Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECAC Hockey Finales Will Not Be Televised

http://www.uscho.com/ecac-blog/2012/03/12/1051/

Pathetic and embarrassing. An untelevised league championship in f__ing Atlantic City. This is not OK, Commissioner Hagwell.
    Go 'Gate!

High. Flat. Plane.

Re: ECAC Hockey Finales Will Not Be Televised

Horse****, I agree !!
    It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

I feel your pain, in two years the WCHA won't have any TV support either!

Comment

See the link below to read a bit more about the streaming coverage, produced by RPI students (including yours truly!), featuring expert commentary (Adam Wodon and Dan Fridgen), and available for purchase from America One.

http://www.rpitv.org/news_updates/11...y-championship

We're doing our best to try and make up for an unfortunate TV situation. Did I mention our coverage includes free HD Video on Demand after the fact?
        RPI Class of 2012
        Visit rpitv.org to watch almost every RPI Hockey home game LIVE, as well as a huge collection of on demand games from this season and seasons past, all for FREE!

Comment

Originally posted by RHamilton View Post
          See the link below to read a bit more about the streaming coverage, produced by RPI students (including yours truly!) ...

http://www.rpitv.org/news_updates/11...y-championship
          RHamilton: thanks for the heads-up on the RPI-student-produced pay-per-view video stream. Best of luck with the production.
          Go 'Gate!

High. Flat. Plane.

Comment

Is ECAC the only conference not broadcasting its finals? I assume so. With the gazillion cable outlets all starved for programming this really is a travesty.

Comment

RPI TV has always done a great job with their coverage......
              Looking forward to it....

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
                Is ECAC the only conference not broadcasting its finals? I assume so. With the gazillion cable outlets all starved for programming this really is a travesty.
                *checks TW website*

I don't see the Atlantic Hockey finals being broadcast...

Comment

With apologies for stealing RichH's thunder over on eLynah, he posted this picture of ECAC fans enjoying the 21st century broadcast of the ECAC championships:

*****http://cache.boston.com/images/beta//2011/05/world-series0041.jpg******
                  If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Typical Union: "No comment."

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      *checks TW website*

I don't see the Atlantic Hockey finals being broadcast...
                      AH does in fact have a broadcast deal, sadly, the ECAC is the only one that doesn't. Time to fire Hagwell - speaks volumes about the management of this league.

Comment

So, we get HD quality VOD after the fact, but how good is the stream going to be during the game? HD quality as well?

I'm glad RPI-TV is behind these productions.

Comment

Originally posted by rdf8585 View Post
                          So, we get HD quality VOD after the fact, but how good is the stream going to be during the game? HD quality as well?
                          We're trying to prod America One into streaming at as high of a quality as possible, but they're not exactly being forthcoming. I'm still trying.

In a perfect world, they'd stream at multiple bitrates and resolutions, both HD and SD so customers with slower internet can still enjoy. For $10 a game, customers should expect that. We're feeding them a 1080i60 feed, and they've decided that a 480x270 feed at 800 kbps is "adequate". It's unfortunately a very poor representation of our feed. If you click on one of our VoDs and start playing a video, you can see the resolutions and bitrates we feel are "adequate" in the drop down box above the video. Note that we offer a huge selection, and it even attempts to auto adjust to your internet speed. That's thinking for the customer, something America One is a bit hesitant to do. Oh yeah, and we do it for free.

I should probably be a bit more candid, but it's quite frustrating.
                          Last edited by RHamilton; 03-12-2012, 05:41 PM.
                          RPI Class of 2012
                          Visit rpitv.org to watch almost every RPI Hockey home game LIVE, as well as a huge collection of on demand games from this season and seasons past, all for FREE!

Comment

Originally posted by HighlanderRPI View Post
                            AH does in fact have a broadcast deal, sadly, the ECAC is the only one that doesn't. Time to fire Hagwell - speaks volumes about the management of this league.
                            Fire Paul Stewart while we're at it... the refs are more anti-non-ivy than ever.

Hire Joe Marsh!

Comment

I'll still buy the Union game(s) but hopefully your efforts aren't compromised.

ECAC should have just let RPITV run the whole thing. Who needs America One?

Comment

Working...
                              X