X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 WCHA Final Five

Originally posted by HoosierBBall_GopherHockey View Post
    Who is the drunkest?
    I gotta go with Shyiak. He's drinking mixed drinks. The others are drinking Coors Light, and Motzko got there late.

People are right that this is what makes the tournament great. In the same bar are some Michigan Tech players and families, Hakstol's wife and friends, and a boatload of fans.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
      In my section, about 10 rows in front of me. From what I could tell it was a UND fan and Gopher fan.

But I didn't see a whole lot. The game was being played, so I had to choose between spectating Final Five hockey or a few drunken fatties acting like buffoons....
      Wasn't a tough choice.
      Is somebody going to post this fight with Goon vs. Scooby?
      "My greatest achievement."
      Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

Go Bulldogs!

Pioneers are hostile and abusive. They killed the buffaloes....

Rumor has it they have chorea...
        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
          Sitting in the bar at the St. Paul Crowne Plaza. Interesting table next to me -- Motzko, Shyiak and Serratore.
          Crowne plaza is pricey, but crapload of players, coaches, etc. SCSU people Craig Dahl and President Roy Saigo were there two years ago,
          Originally posted by SJHovey
          Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
          Originally posted by Brenthoven
          We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by darker98 View Post
            That's good stuff. Good win last night for you guys. Good luck in the tourney.

Sorry our #4 acted like a a little ***** and ran your goalie. That is not a fair representation of the character of the Huskies. Truly embarrassing.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronzebacks View Post
              Sorry our #4 acted like a a little ***** and ran your goalie.
              I was hoping someone would do it a lot earlier. You know the Whioux would have in that situation. Someone needed to rile up Dell and get him off his game. Besides I was hoping for multiple ejections last night.

Comment

Originally posted by darker98 View Post
                I kicked his butt.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  I kicked his butt.
                  A sign of things to come.....

Comment

I know I'm showing my age but was anyone else as annoyed by the PA announcer as I was? Over the top scoring announcements, dragging out every sylable of every players name, ugh. I thought I had stumbled in to an NBA game where the announcers do everything but wave pom pons.

Comment

Every year this weekend...St Paul brings the best three games in college hockey.

Strap yourself in!
                      Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by Jaws View Post
                        I know I'm showing my age but was anyone else as annoyed by the PA announcer as I was? Over the top scoring announcements, dragging out every sylable of every players name, ugh. I thought I had stumbled in to an NBA game where the announcers do everything but wave pom pons.
                        You definitely were not the only one.
                        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

What was way worse was Lapanta calling Rowney Ronnie all night on TV. Cmon Lapanta, would you say Downy as Donnie? No.

Also, just a quick update on the fight from a guy who was pretty close to it. He said the Gophers fan got the Sioux guy's shirt off, but the Sioux guy landed more punches. So we may not beat the Gophs tonight, but at least we got that one in our back pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by ExRider19 View Post
                            What was way worse was Lapanta calling Rowney Ronnie all night on TV. Cmon Lapanta, would you say Downy as Donnie? No.

Also, just a quick update on the fight from a guy who was pretty close to it. He said the Gophers fan got the Sioux guy's shirt off, but the Sioux guy landed more punches. So we may not beat the Gophs tonight, but at least we got that one in our back pocket.
                            I'm sure Whioux fans everywhere are so proud of that.

Did the announer do that for St. Cloud? I remember Jaime doing it a while back and he couldn't really do any of his typical hometown stuff. But if this guy did it for both teams it would be okay, if not that needs to change.
                            Last edited by Tiggsy; 03-16-2012, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                              You definitely were not the only one.
                              I thought I saw on twitter that is was the UND announcer. Is that true? If so that would explain the "your fighting sioux" references all night long. Not that its that big of a deal...
                              "Today I do what you won't, so tomorrow I can do what you can't." - Unknown

Between autocorrect, touch typing and a lack of desire or time to proofread on the internet, there are likely errors in any text I post. If pointing these out will add to your sense of self worth and validate your life, knock yourself out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                                I'm sure Whioux fans everywhere are so proud of that.
                                I thought it was funny that the Gopher fan was trying to disrobe the other guy. I would focus more on punching the other guy's face. But I'm crazy like that.
                                Originally posted by SJHovey
                                Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                                Originally posted by Brenthoven
                                We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Working...
                                X