Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 Frozen Four: Which two teams will play for the national championship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Frozen Four: Which two teams will play for the national championship?

Hard to choose after a day of pretty outstanding hockey. But I did.
    Wisconsin
    37.50%
    Boston College
    11.03%
    Minnesota
    35.29%
    Cornell
    16.18%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by JosephPSchmoe; 03-10-2012, 09:56 PM.

Re: 2012 Frozen Four: Which two teams will play for the national championship?

Originally posted by JosephPSchmoe View Post
    Hard to choose after a day of pretty outstanding hockey. But I did.
    A great day at the rinks, both real and virtual...some great hockey and display of both individual and team skill.

I can't see BC getting by UW...the Badgers are just too deep.

If they each bring their "A" game, Cornell vs UM should be a barnburner and maybe even one for the record books. But hard to top today's Cornell-BU game...what an amazing display. To paraphrase the play by play commentator, "we may never see a better hockey game for the rest of our lives!" As I pondered in another thread earlier, will Cornell be jacked or fighting their legs in the latter part of the game?

Should be worth the price of admission.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
      To paraphrase the play by play commentator, "we may never see a better hockey game for the rest of our lives!" As I pondered in another thread earlier, will Cornell be jacked or fighting their legs in the latter part of the game?

Should be worth the price of admission.
      15 goals allowed and it's the best game one could ever see? Laughable.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        This.
        Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
        Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
        Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          Obviously, what he meant by "better" was "entertaining" or "exciting"...after all, isn't that why most fans watch games, to be entertained or even excited by the suspense of either a low scoring or high scoring close contest by two great teams that leave everything on the ice?

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
            I can't see BC getting by UW...the Badgers are just too deep.

NFW! Sorry..... I was here in Wisco for our game tonight, and I'm telling you... first line.... sure, all that, I'll give it to 'em. after that? INVISIBLE!

GO EAGLES! You CAN do this!
            Toe Blake On goalies: "You get four goals off them, or five, but the goal you've got to have to win, somehow the great ones don't let you get it.”

Comment

Originally posted by IceIsNice View Post
              NFW! Sorry..... I was here in Wisco for our game tonight, and I'm telling you... first line.... sure, all that, I'll give it to 'em. after that? INVISIBLE!

GO EAGLES! You CAN do this!
              What does that say about your MH lines then? I didn’t see the game live, but the broadcast showed a game that UW controlled pretty handily. #9 scored a very weak goal where she basically threw the puck in the general direction of the next and Rigsby just missed. She makes that save 999 times out of 1000, so minus that it is a 2-0 game with an empty netter to make it 3-0. The Badgers clearly are not firing on all cylinders, but to say the 2nd and 3rd line were invisible is a real stretch. In the game I watch those lines generally kept the play in the MH zone and had a number of great chances, I would frankly say more than I observed from any of the MH lines. That said the Badgers did what they needed to do to win!

Comment

Originally posted by granddaddyscout View Post
                What does that say about your MH lines then? I didn’t see the game live, but the broadcast showed a game that UW controlled pretty handily. #9 scored a very weak goal where she basically threw the puck in the general direction of the next and Rigsby just missed. She makes that save 999 times out of 1000, so minus that it is a 2-0 game with an empty netter to make it 3-0. The Badgers clearly are not firing on all cylinders, but to say the 2nd and 3rd line were invisible is a real stretch. In the game I watch those lines generally kept the play in the MH zone and had a number of great chances, I would frankly say more than I observed from any of the MH lines. That said the Badgers did what they needed to do to win!
                God it's going to be so effing satisfying toppling the Badgers... So sick of the "you are not worthy" mindset everyone's supposed to have.
                Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                  So sick of the "you are not worthy" mindset everyone's supposed to have.
                  I agree. Remember that should you ever be having a conversation with a Northeastern men's hockey fan and you find yourself starting to form a sentence concerning NCAA or Beanpot success. When they drop the puck, the scoreboard reads "0 - 0", and the history is only that.
                  "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                  And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                    God it's going to be so effing satisfying toppling the Badgers... So sick of the "you are not worthy" mindset everyone's supposed to have.
                    H-t-H Smack talk between TTT and GDDS......Promises to be good entertainment

Comment

Was the poll that came out last night deleted ?. (My post and vote seems to have disappeared).

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
                        Was the poll that came out last night deleted ?. (My post and vote seems to have disappeared).
                        I believe J.P.S. was kind enough to redo the poll, because the previous edition was not public. Also, voters are supposed to pick two teams here, because there are two games.

Comment

ARM is correct. I'm a poll virgin and got pretty much everything wrong the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by JosephPSchmoe View Post
                            I'm a poll virgin and got pretty much everything wrong the first time.
                            Everyone does the first time they make a poll. And slow learners like myself are still repeating those same mistakes years later. Remembering to make it public is always the hardest part, because the box has to be clicked after creating the thread, and by then, the poster is just hurrying to get the poll made before everyone has time to ask, "Where's the poll?"

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                              I agree. Remember that should you ever be having a conversation with a Northeastern men's hockey fan and you find yourself starting to form a sentence concerning NCAA or Beanpot success. When they drop the puck, the scoreboard reads "0 - 0", and the history is only that.
                              Had to repost this.

Comment

Working...
                              X