2012 WCHA Final Five

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 WCHA Final Five

Is this the thread we're using to plan any of the social aspects of the final 5? Or is this supposed to be for actual hockey talk? I wanted to figure out what posters are doing and where they'll be before, and after games.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
      Is this the thread we're using to plan any of the social aspects of the final 5? Or is this supposed to be for actual hockey talk? I wanted to figure out what posters are doing and where they'll be before, and after games.
      I'll be in Pittsburgh for the entirety of the event. I think this makes only the 2nd one I've missed, going back to Target Center.
      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Gopher tailgate, game, tailgate, game, then probably Reid's. The usual agenda. Might try and get breakfast in St Paul before the tailgate.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          Gopher tailgate, game, tailgate, game, then probably Reid's. The usual agenda. Might try and get breakfast in St Paul before the tailgate.
          Yeah, your plan is pretty easy to figure out.

I'm planning on getting down to the tailgate about about noon on Thursday, then doing the same as you. After the game, if Tech loses, I'll probably leave right away and get home, since I'll plan on working Friday morning. If I'm in a celebratory mood, and I have to be back downtown for early game again, then I'll probably stay later and take all day off on Friday. Friday night, after the game, I'd like to check out Burger Moe's for a while to see Rocket Club. Saturday, I'm planning on tailgating for a while, then heading off to brent's to go to Johnny Holm Saturday night. Probably passing on the championship game, unless Tech is there.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

This is always a good stop to make during the Final Five as well.

http://alarys.com/?page_id=20

Comment

Apparently the Tech post game party is at some place called John's Bar, which is supposedly close to the X. Has anyone even heard of this place?

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Apparently the Tech post game party is at some place called John's Bar, which is supposedly close to the X. Has anyone even heard of this place?
                I think that's the same place they had the alumni gathering for the last Final Five appearance by Michigan Tech...
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Never heard of a Johns bar by the X, there is one in South St Paul.

Maybe they meant the party is in the "John" by the X.

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
                    Never heard of a Johns bar by the X, there is one in South St Paul.

Maybe they meant the party is in the "John" by the X.
                    The place is actually called 317 on Rice Park...located at 317 Washington Street, St. Paul, MN 55102. John's Bar is the bar located inside 317 on Rice Park.
                    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                      I think that's the same place they had the alumni gathering for the last Final Five appearance by Michigan Tech...
                      Huh. We've been down there enough, I can't believe I've never heard of it. Anyway, I doubt I'll go. If Tech wins, it'll be 100% Tom Reid's for me, if they lose, my couch will be perfectly fine.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Huh. We've been down there enough, I can't believe I've never heard of it. Anyway, I doubt I'll go. If Tech wins, it'll be 100% Tom Reid's for me, if they lose, my couch will be perfectly fine.
                        If it's the same place I remember, it's not really a "bar." It's kinda fancy compared to what we normally use for events: Stub & Herbs, Grandma's Sports Garden, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                          If it's the same place I remember, it's not really a "bar." It's kinda fancy compared to what we normally use for events: Stub & Herbs, Grandma's Sports Garden, etc.
                          Well I don't like no high falutin clubs.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Tailgate, hockey, and Reid's. Repeat on Friday. As for Saturday, tailgate early to avoid the St. Patrick's Day Madness, hockey (how can you fools miss hockey!?) and then probably home to relax with out guests.
                            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

There is a John's Corner Bar over in South St. Paul, but that's not anywhere near the X. Don't know of nay other place called John's in St. Paul.

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                                Tailgate, hockey, and Reid's. Repeat on Friday. As for Saturday, tailgate early to avoid the St. Patrick's Day Madness, hockey (how can you fools miss hockey!?) and then probably home to relax with out guests.
                                Obvious Johnny Holm newbee.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X