Coming to Duluth??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coming to Duluth??

So, who's coming??? And, any interest in meeting up someplace for a beer & lefsa??? (No other obvious MN food came to mind!!)

I'll add that we've had a very nice string of warm weather . . . with more expected this week. Shouldn't be much snow left by Friday!!!

Re: Coming to Duluth??

Originally posted by binnyrus View Post
    So, who's coming??? And, any interest in meeting up someplace for a beer & lefsa??? (No other obvious MN food came to mind!!)
    I'd be willing to meet before the games on Friday, but I realize it would be earlier than most people would like. I have to get to the rink at least an hour before the first game. But if anyone is up for meeting somewhere like Grandma's a couple of hours or so before game time (3 p.m.), I'd be there. I understand if people would rather set some other meeting time.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

If you're bringing lefse, I'll be there.

Comment

Originally posted by binnyrus View Post

I'll add that we've had a very nice string of warm weather . . . with more expected this week. Shouldn't be much snow left by Friday!!!
        While a little late in the season, I figured you would have saved some lutefisk to share with those trekking up to Duluth for the frozen four. It's not like it could have gotten any worse over the last couple of months.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
          I'd be willing to meet before the games on Friday, but I realize it would be earlier than most people would like. I have to get to the rink at least an hour before the first game. But if anyone is up for meeting somewhere like Grandma's a couple of hours or so before game time (3 p.m.), I'd be there. I understand if people would rather set some other meeting time.
          Just to clarify, the Sports Garden. Sounds like a plan. See you there.
          Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
          Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
          Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

BTW, anyone know what the story is regarding single-day tickets? Ticketmaster has them listed ($20 plus fees), but they're not for sale yet and no date is given as to when they will be available. Will they be sold in advance or just at the door?

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyDave View Post
              Will there be a gauntlet?
              Minnesota Hockey

Comment

BTW, anyone know what the story is regarding single-day tickets? Ticketmaster has them listed ($20 plus fees), but they're not for sale yet and no date is given as to when they will be available. Will they be sold in advance or just at the door?
                I see what you see.

I am confident that my distaste for ticketmaster will take a back seat to only a select few who have been directly personally offended by t-master policies. Suffice to say that I think t-master sux. I do not wish to give royal blood tribute. OK, sure, it's just bidness. I am still offended.

Here's my take:

Games in Duluth, UMD is not involved.

Even if every single women's hockey fan in Duluth shows up . . . even if Wisconsin brings every person they had at the Kohl Center quarterfinal . . . even if Minnesota brings every person they had at Ridder . . . even if those things are true, BC and Cornell are going to have to bring a couple of thousand fans each before Amsoil gets anywhere near a sell out.

I am going to Duluth and will be counting on getting tickets at the door.
                Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Comment

Originally posted by ManBehindTheCurtain View Post
                  Even if every single women's hockey fan in Duluth shows up . . . even if Wisconsin brings every person they had at the Kohl Center quarterfinal . . . even if Minnesota brings every person they had at Ridder . . . even if those things are true, BC and Cornell are going to have to bring a couple of thousand fans each before Amsoil gets anywhere near a sell out.

I am going to Duluth and will be counting on getting tickets at the door.
                  Oh, I fully concur on all those points -- TM is a scam, and I plan on getting my own ticket when I get up there.

That said, it would be nice to know in case anyone asks.

Comment

Sad I can't go... Would have been nice to meet up with you guys and see some old friends (lookin at you, ARM)
                    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

I would really like to go and I'm mentally trying to figure a way to make it work, but with gas at $4 a gallon and two other vacations planned, there's likely no way I can justify it.

That being said, I did tweet on Saturday night that no one in the history of ever has wanted to go to Duluth as much as I want to go to Duluth right now.
                      It's a great day for hockey!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                        Sad I can't go... Would have been nice to meet up with you guys and see some old friends (lookin at you, ARM)
                        That's probably why you included that word. ...

Comment

Originally posted by tristarscoop View Post
                          I would really like to go and I'm mentally trying to figure a way to make it work, but with gas at $4 a gallon and two other vacations planned, there's likely no way I can justify it.

That being said, I did tweet on Saturday night that no one in the history of ever has wanted to go to Duluth as much as I want to go to Duluth right now.
                          Well, then you GOTTA come!

Comment

I don't know that the Sports Garden is even open at 3; it looks like 4 according to this. I meant the original Grandma's Saloon & Grill in Canal Park. So that's where I'll go, because I don't have an hour to wait for them to open.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                              I don't know that the Sports Garden is even open at 3; it looks like 4 according to this. I meant the original Grandma's Saloon & Grill in Canal Park. So that's where I'll go, because I don't have an hour to wait for them to open.
                              Barring any air travel woes, we'll be in Duluth at 2:30 Friday afternoon. I'm sure a meal will be on the list of things to do quickly, so as long as all goes smoothly. Hux and I will try to get there. If not, we have no plans on Saturday (not going to the Kaz brunch), so if anyone is up for a lunch gathering... Haven't spent too many St. Patty's Days out of the Boston area. Should we expect (avoid!) the same craziness?
                              "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

Working...
                              X