NCAA Frozen Four 2012 - Wisconsin vs. Boston College

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Frozen Four 2012 - Wisconsin vs. Boston College

Um, yeah let's get a new thread started for this game. Badgers have to be looking forward to getting back to Duluth after the disappointing game against the Bulldogs last weekend.

Solid win against Mercyhurst last night, but BC should provide an even bigger challenge.

Re: NCAA Frozen Four 2012 - Wisconsin vs. Boston College

So is this the thread for discussing actual hockey? Cool. I thought UW was playing well in 2008 down the stretch, even though they lost the championship game. It says a lot about the Badgers' program that everybody views them as off this year, even though they've only lost four games all season. BC has seemed a little off their game as well, but they righted the ship yesterday when necessary. Should be entertaining.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Yeah, it's all relative. Whether it's fair or not, this team is probably getting measured up against both last year's team and the '09 team. Bottom line is they are back in the Frozen Four looking for their second back-to-back titles.

Comment

UW is not the unstoppable machine from last year, but they still have the horses to get the trophy back to the Badger State.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Via the Wisconsin website (www.uwbadgers.com), there are actually school-sponsored fan events for the Frozen Four. On Thursday night, there is a party at Old Chicago, then a pre-game send-off on Friday at the team hotel. Finally, if/when they get to the championship game, there is a post-game get-together back at Old Chicago Sunday afternoon. I've had my issues with the UW support of the program in the past, but this is pretty cool, especially on the same weekend that the men's basketball team is in the NCAA tourny down in New Mexico.

Also saw on another thread that all schools will have their respective bands. That's also good to see. Has that been the case in most Frozen Fours?

Comment

There is already a thread for this game. Just because you don't like what I have to say doesn't mean you need a new one. Suck it up.
            Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
            Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
            Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

It's a year-old thread. Zero interest in it. Come on over and say what you have to say here. It's a new year.

Comment

Does anyone know if McKeough will be able to play this weekend? I think she is a key factor on the blue-line.

Comment

Ironically, I just heard on the local sports radio that McKeough is "questionable" for this weekend recovering from a concussion. That really sucks. Hope she is feeling better and can lace 'em up, but those head injuries are tricky.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
                    Ironically, I just heard on the local sports radio that McKeough is "questionable" for this weekend recovering from a concussion. That really sucks. Hope she is feeling better and can lace 'em up, but those head injuries are tricky.
                    The play she was injured on was brutal and Johnson was justifiably livid that not only was no penalty called, but UMD scored in the subsequent sequence.

Comment

Wasn't able to see that game. Was it a hit from behind? Whatever the case, the Badgers will be much better off if she is able to play. I'm guessing it'll be a gameday decision.

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
                      The play she was injured on was brutal and Johnson was justifiably livid that not only was no penalty called, but UMD scored in the subsequent sequence.

Comment

Wasn't able to see that game. Was it a hit from behind? Whatever the case, the Badgers will be much better off if she is able to play. I'm guessing it'll be a gameday decision.
                        If it is a concussion, I've always heard it was sit a week after your last symptoms disappear. If she has a history of concussions, it could be longer.

Comment

She didn't play at all against Mercyhurst, so it would be two weeks since her last action. UW will probably play it close to the vest on her playing status for the rest of the week.

Comment

Borderline from behind and I thought there was contact to the head. It should at *least* have been two minutes for checking.

Comment

Had I read the paper today, I would have seen this before posting on McKeough. Hopefully, I figured out how to copy links. It's a good read..

http://host.madison.com/sports/colle...9bb2963f4.html

Comment

Working...
                              X