ECAC Hockey Finales Will Not Be Televised

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ECAC Hockey Finales Will Not Be Televised

Hagwell may not be able to get the ECACs on TV, but he's gotten himself on the radio.

http://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...onships-on-th/

Comment

Originally posted by LGR03 View Post
      It's never going to be at MSG or the arenas in Jersey so long as they every have any interest in NCAA hoops games that could conflict. It's also probably crazy expensive for the magnitude of the event. Further, MSG is always coming right off Big East hoops and the Knicks/Rangers pack the dates with home games to make up for a week on the road.
      NCAA hoops...depends on what round. For example, the Boston Garden has the HE championships this weekend and the NCAA men's hoops sweet 16/elite next weekend. I suppose if the Boston Garden could do it back-to-back weekends, any place could. The back-to-back-to-back weekends would probably be out of the question. I'm an outsider, but to me, your league's footprint is first and foremost in New York. If New York City isn't an option, Albany should be the permanent home IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
        I believe the last debacle of a 'where should the ECACs go' thread, it was determined that MSG has the Barnum and Bailey circus in town that weekend usually. Could be wrong but that's what I remember.
        Thread

MSG = unavailable post

Basically, the same Big East basketball tournament reasoning and the "NYC is way too expensive" statement.

Hey, look at that, he made the exact same post in this thread. Maybe we should just copy / paste the entire thread every year whenever this comes up (which it inevitably will).
        Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

[QUOTE=Natural Ice;5396336]What they need to do is one-up Hockey East and put the tournament in New York City. The ECAC Hockey schools have massive numbers of alums there, both young and old. If Cornell were in the final they would have a legit shot at selling out a pro facility. We're talking 1000% increase over current attendance at the event. It's a day-trip by train, or less, from seven other schools too, so their local fanbases could attend without the expense of a night in NYC. I suspect the reason it isn't there already is price,

Where else in NYC couldbyou hold the tourn?

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
            Thread

MSG = unavailable post

Basically, the same Big East basketball tournament reasoning and the "NYC is way too expensive" statement.

Hey, look at that, he made the exact same post in this thread. Maybe we should just copy / paste the entire thread every year whenever this comes up (which it inevitably will).
            I changed my argument a little... and completely forgot having posted that a year ago.
            Give My Regards to Davy...

Comment

Guys - the best college run TV broadcast is by WTOP out of Oswego State. However, they are where you are not this weekend.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Alot laughed the last time, but I still say Hartford or Bridgeport. Bridgeport is the optimal size for this type of event, just enough capacity not to look empty, small enough that people might buy tix in case of a sellout (sorry it is a business). AHL Ice staff at both arenas. I can also vouch for the club boxes at both venues, a great time with friends or clients. Enough built in hockey fans for a decent walk up as well. NYC IMO is just too hard or too expensive for the average fan. I myself would love it but have a train pass and would not stay in town, try finding a decent room in Manhattan for under $200.

CT High School semis are at Ingalls (two games) Weds. and finals at Bridgeport on Saturday, I will lay odds that the high school teams will outdraw the ECAC.
                YALE HOCKEY
                2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by TheValleyRaider View Post
                  The Colgate-Cornell game was in Newark, at the Prudential Center. Nice arena, but too big to really justify the crowd it was going to draw
                  Oops - my bad. I knew that....
                  If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                    Oops - my bad. I knew that....
                    I certainly should have, given I was there
                    ECAC Champions: 1990
                    NCAA Frozen Four: 1990
                    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 1990 2004 2006
                    ECAC Final Four: 1981 1990 1995 2000 2004 2005 2006 2008 2011 2012 2014 2015
                    NCAA Tournament: 1981 1990 2000 2005 2014
                    Let's Go 'Gate!

Comment

[QUOTE=Jasma;5396504]
                      Originally posted by Natural Ice View Post
                      What they need to do is one-up Hockey East and put the tournament in New York City. The ECAC Hockey schools have massive numbers of alums there, both young and old. If Cornell were in the final they would have a legit shot at selling out a pro facility. We're talking 1000% increase over current attendance at the event. It's a day-trip by train, or less, from seven other schools too, so their local fanbases could attend without the expense of a night in NYC. I suspect the reason it isn't there already is price,

Where else in NYC couldbyou hold the tourn?
                      The new Brooklyn arena, maybe, which is opening in September. Apparently they really want hockey in that arena, and it can fit 14,500 for hockey.

Comment

[QUOTE=ZYanksRule;5396583]
                        Originally posted by Jasma View Post

The new Brooklyn arena, maybe, which is opening in September. Apparently they really want hockey in that arena, and it can fit 14,500 for hockey.
                        they could fit the ECAC's in Houston Field House, based on recent attendance. It's not like they have to worry about RPI being there.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Or maybe this circus has finally come full circle...Lake Placid.
                          This league is on a merry go round and may never be taken seriously.
                          Didn't care for the Times Union Center but the location made sense. Don't know why we needed a "host" school, esp. if it isn't in the tourny.
                          Thx 4 clarifying my earlier post
                          Last edited by TchrBill; 03-14-2012, 06:08 AM.
                          C O L G A T E
                          2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                          1990 NCAA FINALS
                          https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
                          ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
                          ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

Anyone who has been to the ECAC's in Placid knows it is by far the best venue. We've talked about this until we were blue in the face !
                            It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                              Anyone who has been to the ECAC's in Placid knows it is by far the best venue. We've talked about this until we were blue in the face !
                              1) It's unavailable. This year. And next. And the year after that.

2) Coaches don't like the fact that it's Olympic-sized ice.
                              Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                                1) It's unavailable. This year. And next. And the year after that.

2) Coaches don't like the fact that it's Olympic-sized ice.
                                Make an outdoor rink on the infield of the speed skating track!

Comment

Working...
                                X