Just a question for the end of June before the hockey season opens.

Can anyone explain why it the responsiblity of the C(Central)HAA or the W(Western)HCA's responsilbity to take in UAH? It would make much more sense to me if UAH traveled up the east coast for it's conference games; not to the central or western part of the country.

If there is an issue with travel to both the Alaskan sites for games wouldn't it be the same for UAH? If the WCHA does have the goofy playoff scenario for the Alaska teams who would UAH play in the playoffs?
                As far as LSSU is concerned, travel to UAH versus travel to UNO (when they were in the CCHA) is pretty much a wash. Yah it's a long trip, but we did it pretty regularly when we had to go to Omaha to play UNO there. It would be a shorter trip for Ferris and BG than for us. A bit of a longer trip for MTU and NMU. Bemidji and UAH played in the same conference a few years back so Bemidji is used to traveling to UAH. The Alaska schools have to fly everywhere except when they pay each other so it's probably not much of a factor for them. I don't know how Minnesota State feels about it. Is UAH a long trip for everyone? Certainly, but they want to continue playing Div 1 hockey so I'm fine with them being part of the WCHA. I think there's probably kind of a brotherhood of Div 1 hockey coaches, so even though it's no one's "responsibility" to take UAH into their conference, I think almost everyone would like to see them find a home.

An East coast conference? I don't see how that would make more sense. If UAH was offered a spot out East, I'm sure they would jump at it, but failing such an offer I don't know how it would make more sense for them to go there. Maybe the current state of their program would make them a good fit for Atlantic Hockey, but I doubt Atlantic Hockey is going to offer a spot.
                Last edited by Bill; 06-23-2012, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Kellan Lain will be attending the Red Wings’ summer prospect camp July 7th in Traverse City

Comment

Calling all LSSU fans!

Does anyone know where I can find the game-by-game results for the Lakers for their tenure as a D-I team?

I'm doing research for a D-II Play-up Belt (Championship Belts are awesome and you should read up on them if you're not familiar.) and LSSU is one of the schools where I couldn't find that information. The media guide that is posted on lssulakers.com only has the game-by-game results from the past five seasons.

A link would be appreciated or you could send me an email at [username] (shift-2) gmail dot com. Thank you!

PS I was up in SSM, ON a couple months ago for work. Absolutely beautiful area. I wish it had been in season, though, so I could have hopped across the border and gone to a game at the Norris Center.
                    Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                      Calling all LSSU fans!

Does anyone know where I can find the game-by-game results for the Lakers for their tenure as a D-I team?

I'm doing research for a D-II Play-up Belt (Championship Belts are awesome and you should read up on them if you're not familiar.) and LSSU is one of the schools where I couldn't find that information. The media guide that is posted on lssulakers.com only has the game-by-game results from the past five seasons.

A link would be appreciated or you could send me an email at [username] (shift-2) gmail dot com. Thank you!

PS I was up in SSM, ON a couple months ago for work. Absolutely beautiful area. I wish it had been in season, though, so I could have hopped across the border and gone to a game at the Norris Center.
                      I just sent you an e-mail with the game by game results.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                        I just sent you an e-mail with the game by game results.
                        Thanks, Bill! That's exactly what I was looking for. Much appreciated.
                        Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Diamond View Post
                          Kellan Lain will be attending the Red Wings’ summer prospect camp July 7th in Traverse City
                          Definitely a kid with some potential.
                          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Current Lakers attending NHL camps this summer. Lain (detroit), Campbell (boston), Jean (rangers). anybody i've missed?

Comment

Originally posted by lakers1 View Post
                              Current Lakers attending NHL camps this summer. Lain (detroit), Campbell (boston), Jean (rangers). anybody i've missed?
                              Anyone know where Joe Sellers will be playing this year?
                              THE TOOTH WILL SET YOU FREE
                              TNA
                              TNA

Comment

The 2012-13 schedule has been announced:

http://www.lssulakers.com/sports/m-h...12-13_schedule

Comment

Working...
                                X